Anyone here a Trekkie

41 replies to this topic

#1 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

Anyone here Watch Star Trek. I am a big Star Trek Nerd. I pre ordered Star Trek TNG Season 1 on Blu ray.

#2 Linde

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNowosibirsk

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:41 AM

I have seen everey episode of every series and all the movies. Waiting for the new one.

#3 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

I wouldn't call myself a trekkie, but I did use to watch the TNG when I was really young. And have recently finished watching the entire series again, and have moved on to Voyager. Going to watch the movies after I've seen all the series. Not really a trekkie, but a fan of Scifi.

Edited by Alan Grant, 13 July 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#4 DeclanH

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Australia

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

I like Wil Wheaton. Rykers beard was also awesome. 7/9! I also liked the quantum leap guy as captain whoever, but never really watched that series.

#5 EmptySkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:49 AM

I don't go to conventions and dress up. But I love the series. TNG was my favorite. TNG, Voyage, Enterprise, are all on Netflix. So I have watched them all a couple of times.

#6 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostLinde, on 13 July 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I have seen everey episode of every series and all the movies. Waiting for the new one.

I like most of the Movies execpt Star Trek Generations I hate that movie with a passion.

Id say my top Movies would be Wrath of Kahn,Undiscovered Country and Voyage Home.

Final Frontier is really under rated.

#7 Striker1980

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, no where, somewhere, generally the utility room in my house in the UK.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

good call on film preference Capt Bishop

#8 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Heck, YES!!!! :P And Proud of it. own all series but TNG and all movies on DVD or Blue Ray. favorites?
series, DS9, original, Voyager, Enterprise, TNG
movies..(tougher)..2: Wrath of Khan., First Contact, Voyage Home, then it's all a blur.
I'm even a Lifetime Member of Star Trek Online. :lol: which is now also F2P. but as a paid member I get a few more perks or incentives than others.

did you notice what's in my Name???

Edited by DaUgh1701, 13 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

#9 Pacoua

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

My wife is the Trekkie nerd. We don't go to conventions and that is the only limitation we have to be complete. We have all the movies collector editions and seen every episode of every series on Star Trek. I bought her a TNG uniform that I gave her on our wedding day. Science officer color. I was bigger into Star Wars but I like the stories or Star Trek better now....My wife didn't care much for SW until we got married, then she watch all the movies while I was at work and was able to beat me at trivia on Star Wars....I married a nerd goddess. lol

Edited by Pacoua, 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM.

#10 Lily of Thrace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationUtopia, Terra

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm not a Trekkie, but I certainly enjoy watching the odd episode of Star Trek from time to time, and the odd movie.
Plus, I've played a handful of the games, like StarFleet Command, Armada, Elite Force (Or something like that, a PS2 FPS), Legacy, and maybe one or two others I can't remember.
Just a shame that my Armada disk is scratched, I had so much fun setting up meat-grinders on that game.
I want to play it again...

#11 Seth Deathstalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

I grew up with the original series. Watched every episode.
And later TNG. Saw all of those, loved it. Quality was better than a lot of full sized movies during that time.
DS9, I saw most of it.
Not so Voyager. I just don't like captain Janeway much. 7 of 9 is hot, though :lol:
And Enterprise was quite ok.
I watched all the movies. Several times over the years.
Hmm, yes, I am a trekkie :P But I don't go to cons.
Besides that, I am fully into sci fi and fantasy in general. Watched and read A LOT more.

#12 Seth Deathstalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostPacoua, on 13 July 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

My wife is the Trekkie nerd. We don't go to conventions and that is the only limitation we have to be complete. We have all the movies collector editions and seen every episode of every series on Star Trek. I bought her a TNG uniform that I gave her on our wedding day. Science officer color. I was bigger into Star Wars but I like the stories or Star Trek better now....My wife didn't care much for SW until we got married, then she watch all the movies while I was at work and was able to beat me at trivia on Star Wars....I married a nerd goddess. lol

That is hardcore, man. So, your wife looks like this:
Posted Image

(Still have to find the woman who beats me in Star Wars or Star Trek....)

Edited by Seth Deathstalker, 13 July 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#13 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

I hate to admit it, but I have seen every episode of every Star Trek with the exception of DS9 (I'm working on those now), but I don't consider myself a Trekkie. I'm just a Sci-Fi nut.

#14 Talenvar

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMy Bathroom

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

+1 for Trekkers worldwide

I have all the movies and have watched them all at least 10 times.

I just need to replace them all now with all the remastered versions :lol:

Not enough hours in the day .... work and RL gets in the way of all the other important things, like watching Trek or playing MW ...

#15 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

Well, I can probably tell you more about any given Trek ship than a professional mechanic could tell you about any given car, and I brought my TNG movie-era mess white uniform along with me while visiting Catamount this week. We're still making plans for going out somewhere nice-ish so that I can wear it. :lol:

#16 Nuesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFreudenberg

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Godd stuff but definite the wrong Universe for me.

#17 Seth Deathstalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 13 July 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Well, I can probably tell you more about any given Trek ship than a professional mechanic could tell you about any given car, and I brought my TNG movie-era mess white uniform along with me while visiting Catamount this week. We're still making plans for going out somewhere nice-ish so that I can wear it. :P

Not bad. Do take pictures :lol:
Can I book a lecture about applied science with you? Could get really interesting, I think.
(Hmm, would have to be online because of the geographical situation...)

#18 Strongbeau

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAlways traveling

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I'm fond of Star Trek and take its side over Star Wars. I've seen most of the Trek stuff except Enterprise and Voyager and have played the MMO and currently reading the DTI book with the first Titan book after that but I don't think of myself as a Trekkie. Maybe a Fremen (right name for a DUNE geek?) or a Browncoat, or B-Fiver. DUNE is definitely my Sci Fi of choice.

#19 Brock Rockhard

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationTraining Yard, Hofn

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm a big Trekkie here. Grew up watching Star Trek:TOS with my Dad, and I think that is what got me hooked most of all. As I grew up TNG was my Trek show, followed with DS9. I never watched Voyager, though I have been catching up w/ Netflix. Also, I was surprised and actually enjoyed Enterprise and I was kinda sad how that show just "ended". T'Pol was super mega hot! =D

As far as the movies go imho, I think the Reboot has dethroned Wrath of Khan for the number 1 spot. When I first saw that in the theater I went into complete nerdgasm mode. =D The reboot actually made Star Trek "cool". Although, all the movies have a special place in my heart (c'mon, it's Star Trek).

Video games :lol: Ugh... what can I say. There are been so many BAD games. Such a shame. The ones I did enjoy were still not that great (but, c'mon it's Star Trek)

#20 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

No time or money to be leaving home to visit conventions, but I think I pretty well qualify as a Trekkie. I have all the movies (series are unnecessary with Netflix having them, and two of them being free from CBS anyways), a number of the computer games from over the years (Armada II, SFCIII, BOTF, etc), a handful of novels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users