How About Them Test Maps?

24 replies to this topic

#21 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:11 AM

In regard to the new map and many of the remade maps, I absolutely hate the fingers that shoot out as spawn points. They do nothing but make you walk farther to the engagement and give trolls a place to hide. If they were connected in the back there might someday be a fight there, but as is they're just a waste of resources.

#22 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

View Postadamts01, on 24 February 2016 - 07:11 AM, said:

In regard to the new map and many of the remade maps, I absolutely hate the fingers that shoot out as spawn points. They do nothing but make you walk farther to the engagement and give trolls a place to hide. If they were connected in the back there might someday be a fight there, but as is they're just a waste of resources.

I agree. I hate these with a passion. Any drafts I make of proposed map changes would deal with this. It's silly to have a spawn point far away for the sake of being far away and not giving the player options other than to move forward out of it.

#23 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

To be honest, I kinda like that they look so artificial. It feels like playing a simulator inside a video game. A game within a game.

#24 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

Recorded a fly-though of the 1v1 Test Map with some ... stuff... done to it:

#25 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:10 PM

A fly-through of the 2v2 Test Map. I've set it in an enclosed canyon area with some industry littered around for cover and added a perimeter for more gameplay options. Also, pink Atlases.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users