34 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

So we know the usual debate among many here. Some are very much against a time jump, some say the timeline is gone or going to be removed or jumped soon, to some who disagree this isn't much about that though. This is about mech packages that could be added post 3055 to about 3065 I would say, the biggest restriction to quote roughly from Russ is that it is more dependent on technology rather then time line. So in a nut shell Mechs that could help the game that wouldn't break the game with needing a new weapon to be added.

General Requirements
- No new weapon systems or advanced technology that would break the game.
- With in 15 years of current time so up to about 3065
- Need 4 other variants that as well fit with in the technology scheme, date is semi important
- Be somewhat useful and/or popular among fan base(I.E. Brings META game or Popular name)

There are several categories I would like to fill for theroy-crafting purposes.

- 4 Package of Inner Sphere Omnimech's (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault)
- 4 Package of Clan Omnimech's (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault)
- 4 Package of Inner Sphere Battlemechs (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault)
- Several Single Clan Battlemech packages (like Kodiak ect.)
- Several Single IS Battlemech packages (.i.e. Unseen mechs)

Possible later though not as advised or easy to fill.
- 4 Package of Clan Battlemechs (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault)
- More Variants existing Mechs that were created with in 3055 to 3065
- More Clan IIC variants

I have a few idea's but what would you guys like to see or think of for just thinking of ideas. The best way I see to get some popular mechs in (i.e. Madcat Mk.II, Bushwacker, Uziel, Templar, ect.) is that there would need to be several packages that would release in very close succession of all at once like the first Clan Wave was to boost an Instant population of Mech's to that category. This could open the door for more variants of existing mechs to be sold as well creating more profit.

So please post what you would like to see with all the factors considered above. Would it be popular for not just you but a decent chunk of the Battletech and Mechwarrior community.

The big goal here is add mechs people would want that would give us what we want and provide PGI with healthy profit off this, while not breaking the game!

Thanks
Ck16

Edited by CK16, 17 February 2016 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

Quads

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

some say the timeline is gone or going to be removed or jumped soon,

The timelines was removed (past tense) years ago. There is no timeline. In order to have a timeline you must have a system of advancement. The timeline is simply a marketing tool to control what tech levels are allowed into the game.

It's not an opinion, it's a factual statement. It's not an endorsement nor is it a complaint, merely a statement of truth.

There is absolutely no sync between the "timeline" for adding new mechs and the "timeline" for the CW section. There's not a single time, date, or other chronological item I can find anywhere on the website to even give a current date.

Russ even stated on twitter that there's no timeline.

If you have a mech you'd like to see implemented, discuss it, but lets' not think that the "timeline" has anything to do with that other than what I listed above and forget about using it as an excuse to prevent the implementation of certain mechs :D

#4 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

My dream clan omnimech pack
  • Light: Fire Moth
  • Medium: Viper or Pouncer
  • Heavy: Nova Cat
  • Assault: Blood Asp (need to replace heavy lasers to ERs and we have 4 variants with currently available weapons)

Clan single battlemech:
  • MadCat MKII as a single battlemech

IS battlemech pack:
  • Light: don't care
  • Medium: Bushwhacker
  • Heavy: don't care
  • Assault: ANNIHILATOR

IS Omnimech pack:
  • Light: Owens
  • Medium: Strider
  • Heavy: Avatar
  • Assault: Sunder

Edited by Navid A1, 17 February 2016 - 12:15 PM.

#5 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

The idea about setting up to 3065 is to allow a fluid feel, jumping to tech only 5 to 15 years ahead wouldn't be as shocking as designs from 30 years out. Those can come but there should be a sense of year progression to mech additions with these type of mechs from the future current 3052 limit in game now pretty much. The first future mechs shouldn't be such as the Savage worlf or other designs really far out, even if tech works, not till some in between mechs be added ect.

Edited by CK16, 17 February 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#6 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

The first future mechs shouldn't be such as the Savage worlf or other designs really far out, even if tech works, not till some in between mechs be added ect.

why not?

what difference does it make?
We have no timeline, that's the point. There's absolutely no game play reason not to have whatever. There's not even a consistent timeline for CW, which is supposed to be THE timeline mode.

Just discuss mechs you like, timeline has zero affect on that because there isn't one ;)

#7 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

Because it would make little sense to me? Our current mechs were limited to about 3052. Why would you want to put in designs from 3085 before even some from 3065? Or Not saying can't but climbing a ladder for then about 1 rung at a time makes little sense and isn't smart to skip ahead to much. Building blocks man lol.

