Pirates Bane

41 replies to this topic

#41 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

I love my pirates bane. I run a 4 ml build with xl180 ecm and tc2 as its almost as good on effective range given the nature of most maps as er meds but has much less heat and better dps. Getting 600+ damage is easy peasy if you keep moving and shooting and late game the bonus crit power of lasers plus the tc bonus is almost as good as mg on open components.

The other fit is an xl190 with 4 smalls 2 mg and a ton of ammo with ecm and stealth and max armour. It's less effective due to having to get into knife fighting range but is so fun to sneak around basically unseen shooting away as the smalls barely raise your temp bar every alpha so you can shoot for far longer than you can actually stick around. A favorite tactic is to speed around the flank then wait till the murderball forms then sneak up and drop a strike right in the middle as I spray left and right causing them all to turn on me oblivious of the strike about to hit them. Glorious. On the other hand if the enemy isn't completely stupid this fit is less effective but its hella fun when you get the right map and team.

#42 Derpington Von Trollington

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMilan, Italy

Posted 15 August 2018 - 11:00 AM

I've started to play again after a long hiatus and I am in love with my Pirate Bane.
I use an XL190 with 4 ml, stealth armor and ecm.

Skills are important, go immediately for the improved ECM nodes, they will turn the PB from "why did I buy this POS" to "I am a sneaky pirate ninja of DOOM"

4ml are a bit hot, but that is good, you don't have the armor for a prolonged fight, so fire a couple salvos and retreat.

Damage is not important, providing good locks, making enemy snipers turn around to face you and distracting brawling enemies can and will turn the game to your team advantage.

You are the sneaky pirate ninja turning the tide from the shadow, unseen until you pounce upon the open backsides of your enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users