All These Threads About Cone Of Fire And Convergence...

102 replies to this topic

#101 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 09 February 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

you really don't get out much, do you?

but DOOD! MAH SKILLZ!!!!!!

Everyone knows real skill is clicking on teh pixel that is totally unaffectorated by anything going on around it... like movement, being hit by a mssive gauss projectile.... overheating.......

I mean those real soldiers and snipers who have to hit live enemy targets while trying not to get shot back have absolutely NO SKILLZ compared to the guys in spandex in an air conditioned building using super minmaxed specialty weapons that are only good for punching holes in paper in controlled environments.

Epeen FTW!!!!!

......WHAT?

#102 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:32 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 10 February 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

actually Olympic style shooting whether with air guns or typical real guns. It's specialized race guns, to specialty target rifles, in totally controlled conditions to punch tiny groups on paper. Yes it's a skill, but nothing like what real shooters and operators have to develop and demonstrate to survive. Benchrest shooting, essentially in robots, is what we have.

Real skill comes from learning how to deal with adverse conditions, when NOT to take a shot, and how to make the shot when you have to, in spite of things not being perfect. Essentially the OPPOSITE of what we have in MWO. Virtually every other FPS and Vehicle SIm manages to do it, but MWO player insist on pinpoint perfect, undisturbed aim.

I can't put enough likes on this post.

I find it hilarious that most people don't even realize how, with shooting jacket, weighted handguards, custom-sized flat base magazine, and national match parts on the AR-15, that 200 yard off-hand string for service rifle competition is still a heck of a time. Only punched a few in the X-ring ever on that string of fire. The results, coincidentally are well modeled with a normal distribution, and I would use excel to calculate my standard deviation on various strings to see whether I'm improving or regressing. So, even with the idealized, simplified marksmanship exercises, there's still a lot of variation in the mix.

On a two way range, well...I just hope I'm never on a real one of those...

Edited by Dino Might, 10 February 2017 - 06:35 PM.

#103 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Topics coming back to life?
Posted Image

This Topic is being Locked as to it being Necro'ed,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users