BattleMechs News

23 replies to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:30 PM

The 'Mech on the picture seems to be modified ARC-2W (or maybe modified ARC-2S) Archer used by Wolf's Dragoons, and its blue-and-gold livery suggests we are looking at Colonel Jaime Wolf's personal 'Mech!

You already saw PGI's take on Colonel Morgan Kell's Archer, so now you can compare both 'Mechs.

Who knows, perhaps PGI could offer "two" Hero Archers - Kell's and Wolf's? Two energy hardpoints in each arm and two missile hardpoints in each side torso? After all, we have two Hero Dragons.

Posted Image

The 'Mech on the left is CP-10-Z Cyclops, used by Captain William Cameron (Colonel Wolf's comm officer).

#2 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

Kinda reminds me of a Black Lanner from that angle.

#3 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:51 AM

I love CGL. MWO has awesome looking updated mechs but I prefer how CGL sticks to the original style with their updates.

#4 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:31 AM

The Archer looks awesome.

The Cyclops looks like some kind of lame robot from a 1960's pulp sci-fi comic book.

#5 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:36 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 31 January 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

The Cyclops looks like some kind of lame robot from a 1960's pulp sci-fi comic book.

Didn't it always, though? :\

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

View Postmartian, on 30 January 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

The 'Mech on the picture seems to be modified ARC-2W (or maybe modified ARC-2S) Archer used by Wolf's Dragoons, and its blue-and-gold livery suggests we are looking at Colonel Jaime Wolf's personal 'Mech!

You already saw PGI's take on Colonel Morgan Kell's Archer, so now you can compare both 'Mechs.

Who knows, perhaps PGI could offer "two" Hero Archers - Kell's and Wolf's? Two energy hardpoints in each arm and two missile hardpoints in each side torso? After all, we have two Hero Dragons.

Posted Image

The 'Mech on the left is CP-10-Z Cyclops, used by Captain William Cameron (Colonel Wolf's comm officer).

Very similar to Shim's older archer, which also looked good (though his Cyclops is a little lacking..but then, it's not being reimagined, and the Cyclops DOES look goofy..just a shame it detracts from the Archer)

That said...I gotta give the gold star to our boy Alex. His archer is 1000% premium Mech Pron.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

It's a bit shame that they're not reworking ALL of the mechs (cause that'd make my **** explode, though that's probably not a good thing). Because i'm pretty much lovin' all of these new redesigns. They stick much closer to the original TROs than i ever imagined they'd be.
Especially their Marauder. Now THAT'S a Marauder. (No offense to Alex, but i much prefer CGLs Marauder)

Though, i do wonder, if they're reworking the Scorpion and Goliath, since they're in the same boat, and we didn't really get anything about them. Posted Image

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 31 January 2016 - 06:48 AM.

#8 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 31 January 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

It's a bit shame that they're not reworking ALL of the mechs (cause that'd make my **** explode, though that's probably not a good thing). Because i'm pretty much lovin' all of these new redesigns. They stick much closer to the original TROs than i ever imagined they'd be.
Especially their Marauder. Now THAT'S a Marauder. (No offense to Alex, but i much prefer CGLs Marauder)

Though, i do wonder, if they're reworking the Scorpion and Goliath, since they're in the same boat, and we didn't really get anything about them. Posted Image

Mmm. Can you imagine a redesigned Tarantula and Stalking Spider? Posted Image

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostThunder Lips Express, on 31 January 2016 - 04:51 AM, said:

I love CGL. MWO has awesome looking updated mechs but I prefer how CGL sticks to the original style with their updates.

3025 original
Posted Image
Shim's
Posted Image
Alex's
Posted Image

I'd say in this case they both kept pretty faithful, just emphasizing different features. I think Alex's will have better hitboxes.

so far with the "officials" CGL vs PGI, i'd say I prefer CGL's Marauder, but PGIs Hammer and Archer. The Rifleman, unknown.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 31 January 2016 - 06:47 AM, said:

View PostPariah Devalis, on 31 January 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Mmm. Can you imagine a redesigned Tarantula and Stalking Spider? Posted Image

Stalking spider already looks good.
Tarantula.....
Spoiler

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 31 January 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2016 - 06:55 AM, said:

Stalking spider already looks good.
Tarantula.....
Spoiler

I freely admit, even if the Stalking Spider is an inferior Shadow Cat, I still want it. >_<

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 31 January 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Didn't it always, though? :\

That red glowing circular viewport attracts attention to the Cyclops, even though the 'Mech itself is in the background.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:13 AM

View Postmartian, on 31 January 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

That red glowing circular viewport attracts attention to the Cyclops, even though the 'Mech itself is in the background.

War of the Worlds era mech, lol.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

War of the Worlds era mech, lol.

Are you suggesting that I should start campaigning for the inclusion of Colossal-class Tripods? Posted Image

#15 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:50 AM

I like Alex's version of the Archer we got better. It's back and forth, I like the CGL version of the Warhammer much over ours, but I like Marauder much more than CGLs. Rifleman is a crap shoot.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostPrecentor Martial Jarcaddy, on 31 January 2016 - 07:50 AM, said:

I like Alex's version of the Archer we got better. It's back and forth, I like the CGL version of the Warhammer much over ours, but I like Marauder much more than CGLs. Rifleman is a crap shoot.

shows how subjective it can be, since the PGI version of the Marauder to me looks like an homage to Shimmering Swords old "Goodyear Blimp" version, mated with a King Crab, and funnily enough aside from minor proportional details, really like his newer official CGL take.

Conversely I always had issues with the upper arms and lower legs of SS's Warhammer for CGL (and other minor nitpicks), and while still having a few complaints on alex's (no elbows!) think his is much cooler looking.

Archer I'll have to wait till I see his line art version, but so far I'm way into Alex's camp.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 31 January 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#17 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

3025 original
Posted Image
Shim's
Posted Image
Alex's
Posted Image

I'd say in this case they both kept pretty faithful, just emphasizing different features. I think Alex's will have better hitboxes.

so far with the &quot;officials&quot; CGL vs PGI, i'd say I prefer CGL's Marauder, but PGIs Hammer and Archer. The Rifleman, unknown.

I'm anxious to see Alex version of the Thug. Hopefully he could remove that wierd dome that's in front of the cockpit

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

View PostThunder Lips Express, on 31 January 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm anxious to see Alex version of the Thug. Hopefully he could remove that wierd dome that's in front of the cockpit

Alex has proven himself as a very competent artist, so I would have no worries.

#19 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 31 January 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

it lacks a gorilla costume and bubblemachine to be cool enough

#20 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

View Postmartian, on 30 January 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

...I like it, yes please. Another Hero to keep my other Archer company. :D

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users