#21 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

SHC-PRIME

Just keep in mind, this is for new players, you don't want them to be RNGeesus'd to the face because of Artillery.

They also don't know how to Torso Twist, so Sword and Boarding isn't exactly ideal. They also have no heat efficiencies, so maybe the MG builds have something...but since MGs are terrible, I'm ignoring them.

Simple, 2LPL, TC1, 2/12DHS and the Magic Jesus Box.

Edited by Mcgral18, 04 February 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#22 Mr Chaos

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified This build is something you cant run from.Posted Image With 3 Streak SRM 6s your sure to never miss! With the speed you can chase down just about anything and put a hole right through it. And as backup you have 2 Med Pulse to stripe the armor so ur SRMs can core the enemy!Posted Image Hope you like the build!Posted Image

#23 Night Spy

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...19c0c52334f2b56

3 S-SRM 6
2 ER Med Laser
1 Clan ECM

This is the build I have the most fun with and it's good at a variety of support rolls. Great for chasing off light mechs and supporting heavier mechs in a brawl. Absolutely deadly when supporting light mechs.

I prefer the SCH-P legs for the extra turning power as MASC will give you all the acceleration you need, and the two combined will let you keep up with lighter targets in a skirmish.

Since Streak missiles need lock they conserve ammo, thus letting you get more damage out of them and are great for shredding the armor of light mechs or cain fire to shake heavier targets.

ER Medium lasers equipped for their utility, though I prefer small pulse lasers for more focused damage.

Easy to use for newer players, and has enough ammo to last most matches.

Edited by Night Spy, 04 February 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#24 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 07:33 PM

The One True Shadow Cat

- 11x C-DHS
- 3x C-ERML
- 1x C-UAC/10 + 2.5 tons ammo

#25 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 04 February 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

Umm, what? This is for creating a champion mech, not a hero mech Posted Image

Champions are made up of regular omnipods and equipment. No special quirks or anything, just a Champion variant in the store (30% XP bonus) and availability as a Trial mech.

Always been true for IS mechs, but the Timber Wolf Champion has unique hard points. I figured it didn't hurt to ask.Posted Image

#26 LanXang

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

Same Same, but more MGs.

The Nutcracker (Or Booty Blaster, Booty Buster, or Booty Pirate)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0ba2ba719f092b0

1 ER PPC
1 SRM6 + Artemis
1 SRM4 + Artemis
6 Machine Guns
1 Clan Active Probe
1 Targeting Computer Mark I

Brawler build. ER PPC gives you something to do during the hill humping stage at the beginning of each fight (just don't get hit). Just clear your right arm for poking, then MASC backwards into cover. Once the hill humping stage is over, wait for the enemy to get distracted by your team, then use MASC to get into position to crack open rear armor with SRMs and ER PPC. Finish off targets with a combination of constant MG fire, and SRM volleys (and the occasional ER PPC shot). Alphas can be used on 'Mechs when they are in the red, just have to watch out for overheating.

CAP and TC are mostly there for quicker target info, so that you can target damaged areas more quickly. TC also helps slightly with zoom and projectile velocity for the ER PPC in the hill humping stage.

Just started using this build the other day, and it's incredibly fun. I hated MGs on the SHC in the past, but that's because the Gauss and 6xMG on the default build don't compliment each other at all. The ER PPC is at least somewhat usable in a pinch at close range, and works well with the SRMs since there is no charge mechanic as with the Gauss, and no need to hold your crosshair on target as with lasers.

Edit: SHC-P legs might be better for better turning. Haven't really decided which is more useful for brawlers, turn rate, or accel/decel.

View PostDoctor Frijoles, on 04 February 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Here's my favorite potato Tier Build for Shadow Cat
1 ER PPC
2 SRM 6 + Artemis
3 Machine Guns
1 Clan ECM
1 Targeting Computer Mark l

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ad29b9937ae26d0

This Build takes advantage of the MASC, considering the Reverse throttle can quickly get you out of a bad corner and circling enemies with MASC on/off to trick their alpha predictions. effective to Punch the enemies until their armor is exposed and pressure the machine guns until the cool downs are back up.
This does okay for long range engagements (ER PPC, ECM)
Does a very well job chasing pesky lights, especially with speed tweak and counter ECM

However, the drawback is the left Arm, Left Torso, and Both Leg has weaker armor to support the extra couple tons of SRMS and Machine guns
not like you were planning to trade hits with king crabs. Just Strike, vanish, and if the opportunity calls for it, Pounce

Edited by LanXang, 04 February 2016 - 08:42 PM.

