• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:50 PM

Do you mean CB?

This is part of the problem when it comes to saturating game with redundant mechs. What is there to do with CB and GXP/Mech XP once you don't have anything to spend it on. Sure would be nice to have something else to do with it.

I bet more mechs will be made that is for sure. Gotta milk every last one for real cash.

#22 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

View PostPaigan, on 05 February 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

Wow, that image is ugly, even for a Bushwacker.

BLASPHEMY! The old school art work has always been my favorite. Such a cool late 80's early 90 feel. I like the in game mechs of today better however.

#23 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,705 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

Dammit gimme these!.
Posted Image

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PostDjPush, on 05 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Sad to say it but.... All the mechs I ever wanted to be in this game are here or on the way. What now? What will I spend my money on? The Kodiak is the last of the icons I wanted. The only mech that still remains is the Stone Rhino and one other. Can't remember its name. A medium mech that looked like an EBJ with a giant missile pod on its back over the cockpit...

Any way. There are only so many mechs so what is left to create in this game for me to sink money into?

Thoughts?

and you hit the nail on the head with the problem in crumbling to the mouthbreathers demands for mechs. Everyone wants the Icon and wants them now... and then, once that happens.... then what?

Which is why the remaining "icons", like oh, the MadCat mkII, Uziel, etc need to be spaced out and released slowly with lots of less iconic mechs in between (because hey, who knows which previously obscure design becomes the NEW Icon?).

But certain children can't wait, or see the big picture.

#25 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

I have wondered how PGI will manage to sustain their "new model" of keeping themselves afloat via Mech pack sales.

I have always been of the opinion that you should try to sell stuff like MC and Premium Time as much as possible since those purchases are not dependent on someone liking the newest Mech or not. It's nice to see the bundles of stuff you can get with the early adopter preorder system, as it's the best offering we've been offered so far... But taking away the early adopter awards render the packs much less valuable and certainly not worth the money.

I think offering more substantial benefits for Premium Time would get more people to be paying players. Right now all it does is add a small payout boost per mission and allow some advanced private lobby features.

It should, in my opinion, offer a greater boost to C-Bills and XP and also make XP conversions cheaper (more XP->GXP per MC). You can also make it so you have earlier access to Mechs (your preorder package gets delivered sooner if you are premium), and grant the ability to Teabag your opponents... That last idea is just a suggestion, nothing more.

#26 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:24 PM

still waiting!!! Posted Image

#27 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

They should really make custom geometry. Heads, shoulder guards, hands, arm shields, all kinds of attachements like rails, etc., hell, even custom feet would probably sell. And decals. If they offer globally unlockable decals for a reasonable price, I'll buy some.

#28 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

View Postzagibu, on 05 February 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

They should really make custom geometry. Heads, shoulder guards, hands, arm shields, all kinds of attachements like rails, etc., hell, even custom feet would probably sell. And decals. If they offer globally unlockable decals for a reasonable price, I'll buy some.

This idea has been floated before, and it is a very good one. They need to find ways to encourage people to spend money to buy mechs even when they are no longer shiny and new, AND buy things other than mechs - new ways to trick out your mech are good ideas.

I do like the idea of vehicles, vast maps and more sustained warfare, and other things to add immersion, too.

#29 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostDjPush, on 05 February 2016 - 12:55 PM, said:

Sad to say it but.... All the mechs I ever wanted to be in this game are here or on the way. What now? What will I spend my money on? The Kodiak is the last of the icons I wanted. The only mech that still remains is the Stone Rhino and one other. Can't remember its name. A medium mech that looked like an EBJ with a giant missile pod on its back over the cockpit...

Any way. There are only so many mechs so what is left to create in this game for me to sink money into?

Thoughts?

Right there with you, man. I have no interest in Clan mechs, and there's only about 2-3 left that I have any interest in: Hatchetman, Assassin, and maybe an Axman. And that's it.

With the unseen surprisingly coming out, there's really not much left on my wishlist. I probably won't be buying any more packs not because I'm upset with PGI, but just because I'm out of things I want to buy.

#30 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 February 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

and you hit the nail on the head with the problem in crumbling to the mouthbreathers demands for mechs. Everyone wants the Icon and wants them now... and then, once that happens.... then what?

I would be more worried about the fact that we have to ask ourselves that question. As much as I want MWO to keep breathing, PGI needs to get its **** together rather than perpetually masking its incompetence with mech packs.

#32 Corwin Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 631 posts
  • LocationChateau, Clan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

Elementals and vehicles would be nice. Hovercraft and LAMs. Melee damage. Player controlled Arty like the Naga or vehicle arty.

