So In Light Of The Reseens Can We Get A New Battlemaster?

41 replies to this topic

#1 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image One inspired more by this perhaps?

Ours looks....chunky...and still has Weeny sized PPCs after all. At least on THIS version they look more fit with the lines of the mech...

Edited by Mavairo, 31 January 2016 - 02:43 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

Well, no. They're not going to remake the Battlemaster. That would be a huge cost (in terms of time to make a mech that already exists and looks pretty decent) for zero gain. Better to just keep making new mechs.

Most who were going to buy a BLR already have, those who have may or may not want theirs to suddenly look different...

Lots and lots of reasons.

So the short form: No.

#3 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 January 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

Ours looks....chunky...and still has Weeny sized PPCs after all. At least on THIS version they look more fit with the lines of the mech...

Maybe a hero battlemaster with different geometry. A dome cockpit would be sweet

#4 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostThunder Lips Express, on 31 January 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

Maybe a hero battlemaster with different geometry. A dome cockpit would be sweet

^This

Russ mentioned in the Town Hall that the Catapult getting completely redone was the reason behind creating a new Hero Catapult to try and recoup some of the costs on the redesign for a mech that is largely already owned by most people who want it.

#5 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

I really tried to like the way Battlemasters look but they are just way too fat.

Something like this would be great:

Posted Image

#6 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 31 January 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

Well, no. They're not going to remake the Battlemaster. That would be a huge cost (in terms of time to make a mech that already exists and looks pretty decent) for zero gain. Better to just keep making new mechs.

Most who were going to buy a BLR already have, those who have may or may not want theirs to suddenly look different...

what's funny is while the CGL one does look great, it's also got visibly worse hitboxes. Could just see the QQ.

#7 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 31 January 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

It could use a pass on its weapon geometry, but overall I prefer its design. I always thought the old Battlemaster looked ridiculous with its huge, easy to shoot bubble cockpit.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 31 January 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

It could use a pass on its weapon geometry, but overall I prefer its design. I always thought the old Battlemaster looked ridiculous with its huge, easy to shoot bubble cockpit.

plus look at the proportion differences between the arms and STs compared to the one we have. That one would be an XL death trap.

#9 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 January 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

I really like the current battlemaster thankyou!

#10 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

plus look at the proportion differences between the arms and STs compared to the one we have. That one would be an XL death trap.

But the BLR is already an XL Deathtrap?

The AWS is getting a revamp (supposedly) so is the Catapult, so why not the the BLR?
Everyone that is going to buy a Catapult already has imo.

#11 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 January 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

The AWS is getting a revamp (supposedly) so is the Catapult, so why not the the BLR?
Everyone that is going to buy a Catapult already has imo.

Neither are getting a revamp just to look pretty.

The AWS is a terrible mech (and has been for a VERY long time) specifically because of it's geometry. The BLR doesn't have that problem. But the AWS can't just be scaled down (though it is WAY too big in terms of volume for its tonnage) it needs a full remodel.

The CPLT on the other hand is one of the original 4 mechs, and design processes have changed so much since then, it really just needs to be re-done. The BLR is far, far newer.

#12 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Would pay MC for a bubble BLR canopy that I could add to/swap out on my mechs ...

#13 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 31 January 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Would pay MC for a bubble BLR canopy that I could add to/swap out on my mechs ...

There is a hell of a lot of custom geometry I'd pay serious MC for.

#14 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 31 January 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Neither are getting a revamp just to look pretty.

The AWS is a terrible mech (and has been for a VERY long time) specifically because of it's geometry. The BLR doesn't have that problem. But the AWS can't just be scaled down (though it is WAY too big in terms of volume for its tonnage) it needs a full remodel.

The CPLT on the other hand is one of the original 4 mechs, and design processes have changed so much since then, it really just needs to be re-done. The BLR is far, far newer.

I wouldn't call the BLR a winner exactly either you know. Sucking less than the AWS, is kind of a dubious honor, which is kind of where the BLR is. I like my BLRs, because I like the mech, like most of the phoenix mechs.

Also the Dragon is supposed to get a redesign as well.
I just think if PGI is going to be giving Harmony Gold the finger they should do it, right proper.

#15 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:45 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 January 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

what's funny is while the CGL one does look great, it's also got visibly worse hitboxes. Could just see the QQ.

I'm all about visual... Hitboxes be damned, as much as I absolutely love the TRO Battlemaster, the MWO Battlemaster falls so flat on it's face I can't even bring myself to pilot it.

It almost feels like Alex took a day off and PGI used some underling scrubs submission by mistake... Posted Image

Mark my words... If the MWO Battlemaster looked like the CGI offering, both the purchase of and utilization percentages would likely triple.

The only mech I see less of on the battlefield than the Battlemaster is the Trebuchet and Kintaro...

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 January 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

I wouldn't call the BLR a winner exactly either you know. Sucking less than the AWS, is kind of a dubious honor, which is kind of where the BLR is. I like my BLRs, because I like the mech, like most of the phoenix mechs.

Also the Dragon is supposed to get a redesign as well.
I just think if PGI is going to be giving Harmony Gold the finger they should do it, right proper.

The looks of the BLR and DRG have nothing to do with Harmony Gold. The did need them to be original art, though - just like the Unseen are original art too.

But what? The BLR is a very strong Assault chassis. It's got a T1 entry for IS Assaults, and three T2 entries as far as Metamechs goes. It's a very strong performer in Community Warfare as well, with excellent armor, firepower, and low tonnage.

The BLR is a great assault mech.

#17 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostMavairo, on 31 January 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

You might have missed a few months, but the current quirked Battlemaster is one of the best IS Assaults in the game.

#18 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 31 January 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

The looks of the BLR and DRG have nothing to do with Harmony Gold. The did need them to be original art, though - just like the Unseen are original art too.

But what? The BLR is a very strong Assault chassis. It's got a T1 entry for IS Assaults, and three T2 entries as far as Metamechs goes. It's a very strong performer in Community Warfare as well, with excellent armor, firepower, and low tonnage.

The BLR is a great assault mech.

I was under the impression the BLR's bubble dome and old school look was one of the Macross "knockoffs". Much like the Warhammer.

View PostUltimatum X, on 31 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

You might have missed a few months, but the current quirked Battlemaster is one of the best IS Assaults in the game.

I've been gone for a few months. (mostly been playing world of warships, D&D and other stuff) I might take mine out later tonight then.

#19 Twinkleblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

Just for your information the battlemaster is from Fang of the Sun : Dougram not macross.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

View PostDaZur, on 31 January 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I'm all about visual... Hitboxes be damned, as much as I absolutely love the TRO Battlemaster, the MWO Battlemaster falls so flat on it's face I can't even bring myself to pilot it.

It almost feels like Alex took a day off and PGI used some underling scrubs submission by mistake... Posted Image

Mark my words... If the MWO Battlemaster looked like the CGI offering, both the purchase of and utilization percentages would likely triple.

The only mech I see less of on the battlefield than the Battlemaster is the Trebuchet and Kintaro...

I wish I could be pure lore, trust me, but no usage would not increase. Maybe initially, but after people got their butts handed to them consistently, they'd stop using it no matter how it looks, for the majority of players.

Also, IDK what you are talking about tbh. I still see Battlemasters all the time. Virtually every drop. Ugly or not they are a solid machine.

View PostUltimatum X, on 31 January 2016 - 04:54 PM, said:

Banshee and Battlemasters and then probably stalkers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users