#27 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,529 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 February 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

The One True Shadow Cat

- 11x C-DHS
- 3x C-ERML

I'd say this, but it isn't noob friendly, so Ima go with Mcgral's because he didn't strip too much head armor for new players and uses both arms because asym is not noob friendly either.

Though Mcgral, may want to fix your CT back armor, mine loaded with 18 which is a bit much.

#28 Matthewfarenheit

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

Shadowcats (expecially B and PRIME) have been my main mechs since I mastered my first mech, the RVN, and the main reason I decided to prioritize mastering clan mechs over IS mechs.

That said, I think this build fits the Shadowcat's strenghts and my playstyle pretty well:

The Outranger

Clan laser builds are, first and foremost, about outranging. This will be especially true after the February debuffing of energy range quirks for IS mechs, that will remove those pesky RVN-4X and Cicadas X-5 outta the picture.Thus the build puts C-ERLL above C-LPL. Take into account that all shadowcat builds with 2 x C-LPL run hot far too fast, extending time to kill to impractical lengths. Also, both arms have quirks that affect ER lasers, not PLs. Thus it makes sense to make use of what little quirks we got as much as possible.

Maximizing DHS usage allows for far longer sustained fire while using the Shadowcat's main advantage: range. As the enemy closes in, on targets of opportunity or unto unexpected encounters, you can use the medium laser to increase your pinpoint DPS to the extreme. Lasers, the Shadowcat in general, and this build in particular excel at pinpointing weak or weakened components, racking up those component kills and an efficient takedown of enemies.

All energy hardpoints on the Shadowcat have an ideal high placement. Placing both C-ERLL on the right side of the mech allows for long range peeking and keeping hidden as much as possible. Remember that Shadowcats excels at outmaneuvering, always securing the most advantageous high ground with the combination of decent speed, MASC, JJs, ECM and elevated energy hardpoints, especially in maps such as Alpine, Canyon or mounted on the walls of HPG Manifold.

It's also important to say that, for a medium mech, the Shadowcat barely triumphs a light's armor. Range is your friend and you should keep it dear. If you're in a range that allows for punishing return fire, you're better off retreating and setting on a new position, than trying to outgun and outtank by peek and shoot. Peeking at medium to short range, especially on builds centered on the 2 Energy hardpoints on the right side, is a sure way to get focus fire on that weak side torso and lose most on your firepower, plus you immediately lose the retreating option as you get a penalty on speed because part of your engine is lost too.

#29 Rem Norton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,075 posts
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

SHC-PRIME

#30 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

Sneaky brawli:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...500d8e52eb158e1

#31 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...39052a2780f4f72

Versatile close range skirmisher. I run SPL myself, but ER ML are probably a better option for new players. On that note I think this is easier and more rewarding to use for a new player than 2 LPL as they're not going to have the positioning sense to get the needed mileage out of those builds.

#32 Ninjamoose

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts
  • LocationProbably in front of my computer.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:26 AM

View PostKreuger, on 04 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Breaking the "it cannot brawl' mold with 3 srm6 and 2 erml.

It's too squishy, on top of the hitboxes being terrible for anything under 300m. It can run brawling builds, but not well. It excels in situations where it can use its MASC to pop in and out of cover at long range to really abuse the amazing frontal profile, IE the dual largepulse build.

#33 Nomad Radick

• Pip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOn the warpath to Terra.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

With this build I get 800-900 dmg if I kite the main force and spot for them from afar.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa7163e0850730a

#34 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:30 AM

PPC only. For brave only :)

#35 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:02 AM

Jump, shoot, reload jump.

#36 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:18 AM

UAC/10 + 2 cERML + ECM
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c33cfe85f274944

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 February 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

The One True Shadow Cat

- 11x C-DHS
- 3x C-ERML

While I personally think this is the best SHC build in the game right now, I think noobs would appreciate it if the trial mech had ECM instead. Going with all 3 meds is hot hot hot for new players.

Edited by Tarogato, 05 February 2016 - 03:20 AM.

#37 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:33 AM

Ppl, pls, the hero build should not be ordinary and boring :)
Vote for my double-PPC config :)

#38 rox5tar

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOut of Bounds

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:41 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c72a5f3ec1f427d

My main Shadow Cat build, using the SHC-P Variant. Enjoy everyone, and may the LBX-2's be with you!

#39 JaggedJ

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:51 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...093939e6acda0ee
Enough said

#40 Free Rasalhague

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

Shadow Ca SHC-PRIME
2 C-ERPPCs, 6 Machine Guns, 1 Targeting Comp. MK.1 1 MG ammo, 1/2 Mg ammo
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...08d79b4fb2759c6
This Shadow Cat is the one i use to snipe. (I have moduoles) but its fair enough to the new guys to have the 6 MGs for great retaliation on a mech with good maneuverability

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users