Living Legends did it years ago. I think it could be done again.

More players on the field. More meaningful game modes.

Lots of things to be done still.

#33 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

An issue i've found is no matter what mech i pilot these days, despite the cockpit looking different it just feels like playing a reskinned version of the 100+ other mechs in the game right now. My reason being the weapons, we've been using the same ones for the last 3 years when there's a wealth of other weaponry they could implement.

#34 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

What will you spend your money on, why

SOUND MODS

of course!

#35 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 February 2016 - 03:16 PM, said:

Which is why the remaining "icons", like oh, the MadCat mkII, Uziel, etc need to be spaced out and released slowly with lots of less iconic mechs in between (because hey, who knows which previously obscure design becomes the NEW Icon?).

But certain children can't wait, or see the big picture.

Yeah.... i agree.

I wonder who (or what mech) started this ****** trend. Posted Image

oh wait...

Of all the people here, i think you should be last one complaining about this. Yet i agree with what you say.

Edited by Navid A1, 05 February 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#36 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

These threads about loadouts becoming duplicates of other mechs and filling the same roles and/or being satisfied with the hundreds of mechs available....it can't be?! A certain someone said that there are hundreds of mechs left of Sarna that we will want to play.

And yet these threads about redundancy and running out of mechs people want keep showing up. How could that be?

Luckily PGI hasn't based their entire sales model on mechs.

Wait.

Income= units sold * sales price.....and the pack price went up and just adds more cut and paste. Why would PGI raise the price of the latest pack? Such a mystery.

#37 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

I agree that there are only so many mechs that PGI can implement. Theoretically, once every weight class for each type of mech, (IS battle, omni; Clan battle, omni), then what is left is specific mech characteristics like whether there are jump jets or not. So it becomes a diminishing return ( though still quite a bit more mileage as IS omnis are no where in the pipeline)

New weapons wont help as those are "free"

When we reach this state, its actually a good thing as then the focus will truly be gameplay and the value of premium time will shoot up. And hence it becomes a subscription based game if u want to say pkay Solaris.

if not for recent mechs being unseen, they are not particular unique.

We already rarely see certain mechs such as Fenris.

what I would pay for is a weapon-focused 75 ton omni ( night gyr) ; speed focused 60 ton ( exeutioner ) missile focused 30 ton (javelin) and I would have reached my personal stable of mechs. Hence if they continued with inidividual mech sales rather than mech packs, that would be most ideal.

#38 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

Why are tanks and Helicopters still being ignored? It could be an easier game mode. Defend the Mobile HQ with Bulldogs and a lance of lights mechs. PGI has the chance to put the Battletech back into mechwarrior with the insertion of tanks and helicopters. Hell a 4 Mech 8 Vehicle versus 4 Mech 8 Vehicle game mode would be great and because most tanks and helicopters don't always have variants the buy 3 to level skill tree would easy the grind.

There's actually, a lot of potential, but the Mechwarrior Audience wants mechs for days, which I can understand.

They could even sell bitching betty dialogues and custom cockpit screen displays.

p.s. : Draconis Combine Saladin Hovercraft \m/
werd Fafnir and Stone Rhino should be the last mechs in the game. Talk about the Insta-gib factor.

Edited by Timuroslav, 05 February 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#39 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostMoldur, on 05 February 2016 - 04:18 PM, said:

I would be more worried about the fact that we have to ask ourselves that question. As much as I want MWO to keep breathing, PGI needs to get its **** together rather than perpetually masking its incompetence with mech packs.

Totally agree. I think the mechs are awesome and theres some I still want. But that they relied entirely on mech sales up till now is amazing they have done so well. I thought maybe expansions sales and other interesting stuff would be in game by now.

View PostTimuroslav, on 05 February 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Why are tanks and Helicopters still being ignored? It could be an easier game mode. Defend the Mobile HQ with Bulldogs and a lance of lights mechs. PGI has the chance to put the Battletech back into mechwarrior with the insertion of tanks and helicopters. Hell a 4 Mech 8 Vehicle versus 4 Mech 8 Vehicle game mode would be great and because most tanks and helicopters don't always have variants the buy 3 to level skill tree would easy the grind.

There's actually, a lot of potential, but the Mechwarrior Audience wants mechs for days, which I can understand.

They could even sell bitching betty dialogues and custom cockpit screen displays.

p.s. : Draconis Combine Saladin Hovercraft \m/

This is exactly how "For Honour" is going about it. They have 4 v 4 with npcs. MechWarrior is way better but that game is at least using npc's in the modes which would be a big plus for MechWarrior Online to use.

#40 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

I believe the July patch will give the mechs the ability to wield lightsabers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users