Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

I am, but I won't admit to it. :D

#22 capt bishop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationInside a bunker at a undisclosed location

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostBrock Rockhard, on 13 July 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

I'm a big Trekkie here. Grew up watching Star Trek:TOS with my Dad, and I think that is what got me hooked most of all. As I grew up TNG was my Trek show, followed with DS9. I never watched Voyager, though I have been catching up w/ Netflix. Also, I was surprised and actually enjoyed Enterprise and I was kinda sad how that show just "ended". T'Pol was super mega hot! =D

As far as the movies go imho, I think the Reboot has dethroned Wrath of Khan for the number 1 spot. When I first saw that in the theater I went into complete nerdgasm mode. =D The reboot actually made Star Trek "cool". Although, all the movies have a special place in my heart (c'mon, it's Star Trek).

Video games :D Ugh... what can I say. There are been so many BAD games. Such a shame. The ones I did enjoy were still not that great (but, c'mon it's Star Trek)

There were alot of good ones though. Star Trek Bridge Commander that was a good one. I enjoyed Star Trek Legacy. I did like TNG game on the Sega Genesis

#23 DEHK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 150 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

i'm not hardcore like some folks but there is a very special place in my heart for ST.

The only shows I have not seen all the way through are DS9 and Voyager(working on that one presently, thanks netflix). The origional series reruns when i was a kid are what introduced me to sci-fi, and i fault all nerdery that occurred afterward on it and Return of the (cough, what?). Scott Bakula's series is easily my second favorite series, above even TNG.

I know it's lame but my favorite movie is ST Save the Whales but not because of the whales, It's the uniforms, the Bird of Prey, and the 80's. Kahn comes a close second.

I am quite pleased with the reboot.

#24 Sirous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 368 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Will probably never go to conventions, not that hardcore into it. But I do own all of the seasons of TNG, Deep Space 9, Voyager (minus season 2 :P ). The first two Seasons of Enterprise.

Plus multiple copies of the individual movies. I do appreciate the new movie that came out and the direction it appears to be heading.

I have played and still have two games loaded Birth of the Federation and Star Fleet Command III. Nothing like being able to pilot a Borg ship sometimes. Owned Armada but not into RTS games that much.

#25 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

eh... screw ordering any of them they are way overpriced, i just torrented all the series

#26 Madddog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Loved TNG as a kid, seen all of that, voyager, ENT, all the movies. Didn't really care for the new one, kinda dumbed down for the masses(pew pew lasers! blow things up!!!!, none of the plot or moral debate that marks good star trek). Never watched much DS9 but working on it now and its quickley becoming one of my favorites. TOS just didn't age very well though. Just started playing star trek online.

#27 Sidra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I watched most of the original Trek, and pratically EVERY TNG episode ever, also most of the voyager series. I love my Trek >.>

#28 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

I grew up with the final frontire. So yeah, I like that. If there's something here we can all agree on, it's Star Trek. I'm surprised they don't have robots like what we have.

#29 Nikguy

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 38 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

love the shows and movies!

#30 Holywind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

I love the shows and movies but I wouldn't consider myself a Trekkie.

#31 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

not much of a trekkie myself, but some few years ago I did a major modding project to star trek armada 2. Adding over 400 new much higher quality ships, better maps and backgrounds, better music, many new weapons, REAL-LIFE PHYSICS, alternate realities, and revamping the campaign. Anyhow, I used an already existant video and formatted it and modded it into my mod as part of the intro movies, here it is:

and a few screenshots from my project:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Stingray1234, 23 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#32 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

#33 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Star Wars, FTW!

Posted Image

(yes, I know... it's Battlestar Galactica, not Star Track B))

#34 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 23 December 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

(yes, I know... it's Battlestar Galactica, not Star Track :()

But those are.... the Serenity characters..... :D

#35 Steven Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 621 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm a star trek fan, although I've never been to a convention and probably wouldn't really consider myself a 'trekkie' (depending on your definition), just a sci fi fan (although star trek might be my favorite). I have seen all of the tv episodes and movies and I've played most of the video games. I still play STO occasionally, it has several problems but is still quite fun. I grew up with TNG and I really like the hopeful future that Start Trek portrayed, although now as an adult I tend to find DS9's darker atmosphere to be the most interesting.

#36 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 23 December 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

But those are.... the Serenity characters..... :unsure:

Nuh uh.. they're from Farscape! :ph34r:

#37 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 24 December 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

Nuh uh.. they're from Farscape! :ph34r:

You sure they aren't from Last Starfighter? :unsure:

#38 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

You sure they aren't from Last Starfighter? :P

I'm positive it was Babylon 5.

#39 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostAlan Grant, on 13 July 2012 - 02:48 AM, said:

I wouldn't call myself a trekkie, but I did use to watch the TNG when I was really young. And have recently finished watching the entire series again, and have moved on to Voyager. Going to watch the movies after I've seen all the series. Not really a trekkie, but a fan of Scifi.

Not a huge trekkie or anything, but skip the hell out of Voyager. It's {Scrap}.

The lesser known Deep Space 9 is infinitely superior, and a great followup to TNG. It's on Netflix; it really gets into high gear a few seasons in but if you stick with it, it's way better. In particular if you are more of a BattleTech guy: Way more dirty politics and imperfect characters.

In a lot of ways, it's almost the anti-Trek.

[Ed: Even the minor characters get more development than the entire crews on the other shows, too. heh]

Edited by Victor Morson, 27 December 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#40 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

Can I mention firefly in this thread? XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users