Voting Minigame Coming To An End

77 replies to this topic

#1 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:11 PM

Anyone else bummed out that we'll no longer be able to stack multipliers to the wall by voting for the lowest percentage?

Personally I like voting for the least favorite, 12 times, then picking Terra Therma with my 30% in one shot 12x multiplier. Not because I'm interested in trolling but because I genuinely enjoy that map and I worry that I'll see it less and less if I can't abuse the system.

One vote, no changing votes and no seeing the percentage of the votes until after you vote

Picking map first then picking game mode

I'm a sad panda

#2 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

Here is an idea. Get some premium time, find 5-7 people who like Terra Therma also (at least one with premium time), set up a private lobby and have fun all day on it.

This will show which maps are voted on the most, and maybe they might make changes to the ones that get little to no votes to make them better.

#3 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 29 January 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

Here is an idea. Get some premium time, find 5-7 people who like Terra Therma also (at least one with premium time), set up a private lobby and have fun all day on it.

This will show which maps are voted on the most, and maybe they might make changes to the ones that get little to no votes to make them better.

Sounds like a waste of premium time to me. I'm not activating my last few days worth just to play with 6 other guys when I could be earning cBills and xp.

#4 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Strange thing is Russ said the goal was to get about even drops on all maps.
Yeah, right, voting killed that plan. Posted Image

#5 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:23 PM

Booooooooooooooooooo! I LOVE VOTING!

#6 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

I have been asking for blind voting before it was cool.

#7 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

Just more of a sad sad little man trying to screw those who paid so much and put so much into this game.

wake up !

#8 Accused

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

I like the voting multipliers.

You would think that I'm trolling, but I don't want to see the same map over and over again.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 29 January 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

Just more of a sad sad little man trying to screw those who paid so much and put so much into this game.

wake up !

when i put money into this game i firmly expected a fair chance at my ring disposal buisness.

View PostAccused, on 29 January 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

I like the voting multipliers.

You would think that I'm trolling, but I don't want to see the same map over and over again.

me too, i think we should just rename the game from mwo to frozen city 24/7.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 January 2016 - 11:14 PM.

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

I always hated the whole multiplier thing. Its not a fair vote if each person doesn't count as a single person.

#11 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:18 PM

Sorry, i didn't watch the town hall. Well, just the last 15 minutes or so. So... are we going back to the first voting implementation? I remember it was like:

HPG
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
HPG
HPG
Crimson straits
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
HPG
Frozen city

There are two very different segments of population, one (aparently the majority) wants to play the same 2 or 3 maps and most of the time in skirmish, the other wants variety and be able to play in all the maps/modes (i belong to this second group). There has to be a compromise that makes both parties happy. But private matches is not that solution, because the cbills - exp are needed for all players.

Honestly, i'd go for 2 separate queues, the two segments want different games, and any system that keeps them in the same "bucket" is going to be disliked by one or the other. Edit: or both.

Edited by patataman, 29 January 2016 - 11:37 PM.

#12 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

Meh, I've already found the way to force players to vote for map, they actually like, instead of voting for some crappy maps to stack multiplier, therefore spreading votes and allowing terrible maps to win.

#13 Sadist Cain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 605 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

So far I've heard two reasons that people say they dislike terra therma.

They are incapable of heat management.
They are so mind-numbingly, braindead stupid that they will charge the centre every single time and complain about it.

Perhaps if some players could take the time to stop cleaning the cockpit glass with their tongue they'd realise the fact that it's just their dimwitted, mindless playstyle that's the problem rather than the map.
Folk need to think outside the box more. Instead they prefer to sit inside the box, on fire, then complain bitterly about how the box is terrible to them.

Absolute morons, by the very definition, Idiots.

View PostFinnMcKool, on 29 January 2016 - 10:51 PM, said:

wake up !

Now now don't be so hard on yourself.

Being terrible at a map doesn't mean you have to try and screw people over because of it now does it?

#14 Billygoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

They need to at least update Frozen City before doing this.

Being able to build up enough multiplier to have a chance to veto that awful map is all that keeps me sane.

#15 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

Posted Image

That will be sad day.

Wait, that is not enough to express al my feelings about it Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 totgeboren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUmeå, Sweden

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

If they just changed it to blind voting, but kept the multipliers, I think the system would work much better.

#17 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

I will not miss it at all.

"clever" players are rampant now, and 24 people end up playing the map literally not a single person actually wanted to play. I have been in rooms multiple times where the 0% map ends up winning the vote in the last half second because everyone had a great idea.

#18 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

It would be very easy for PGI to get the less commonly chosen maps to be played more often. Reduce the amount of times the commonly chosen maps occur as a choice for players to vote on.

It is just the opposite process of when Polar came out and was an option of voting choice for each match.

Cheers
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 30 January 2016 - 02:08 AM.

#19 Donnie Dark0

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

Blind voting - yes
Multiplayers removal - no

Multiplayers were a problem (to some people) because people could try and game the system. Blind voting already solves that problem. So why further punish people with less common taste?

Edited by Donnie Dark0, 30 January 2016 - 02:10 AM.

#20 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostDonnie Dark0, on 30 January 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

Blind voting - yes
Multiplayers removal - no

Multiplayers were a problem (to some people) because people could try and game the system. Blind voting already solves that problem. So why further punish people with less common taste?

i have to agree here. i wouldnt mind putting the mind games to bed. you can vote for your map, or abstain, thats it. no more artificially boosting your multiplayer. i still can save up my therma or polar votes and get my map eventually.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users