24 replies to this topic

#21 the punk who stole your thunder

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:08 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 09 February 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

3xLPL+AC20 is probably too much, but 2xLPL+ML+AC20 is probably the sweet spot.

Yes - the 3LPL-build runs very hot, but i just cant make a compromise between LPL-zombiing oder LPL-poking - so i do both and often melt like ice in the sunshine ... Posted Image

View PostTroutmonkey, on 09 February 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

Mixing ERLL and AC20s doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I guess the idea is to use just the MLs up close

I used that build in my beginning of MWO when i was building mechs that could contribute at different ranges. I used the ERLL for the poking.game, and the AC20+ML for the brawling .... and i used all when i alpha-panicked just before shutting down Posted Image

But i don't use that build anymore because it cuts down the overall usefullness of that mech - i learned that it is much more efficient to use builts that focus just on one combat range .... sad, but true Posted Image

#22 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

Played a bit more with it, and found it doesn't do it's job like it use to. :(

The new mechs just out class it in my opinion.

#23 Glaucon

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:08 AM

For some reason in the last few days I am constantly dropped into rotflol stomps with it, I get a feeling its cursed or something...

#24 KingRock

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:48 AM

I like mine with 3 ERLL and a gauss rifle, they sync range really well and give you a solid pinpoint poke, great for slicing out XL'S and busting lights that are running around like Hoons. Also very good at cw defence on maps like boreal and hellbore

#25 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

Misery suffers from the same issue as the Atlas. It is easily recognizable and it inspires fear. But people aren't stupid. So when they see it, EVERYONE in range targets that ballistic mount. Suddenly that fearsome mech aint so fearsome anymore. Given that the Misery lacks the Atlas' structure buff, I find the Atlas to be the better performer (assuming I have the extra 15 tons to let me take it) since the last buff pass.

That said, in CW the Misery (I run the 3LPL + AC10) is still a great mech on first wave push. Every once in a while I try to get everyone to go old school and run an all Stalker wave. 8-12 4N and Misery builds stomping in is pretty sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users