#21 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 17 January 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

PB Posted Image

Awesome name. Good to see a fellow Tsutomu Nihei fan.
Living life dangerously I see? Though an AC/2 does sound fun to run in a Locust. I'd bet the screen shake would make it even harder to get a good hit on.

#22 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

All im saying is i put my self on page one of most kills in a light with the bane...

You dont have to listen to me @ all..

the radar derp and the ecm are like gold

#23 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostBurnin2nd, on 17 January 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

All im saying is i put my self on page one of most kills in a light with the bane...

You dont have to listen to me @ all..

the radar derp and the ecm are like gold

...against potatoes.

#24 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostTercieI, on 17 January 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

...against potatoes.

I resemble that remark!

#25 Nerokar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

View Post4lex, on 17 January 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

ecm let you spend more time shooting and less time dodging lrm and fleeing jenners .... skill compensation ?

I'm still talking about 4 ML PB here:
Well, skill compensation is a bit wrong... its more like stealth assist. It lets you chose your fight more easily. And if someone manages to catch you, you get away with ease.

Same things you can make without ECM.
There are some differences making it a bit harder: You have to know or be able to predict, who is aware of your presence. You have to react faster and change your position more often. You have to stay somewhere near your team, so you can cancel the hunt any time. About other things? They stay same.
You still have to stay unseen. You still avoid the lighthunter. You still shoot rear torsos or legs.

And if you want the chaos to reign, ECM can be even counter produrctive. No LURM shot at you should ever hit (even without ECM). So every salvo wasted because of you prevents DMG on your team. Every enemy watching you or the radar for your dorito cant trade at full power or is forced into position that covers his back, but offers less offensive possibilities... Every Jenner hunting you, does not hunt your slow mates, even better, they could make the mistake to hunt you to far to your forces... And if you still want to disappear: Radar Derp Module is your best friend.

This all said: I still use PB. Why? I'm less relient of my mates. I can choose positions freely. I can make mistakes and still survive them. And ML is my weapon of choice for LCT. I like its range and playstyle... 6 MLs on an 1E feel a bit to hot for me.

#26 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:51 AM

To add to the topic of LURMs: I prefer to have ECM, turn it to counter and just when the incoming missile warning is sounding, you switch back to invisible mode. Enemy is busy targetting you, wasting his missiles and you have the easy way out.

I am running my PB more and more recently with all the crap the matchmaker is currently doing, it's nice to be able to have fun even when you get stomped.

#27 Mjoellnir

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

I tested both with my PB. 4* ML and 4*SPL. Damage with SPL seems a bit more steady. Fighting against other lights the small pulses are much better in my opinion cause of their shorter reload time, less heat and duration. Also their dps is higher.
If you don´t want to go infight with other lights then i would prefer ML. Hit and run like a guerilla and staying away from the brawl is also a nice tactic.

If you would like to test a real light beast with CBill 30% then you should try the Arctic Cheetah Hankyu with 6 C-SPL. First i thought PB was a good deal but after playing Hankyu PB is only at second position.

#28 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

I go with 4 MedLas. I need the range.

#29 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostAmsro, on 18 January 2017 - 03:42 AM, said:

I go with 4 MedLas. I need the range.

It's the only build against capable opposition.

#30 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

That's my current loadout (Smurfy forgets that nifty +6 in the legs, due to quirks):
Lochfrass

I think it's pretty conservative, but without ECM I wouldn't really last long ... OTOH it sometimes get's you really reckless, need to work on that.

#31 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 17 January 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

I resemble that remark!

DONT worry... Ive seen thousands of pilots come with the "its only a pug match" attitude and get there ***'s blown away

#32 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:45 PM

the ULF HOTH Cruiser

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8b18725a54d77d2

very situational. best played from behind the reds were you have long sight lines ie HOTH. if played right it can make the reds crazy and cause their line to turn and chase you rather then face your team. very effective against Assault LRM boats standing in the rear. target them, wait for LRM counter fire, core them out. don't stand still! be very careful not to get caught by other fast movers. best played with speed tweak. not a huge killer but can put up some good damage and component numbers from legging LRM boats. very good against reds clustered around ECM. target the ECM mechs. drives them nuts. use cover.

#33 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

I've been toying with being a spotter or scout so I tried to design a mech made for that.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8fef4538bcd5cc

I use the following modules, Sensor Range Boost, Radar Deprivation, Medium Laser Range Boost, Medium Laser Cool down and Advanced UAV.

I can usually run straight through a herd of enemy mechs launch my UAV and not get hit once.

If you lower the armor you can get a 4th medium laser on it too. With the medium laser range boost module you get 324M vs the stock 270M and firing all 4 (or 3) at once packs a good punch.

Edited by LMP, 27 February 2017 - 07:58 AM.

#34 Mr Snuffles

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

The pirates bane with 2 machine guns and 4 smpl is actually pretty good if you single out mechs and go in from behind mid-late game with machine gun range, smpl range and cooldown. (I average at around 800 dmg a game and yes I use ECM running at 163.1). Posted Image

Edited by Mr Snuffles, 09 May 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#35 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:52 AM

Since the SPL Nerf, the SPL+MG combo's not nearly as savage as it used to be :(

#36 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I do not play or have my PB set up for damage. It is more of a spotter, conquest/Cap taker etc. It has 4 SL and 2 MGs.

#37 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Suprised people are still reading this thread :P

Since smpl and the locusts got nerfed, i no longer have my PB or the 1V or the 3M (solaris may make me redonsider)
I still have my 1E, was my best preforming and most fun mech i had for awhile, so i still have faith in it, considering how rabid the PHX 1K is. May need to switch to mls tho.
4ml would still prolly be the best PB build. (Maaaybe erml??)
Having nodes to run ECM is a pain, but i think an lbx2+ stealth could make for some fun shennanigans.

#38 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:24 AM

https://mwomercs.com...h-armor-builds/

#39 Funnymouth

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

I like to run a 4ml PB. Chain fire helps a lot with that builds heat. I use some ops nodes, too. Hit and run is the name of the game - stick and move until you get hot, then hit stealth to break locks and bug out. At 160 Kph it’s pretty easy to disengage, cool off, and get back to hunting.

#40 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:54 AM

PIRATES' BANE
I run 4 ERML and skilled for range.
Why? Have you ever tried to spot a poking ECM Locust 400m out?
On some maps you can even hide simply by standing still and not shoot in plain sight. As long as you maintain range you do not even need stealth armor to remain unspotted.
Running double coolshot and double strike isn't cheap on the c-bills but I consider it more of a fun build anyway. But it can annoy the **** out of an opposing team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users