Clan Training Program

90 replies to this topic

#41 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

Hey Bjorn, I started this thing, hopefully we can fill it with enough useful resources that it becomes a central repository for some of the vast knowledge we have in Clan Wolf.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk with you soon, and we can start adding/developing more resources - I'm perfectly fine with removing that thread as well if we come up with a better solution, but I wanted to get things started here too :)

#42 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

VERY nice thread Merc! Posted Image Great stuff, I'll definitely point the new players to that thread so they can have the appropriate resources at hand. We really appreciate all the effort you and AWOL are putting in to helping out Clan Wolf in preparation for CW Phase III. I sent you a message containing our TS. Feel free to hop on and talk to RG Vickers, our leader at Ebon Keshik since he has more authority than I do concerning any sort of collaboration between AWOL and EK.

A LOT of new warriors have been reaching out to the Ebon Keshik expressing their willingness to learn. Keep up the good work warriors!

#43 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

We've had a lot of guys sending messages and dropping with us. I continue to encourage anyone who is having a rough time in the game to reach out to us. Teams feel free to send your drop commanders / future DCs to us. There are ways to cut their learning curves very quickly and allow them to be a valuable resource to your team. This upcoming Sunday at 12pm PST (GMT -8) I'll be discussing some DC basics and those interested are welcome. Send either Bjorn or myself an in game message for more information.

#44 ParkourTurtle

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

So I'm fairly new to mwo ( been playing about a month) and was recently contacted and accepted into my current is faction giving me my first glimpses into community warfare. After getting over the initial information overload I began to actually look at the solar map and what It meant. I then notices clan wolf and that it seemed to be just barely golding onto its small plot of space. Thispeeked my attention as when I first discovered the cw tab it was this same clan I nearly attempted to join before deciding that I should gain a better understanding of the game before venturing into cw. I have recently discovered all of the Long standing lore for which the game is built upon and is something I plan to continue digging into.

I have also recently purchased my first clan mech the kit fox and really like the omnipod system. In curiosity I found my way into this thread and really like the idea of the training sessions and of growing the general knowledge level of the community (mine in particular XD). And would like to inquire about possably joining in on some trained no sesions(I'm assuming they are in qm as you mentioned 12v12).

Tldr: can I join in on the practice matches even if I'm not in the clan and only have one clan mech?

Edited by Xtinction6, 05 February 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#45 Cascade Mundi

• Pip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

Die in agony, Freebirth.

>: (

Edited by Cascade Mundi, 05 February 2016 - 08:17 AM.

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostXtinction6, on 05 February 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

So I'm fairly new to mwo ( been playing about a month) and was recently contacted and accepted into my current is faction giving me my first glimpses into community warfare. After getting over the initial information overload I began to actually look at the solar map and what It meant. I then notices clan wolf and that it seemed to be just barely golding onto its small plot of space. Thispeeked my attention as when I first discovered the cw tab it was this same clan I nearly attempted to join before deciding that I should gain a better understanding of the game before venturing into cw. I have recently discovered all of the Long standing lore for which the game is built upon and is something I plan to continue digging into.

I have also recently purchased my first clan mech the kit fox and really like the omnipod system. In curiosity I found my way into this thread and really like the idea of the training sessions and of growing the general knowledge level of the community (mine in particular XD). And would like to inquire about possably joining in on some trained no sesions(I'm assuming they are in qm as you mentioned 12v12).

Tldr: can I join in on the practice matches even if I'm not in the clan and only have one clan mech?

PM the OP, the whole point is to make people better at the game. Obviously we can't all drop in CW together since you're not in a Clan faction but absolutely, training scrims are a lot of fun and the more the merrier.

#47 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

Xtinction. If you're looking to learn how to become a better Clan pilot in CW, we at the Ebon Keshik, along with our fellow loyalist units are more than happy to help out. Unfortunately, as you are currently under contract with the Inner Sphere, we cannot drop with you in Community Warfare. You would need to break your current contract then sign a new one with Clan Wolf. However, we could help you learn how to pilot Clan mechs in private lobby training sessions if you are looking to stay Liao. Just know that those warriors of Clan Wolf looking to learn from us will take precedence in the training rotation as they are already part of Clan Wolf.

#48 ParkourTurtle

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Alright that is cool. I will contact the op. And I can't justify join a clan currntly(opening only a single kitfox) but after I get ahold of a fee storm crows and maybe a tbr I will look into joining.

#49 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:10 PM

Still getting a lot of newer warriors reaching out to us at the Ebon Keshik for training and the training is going very well. I encourage all those newer warriors looking to learn on how to become better pilots, please feel free to post in this thread and we'd be happy to contact you with our unit's TeamSpeak address.

#50 Suispider

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

I'd be interested in learning. My contract with house Marik has just expired, and I learned next to nothing in my pug drops. I'm positive I am signing up with clan, and have just started working toward mastering my first clan Mech.

I'd love to come in, do some drops with you guys, and learn everything I can!

#51 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for posting Suispider. I will message you with our TeamSpeak address and we'll get on bringing you in on some drops with us.

#52 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

The last few weeks have been a grind but seeing results quickly with newer players exponentially cutting their learning curves has been rewarding.

I continue to encourage players as well as group leads to reach out to us and other willing units to use the collaborative groups experiences.

#53 Fishassassin

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

#54 gunihun

Rookie

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:53 PM

Hi
I am interested in joining in the training. Do kindly pm me TS link in the game. Thanks Posted Image

#55 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

Hi Gunihun,

Either Bjorn or myself seeing as you are in my TZ will add you as a friend and get you on TS.

#56 Jace Blue

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

If you guys are still pulling pilots fresh from their sibko's and preparing them for their Trials I'd be interested.

#57 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:52 AM

Hey Jace,

I've sent you a message through the forums containing our TeamSpeak address if you'd like to stop on by for some drops and training.

#58 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

I dropped with these guys a few times the other night and it was epic. Let's keep this going!

Can someone also please PM me the TS server? I forgot to bookmark it.

Edit: Never mind. Just found you guys in game and had a bunch of awesome drops. Would love to apply for a spot in EK if available.

Edited by Pater Mors, 04 March 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#59 PwnsauceQC

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:36 AM

Hey guys!

I would definitely love to drop and learn with you guys. I can follow orders well but that's pretty much it. Hoping to learn more!

#60 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostPwnsauceQC, on 05 March 2016 - 12:36 AM, said:

Hey guys!

I would definitely love to drop and learn with you guys. I can follow orders well but that's pretty much it. Hoping to learn more!

Hey Pwn,

Send me an in game friend invite and I'll get you set up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users