Which Enforcer Next?

5 replies to this topic

#1 StormLightning

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

Hi.

So I've been playing for a few weeks, bit more than two months on and off. Bought some mechs with C-Bills and a few from Steam with cash (ugh).

I now have 2 Enforcers - ENF-4R and ENF-4P. With the current sale, I want to buy one more with c-bills.

Which is the good third variant that will help me master the mech chassis, and not be a complete waste of c-bills? Any assistance on variant model and suggested load-out appreciated.

Thanks in advance Posted Image

Edited by StormLightning, 05 February 2016 - 06:24 AM.

#2 Papapeshu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGosport, Hampshire. UK

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:33 AM

My 5P is my new goto mech!
2xUAC/5 (approx 180rds) & 1xMlas.

I'm an old Jager pilot though and I love my dakka!

#3 Destro1000

• PipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSpace... The Final Frontier

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

I own the 4R, 5D and 5P, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them it's a great chassis. I will have to edit this post later once I can get home and check my loadouts.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

I'd go 5D. The 5P requires an amount of face time it doesn't handle well. And with only one energy hardpoint, it has very limited build options.

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:31 AM

You have the two best variants already, so which you round out the trio with comes down to what you want to do with it.

If you love dakka, and I mean really love dakka, then go 5P... otherwise, don't. The 5P is a one-trick pony; 2xUAC5 is really the only build it can do that's really good... and the only reason it's better for that build than the 4P (which has enough space in its ballistic arm to fit 2xUAC5, plus better hardpoints for supporting weapons) is because of the quirks PGI gave it. Literally everything else you can mount on the 5P can be done better by one or all of the other Enforcers.

The 5D is like a not-quite-as-good 4R. You can still do quite a bit with it- 3xLL or 3xLPL, which are both powerful builds right now, or AC10/LB-10X + lasers, or 2xAC5 + lasers, and so on. Lots more build variety than the 5P has. It has a higher engine cap than the 4R, which you can really only take advantage of with a laser build. Not a bad 'Mech by any means- all of the Enforcers are good- but just not as strong as the 4P and 4R.

#6 StormLightning

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

I'm considering a 5D with a 2XAC/2 & 2XERLL build.
Everything seems to fit well with an XL engine.

Thanks for your inputs and guidance :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users