Voting Minigame Coming To An End

77 replies to this topic

#21 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

The voting system is the same, just blind votes now. You still get your multiplier. Some of you really need to actually listen to what he said. He clearly stated you get the multiplier if your map isn't picked.

#22 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:19 AM

View PostAccused, on 29 January 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

I like the voting multipliers.

You would think that I'm trolling, but I don't want to see the same map over and over again.

well now your vote is equal; to others. Your taste is just inferior. The maps that most people truly like will be picked more often.

PGI also said that the maps that do not get picked as often may be put into the rotation more because the current method gives bad data with the gaming going on.

It was a good town hall BTW

#23 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

I support drunken Town Halls more often. We really got a good sense of what Russ really wants, once he got some liquid courage in him.

#24 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:35 AM

It means I will see conquest and that dang bog even more than I do now

I know PGI has been gaming us anyway so just one more nail in the coffin for this game for me

#25 patataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 464 posts
  • LocationA Vindicator cockpit near you

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

View PostChuck Jager, on 30 January 2016 - 03:19 AM, said:

well now your vote is equal; to others. Your taste is just inferior. The maps that most people truly like will be picked more often.

PGI also said that the maps that do not get picked as often may be put into the rotation more because the current method gives bad data with the gaming going on.

It was a good town hall BTW

If not wanting to play the same map over and over and over and over and over... ... and over is having bad taste, then i have bad taste too. But i'd say some folks are just unable to adapt to anything that is not "their map".

#26 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

View PostCillipuddi, on 30 January 2016 - 02:48 AM, said:

The voting system is the same, just blind votes now. You still get your multiplier. Some of you really need to actually listen to what he said. He clearly stated you get the multiplier if your map isn't picked.

this thing is four hours long, lol. im listening to it now. its also coming up on 3am so i might listen to the rest tomorrow night.

#27 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:56 AM

@LordNothing Honestly man, listen to the whole thing. A lot of great things are coming within the April time frame. I'm very excited.

#28 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:07 AM

Simple random map and mode selection would be so much better that any voting system at all.

#29 C I L L I P U D D I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 188 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

It's interactive and it's fun. People complained about the random maps and modes, now they complain about having a choice.

#30 spottiedogman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

I for one would like it to go back to random maps and random modes, just another time waster the way it is now. Playing the same map 6-7 times is NOT fun! For me anyway.

#31 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Now that the game modes are going to be totally different from each other instead of just different flavors of Skirmish, PGI should bring back specific game mode selection. Why force people who hate Conquest to play Conquest? Or people who hate Skirmish to play Skirmish? Thanks to Steam the population more than doubled (according to Russ) so wait times would be fine.

#32 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

I play Solo Queue 100% and see all the maps. In fact I'd say Frozen City appears as much as Tourmaline. Sounds like Group Queue is where Frozen City 24/7 happens.

#33 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:12 AM

R.I.P. Ghost Voting. 2015-2016. We will need a new Ghost Mechanic. The Ghost Bear, A.K.A. Kodiak, will be adequate.

#34 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:22 AM

WOOHOO FINALLY!!!

#35 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

maybe we could have a system where the maps come up randomly, so that no player has an advantage because they can stack votes to get the map they like with their mech. Yes it sucks to bring a brawler to polar, or a laserboat to mordor. But these are problems we all face. It keeps players thinking about balance. Oh yeah and we could maybe have a system wher players can opt out of game modes they don't like. I like skirmish and would play it every time, other players might (for some ungodly reason) prefer Conquest. They could set their selector to only go into conquest maps.
I wonder if such a system is possible?

#36 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

View Postpatataman, on 29 January 2016 - 11:18 PM, said:

Sorry, i didn't watch the town hall. Well, just the last 15 minutes or so. So... are we going back to the first voting implementation? I remember it was like:

HPG
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
HPG
HPG
Crimson straits
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
Frozen city
HPG
Frozen city

There are two very different segments of population, one (aparently the majority) wants to play the same 2 or 3 maps and most of the time in skirmish, the other wants variety and be able to play in all the maps/modes (i belong to this second group). There has to be a compromise that makes both parties happy. But private matches is not that solution, because the cbills - exp are needed for all players.

Honestly, i'd go for 2 separate queues, the two segments want different games, and any system that keeps them in the same "bucket" is going to be disliked by one or the other. Edit: or both.

QFT:

We are going to be back to this in short order. People don't realize that the mini-game voting was the whole reason for map variety.

#37 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

Sigh! I want random map and game mode selection!

#38 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 29 January 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

I always hated the whole multiplier thing. Its not a fair vote if each person doesn't count as a single person.

The United States of America seems to have survived so far, what with their electoral college and all. Well, until Trump wins anyway. Posted Image

#39 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

View PostXetelian, on 29 January 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:

Anyone else bummed out that we'll no longer be able to stack multipliers to the wall by voting for the lowest percentage?

<snip>

Yep, this is bad news. Unless you liked the 90% Frozen City/HPG skirmish game we had when voting started.

#40 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

If people can't game or troll the voting then i fear they will revert back to only vote frozen. In doubt you take what you want rather than think "its going to win so im gona vote something else" and then something else wins.

View PostCillipuddi, on 30 January 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

I support drunken Town Halls more often. We really got a good sense of what Russ really wants, once he got some liquid courage in him.

I liked the Townhall too but im not going to give credit to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life problems. i think Russ is just getting more confident as time passes.

View PostMystere, on 30 January 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Sigh! I want random map and game mode selection!

I think it's gone forever, Russ said average waiting time solo was 2minutes, less for group. Remember before voting it could be 5m+ and we were bitching on the forum. I don't think the Steamer would stick with the game if they had to wait though logically they should be numerous and not wait but i dont know that :/

If the voting system make map voted often less prevalent in the choices it could work. I would very much like to play forest once in a while and yesterday it didnt happen in 12 games but i got many bog and my first 2 game on Polar and i liked it.

Edited by DAYLEET, 30 January 2016 - 11:40 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users