So Happy About The Townhall

13 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

I listened to it the other day and i must say i am thrilled, Ammo quirks, and JJ quirks are coming! He must of said both 10 times. I have said many times that some mechs could really use them... Spider, commando im talking to you! It's also a great way to not make some mechs over powered by giving tons of ammo to all.

Im also very happy about the new CW changes. I really hope this livens up the CW. the 4 v 4 scouting change, along with the new attack/defend feature sounds great. I don't think i have been this excited about a patch in a long time.

Even going to once a month sounds like a wonderful plan.. I'm actually surprised they didn't do this sooner. this game has really come a long way in the last year since PGI took over, can't wait to see what happens in the next year.

#2 Greyhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 894 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

yes and if they are able to keep to the timetable he had in mind it will look completely different in 6 months time too.

I expect much slippage and then whining about broken promises (even though there were no promises just hopes and aspirations).

#3 Oni74

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

Is there a summary of the town hall posted somewhere? Anyone know?

#4 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

Listening now.

Oni there is usually one on reddit but i'm not sure. you can listen (4 hours long!) on the ngng youtube channel.

#5 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:14 AM

This is interesting. Exploring new quirks to buff mechs rather than relying on sometimes absurd weapon quirks. The IS Highlander could use JJ quirks for sure, give it a place in the game again.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

I have to repeat...they aren't fixing HoverJets™, they're simply quirking them.

Which means a select few mechs will be able to invest 4 tons to jump, while another could invest 8 tons and have worse performance.

PGI will PGI.

#7 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:26 AM

Loved the townhall too.

The part i liked most

Russ: We're open to revisiting spawn locations on maps if that's what they're asking. Also, new feature in development that will allow players to assign spawns if you take the commander position in the pre-round screen. Currently it doesn't work right but that will be fixed up so it not only changes which lance they're in, it drops them in the correct spawn together.

I hope it's for all game mode. This is a pretty big news, we wanted this for a long time. No one bothered make a thread about it yet or i missed it.

#8 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

Commandos pulling 1k damage with srm2s on machine gun fire. People are going to flip.

#9 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:31 AM

Anyone have a summary for those of us who don't have the RL time to watch the vid? Much appreciated!

#10 M4LX WMD

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostOni74, on 01 February 2016 - 09:44 AM, said:

Is there a summary of the town hall posted somewhere? Anyone know?

Made this just for you

#11 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

View Postsycocys, on 01 February 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

Commandos pulling 1k damage with srm2s on machine gun fire. People are going to flip.

hehe so true.. But it makes me wonder how is this different than someone running a locust, or firestarter with 8 SPL's? Heck my Death's kneel can pull 800+ in a good match with 4 MPL's.

Id honestly rather get hit with the spread of 3 SRM2's than 4 pulse. 3 SRM2's is my 2D build as well. My best matches in it are around 600 damage, only limited by ammo. my DK my best are around 200-300 higher.

the SRM builds, also are subject to ammo explosions, so there is also that..

But another thing i did not mention was the whole Re-scale thing.. that i can't wait to see! Maybe all those off scale mechs will make a huge come back, getting new players to look at older mechs verse the new ones, just because they are shiney

View PostNightmare1, on 01 February 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Anyone have a summary for those of us who don't have the RL time to watch the vid? Much appreciated!

they really need to add a pod cast, aka internet radio version for these things

Edited by JC Daxion, 01 February 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#12 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

View PostM4LX WMD, on 01 February 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

Made this just for you

Awesome. You get a bag of cookies sir.

#13 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 01 February 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

hehe so true.. But it makes me wonder how is this different than someone running a locust, or firestarter with 8 SPL's? Heck my Death's kneel can pull 800+ in a good match with 4 MPL's.

I run the Snail with 3 MPL and an SL because then it only can overheat on the hottest maps. Love the 2D, but abandoned it since they never upped the engine rating.
My new favorite might be the 3A though, that -30% missile CD.... so ridiculous with 2 srm4s and 4 tons of ammo - who cares if you top out at 800 damage + and arty?

#14 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostGreyhart, on 01 February 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

yes and if they are able to keep to the timetable he had in mind it will look completely different in 6 months time too.

I expect much slippage and then whining about broken promises (even though there were no promises just hopes and aspirations).

The truth is that whether they are called "promises", "hopes", aspirations", "goals" or "targets", PGI is selling it before it's a reality, and many people buy in expecting to get what they were told to expect.

Some words just enable better "linguistic gymnastics" so as to protect the vendor from blame and pass it onto the purchaser for having unrealistic expectations.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users