#1 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:46 PM

A humble proposal, if I may...

We've seen/heard/read many a complaint about finding modules, swapping them between mechs, and so on. But I think that some part of the solution is already in the live environment.

Consider the cockpit items screen. If I own, say, a Pressure Chamber War Horn, but it is currently installed on my CPLT-JESTER and I'm currently outfitting my JM6-FIREBRAND, I am notified of as much. Instead of the quantity '1', I'm shown 'INSTALLED ON OTHER MECHS".

So, would a similar interface for modules not be fitting? It could be expanded thus:

If there is a quantity of 0 owned by the player, then it must be purchased to be installed.

If there is a quantity of >0, but all are installed on other mechs, then a popup opens:
-BUY new [item_name]
-TRANSFER from other mech

IF 'TRANSFER' is selected, then a new popup occurs with a scrolling list of other mechs on which the item is currently installed.

Player selects a mech from which to transfer the selected item, or may cancel.

IF player selects and confirms the transfer, item is removed from other mech and installed on current mech.

When player SAVEs the current mech, the other mech from which the module was transferred is also saved in its new configuration.

No further action required.

NO action taken on mechs other than the current mech, until the current mech configuration is SAVEd.

Backing out of this screen, as with any other, results in the popup warning of unsaved changes.

So, how does that sound? Probably more complicated than I realize, from the programmer's perspective. But I think that the code is already there, and in use, for the UI side of it. The big potential complication I can imagine is in updating and saving TWO OR MORE mech configurations at once, when only ONE of those is the current mech.

Thoughts?

#2 Aeon Veritas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

Well, according to the January 29th TownHall summary re-cap on Reddit there is something incoming.

Change coming for mechlab: Improving finding and unequipping of items like modules. Understanding which mechs have which modules in them
Though, not sure if this is what you are advocating for.

what I'd like to see is that the real values are displayed in the mechlab.
ATM we can only see the basic values of the weapon and have affecting quirks listed below.
This is what I think should still be shown if we look on the weapon stats in the "market" tab before we fit them into the mech.
If the weapon is fitted on the mech and we look at the weapon stats I'd like to see the real values incl. all quirks, skills and modules.
Maybe the affected values should be shown in different colour depending on by what they are affected.

Oh, and since we are speaking about improving the mechlab I have to make a small remark about svaing and loading loadouts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users