Clan Training Program

90 replies to this topic

#21 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

Went well last night! Brought a few pilots into our TS and did a few drops. A lot of able pilots out there looking to learn.

#22 Duke Einholt

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:49 AM

Training group for new clan players very good idea - if your group need someone to spar with contact Me on the FRR hub in the 2323 channel.

#23 Duke Einholt

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

You might want to also contact Mercier from the (RSRV) Reserve training unit, he has a unit for strictly training new players - right now his unit is on IS Mech bay tour but they will be going clan in the future they might be good unit for you contact and train with.

#24 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up Duke. I'll hit you up with a friend invite in game so we can exchange TS's and try to work with you and Mercier so we can start setting things in motion.

#25 TheBo55mon

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

I'm an experienced MWO Founder pilot that's looking to drop with fellow Wolf Clanners and start engaging with the Clan Wolf communities online. As you can see, this is my first post, but I have been browsing the MWO forums for a long while.

Any info on Wolf TeamSpeak/Ventrilo servers, forums, and websites would be greatly appreciated. We need to rally and take back our worlds. For Strana Mechty!

Edited by BazZzy, 29 January 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#26 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostBazZzy, on 29 January 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm an experienced MWO Founder pilot that's looking to drop with fellow Wolf Clanners and start engaging with the Clan Wolf communities online. As you can see, this is my first post, but I have been browsing the MWO forums for a long while.

Any info on Wolf TeamSpeak/Ventrilo servers, forums, and websites would be greatly appreciated. We need to rally and take back our worlds. For Strana Mechty!

https://mwomercs.com...an-wolf-touman/

Literally the first post on the clan wolf forums is of tonnes of servers, website and forums you can go to.....

#27 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

Hey Bazzy. I'll reach out to you in game and send a friend request and try and pull you into our TS for a few drops one of these nights. But definitely look into Naglinator's link that he posted. Good start if you're looking to find more coordinated play in regards to CW.

#28 TheScot

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Good afternoon.
Game name TheScot . I used to play this "Battle Mech tech?" about 10 -15 years ago when it first came out. Rusty? You know it, allot has changed.
I would be interested in getting retrained. You will see me in clan battles with my Lynx. I prefer lights and hit and run tactics. I do not plan on jumping from this clan.
Best regards
The Scot

#29 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

TheScot. I will be reaching out to you in MWO via friend invite. Thanks for showing interest in receiving training. We'd be happy to help.

#30 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

Good drops last night! One of our groups of nearly all PUGs beat a 12-man premade. Keep it up warriors!

#31 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

Let the Alpha Wolves know how we can help - if possible (might have just missed it), update the OP with TS info? We can stop by and help out however possible.

#32 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 31 January 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Good drops last night! One of our groups of nearly all PUGs beat a 12-man premade. Keep it up warriors!

What 12 man was that bad, NTEX?

#33 Dirt6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Locationgo **** yourself

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

My IS unit was drunk on Friday and Saturday to the point we had people passing out at their keyboard.

Record nights for drunk team damage too.

It wouldn't have surprised me if our guys got slaughtered by pugs. xD

#34 PinkTarantula

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

I'm immensly interested in getting involved with this. I've only been playing a few days now though. I've been trying to dredge through all the nonsense in the forums but can't seem to find much of use. All the TS servers i've joined have been deserted. Im currently wide open on my play schedule so all i need is a time to be on to talk with someone.

#35 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostPinkTarantula, on 01 February 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

I'm immensly interested in getting involved with this. I've only been playing a few days now though. I've been trying to dredge through all the nonsense in the forums but can't seem to find much of use. All the TS servers i've joined have been deserted. Im currently wide open on my play schedule so all i need is a time to be on to talk with someone.

The SWOLs and CWI servers will definitely not be empty. Go talk to them and start doing some drops. If you like them then you can ask to join them.

#36 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

I will be reaching out to you in-game Pink Tarantula. If you can, reach out to SWOL and CWI as Naglinator pointed out and I will work with you to get on the EK TeamSpeak as well.

#37 Demolitions45

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:10 PM

I've been busy the past few days but I am definitely interested joining up and learning a few things. I've recently become somewhat of the strat caller so i'd like to forum ideas.

#38 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:24 PM

By all means Demo. Come drop with us on the EK TeamSpeak. RG is a great teacher for potential Drop Commanders. I'll friend you in game and give you our TS.

#39 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 12:54 AM

So I'm doing a stint in Wolf for a bit. I had one drop with a pug team with little direction and we got rolled.

However, the rest of the night I dropped with AWOL and pugged alongside NS and a bunch of otherwise pug drops with Lumi from Tau galaxy calling and they were solid wins even with almost pure pug teams.

That first drop where nobody followed direction much and tried to do their own thing few people broke 700 damage. All the other drops where people stuck to the plan almost everyone hit 1K or so. Some were 2K regularly.

Winning in CW is a product of teamwork and a willingness to stick with the team and play to the plan. Agree/disagree, it doesn't matter. You still play to the plan because even a bad plan executed well is better than a great plan nobody tries.

Training helps you build a mech that will help you play better. That doesn't even mean pure meta; just understanding what weapons work well together and what ones don't. How to play with your team, etc. etc. This is the stuff that will help you have fun and win matches.

Props to everyone I dropped with tonight. That was really good fun.

Edited by MischiefSC, 02 February 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#40 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:59 AM

I was in that winning match MischiefSC and it was fun and a good win. EK tries to drop command when ever others wont, most of the time we win, specially when the team does as asked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users