Jomsvikings Are Forming!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

Well, actually we formed as a small group of friends a while ago, but we've decided to become a really for real unit.

First, for those not familiar with Jomsvikings: https://en.wikipedia...iki/Jomsvikings

As for us, we have a few rules:

1. You must be snarky.

If you take this game extremely seriously and get extremely upset and extremely fly off the handle when things go extremely badly, we're extremely not for you. Extremely.

2. Seriously, you can't be too serious.

I really can't stress this enough. It's a game about giant fighting robots. How anyone takes this as serious life and death is beyond me, but then you listen to VOIP...

3. You must be willing to work as a team.

Teamwork is OP. It's by far the most OP thing in the game. The whole reason I'm posting this is to get more people to fight with as a group that works together (and mocks each other...cuz rule #1) which means if you like doing your own thing, we're prolly not for you. At the same time, as you might have noticed, I'm not exactly the most hardcore, my way or the highway kinda leader. In fact, I'm the opposite of that. So while I want teamwork, I don't want robots (well, actually I do want robots, but I don't want the pilots of the robots to also be robots).

4. You absolutely cannot be disrespectful of other pilots in the in-game VOIP. Be snarky and mocking on our teamspeak (yes, we haz dat), but over open channel treat your fellow pilots with respect even if they just cored you in the back.

5. We are happy to take in newbies, noobs, lurm boats, and other things that the pros don't want.

I'm pretty anti-elitist, and more interesting in having fun than winning every match. I'm also the most zen, patient, and snarky unit leader you're going to meet. So if you're just learning the game, can't quite shoot while moving yet, can't identify every enemy mech just from its silhouette, don't worry about it. We'll teach ya and provide plenty of snarky feedback while you learn.

As for the lurmboat thing, just for giggles, I built a lrm boat warhammer for the challenge and took it to #13 on the leaderboard. Yes, it's tricksy to run lrms vs elite pilots or through piles of clan ecm, but it's not impossible. And even if you're doing nothing but forcing those leetzor pilots to hug walls as they dodge incoming missile warnings, you're helping.

So if you're interested, send me a message in-game and I'll get ya an invite on a provisional basis. This is a chance for us to get to know you, and perhaps more importantly, you to get to know us. I'm on almost every night (and quite a few days) so shouldn't have any trouble finding me.

One final thing, when the Kodiak comes out in May, we'll be jumping to Clan Ghost Bear for at least a while. In fact, we'll prolly bounce back and forth between Rassyhags and Ursaspook until the day when the two merge to make the Rassyhag Dominion.

#2 Kimimura

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

May be interested in joining up, I'm a big fan of some of the lore, and I like both factions you have declared for. You guys have a ts server, or whatever? Also, any proving grounds/ initiation/ Trial of Entrance?

#3 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

I think Joms is actually a dead unit now...

#4 Kimimura

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:01 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 25 April 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think Joms is actually a dead unit now...

Oh, damn. Ah well, the quest for a good unit continues!

#5 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

Will there be pie?

#6 Snow Adder

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

Ok wait, don't be too serious and yet the "lore" you posted says they were serious and very selective, "the Jomsvikings required adherence to a strict code of conduct in order to instill a sense of military discipline among its members". It saddens me to think you took the name but won't/can't live up to it.....

#7 Rojo007

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

[color=#959595]I'm rojo007 i'm interested in joining I use light mechs and long range mechs but have 7 fully custimized heavy and assult as well looking for a unit hit me up if your interested I just like to blow things up and follow orders well[/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users