Can we get back to mech packages lol instead of arguing lol. Giving 15 years or so shouldn't be hard to find plenty of good "new" mechs.

#8 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:39 PM

Moving forward is great, until you invalidate 80% of the content already in play.

Is there a reason for small lasers to exist if IS tech has ER tech? What about STD engines and non-omni chassis?

I get the feeling that the gameplay will be reduced to which pile of 55 - 75 ton laserboats can be the first to catch the tail of the other pack.

Just seems at some point we're all driving Timberwolves and Arctic Cheetahs - and that isn't exciting.

#9 Glaucon

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

There is a desperate need for new weapons. And no, the weapons will never be balanced/fixed, so no reason to wait for it.

#10 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

Then we would have knee jerk quirking....that never ends well...future tech would throw this game into termoil....The way they hadle IS tech vs Clan would result in IS getting nasty stuff while keeping clans nerfed to hell.

Example? If they added RAC's that I assume for reasons would do full 5 dmg per shot cause reasons, but add Hugh chance to jam? Or if they went with making them burst like can UAC's they still would trump clan UAC's, yet Clan UAC's would still suffer from burst fire and not be unique anymore if they gave IS burst AC's now....granted I wouldn't mind if this made Clan UAC'S act more to lore then (double tapping UAC'S 20's for 40 damage goodness?)

Heavy lasers would....well you see people pissed about current clan ERLL imagine worse to balance then those....

What about Hyper Assault GaussRifles, Light and Heavy Gauss Rifles?

The list goes on and on. I understand why people fear such weapons at this stage of the game.

#11 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

While I do agree that some future tech will mess with the current balance, I'd say that including stuff like Light PPCs, Binary lasers, LBX 2/5/20, UAC 2/10/20, ERMLs and ERSLs for IS, and Heavy lasers or ATMs for clans would be pretty good.

besides... there are still plenty of mechs that use pre-3050 tech currently in game. See my above post.

Edited by Navid A1, 17 February 2016 - 02:40 PM.

#12 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

It was not directed at you, I liked that list of yours, it has God options that appeal to what originally was posted. The discussion is now shifting and trying to keep it on the rails for mechs with current technology that were developed now before 3065, for building block reasons I set the date kinda of thing. I wish more would add feed back here so could make a spread sheet of sorts.

#13 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

Personally, I don't understand why anyone would want another slow 100 ton mech. 32.4 KPH? That's slower than the Dire Wolf and, if you're lucky, you'd get a comparable armament.

Light: Piranha
Medium: Bushwhacker
Heavy: Another one? So soon? Maybe Crusader
Assault: Imp or Charger

#14 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:39 PM

View PostSandpit, on 17 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

why not?

what difference does it make?
We have no timeline, that's the point. There's absolutely no game play reason not to have whatever. There's not even a consistent timeline for CW, which is supposed to be THE timeline mode.

Just discuss mechs you like, timeline has zero affect on that because there isn't one Posted Image

Savage wolf is a trash mech thats why we shouldn't have it. Strictly worse, hotter TBR-D that dies to a torso loss.

View PostNavid A1, on 17 February 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

My dream clan omnimech pack
  • Light: Fire Moth
  • Medium: Viper or Pouncer
  • Heavy: Nova Cat
  • Assault: Blood Asp (need to replace heavy lasers to ERs and we have 4 variants with currently available weapons)
Clan single battlemech:
  • MadCat MKII as a single battlemech
IS battlemech pack:
  • Light: don't care
  • Medium: Bushwhacker
  • Heavy: don't care
  • Assault: ANNIHILATOR
IS Omnimech pack:
  • Light: Owens
  • Medium: Strider
  • Heavy: Avatar
  • Assault: Sunder

Swap the strider out for a blackjack omni or a firestarter omni, or maybe a Men Shen. The Strider is a trash mech.

#15 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:42 PM

Well I want them to finish off the rest of the Tro3025 before i have any enthusiasm about post 3055

So clans don't give a flying hoot as long as there isn't any power creep.

Is

Singer/wasp
Phoenix Hawk
Crusader
Cyclops

Then there is the Charger, the ost series to deal with, I guess the longbow, Javelin, Hermes, Hatchetman, Whitworth Javelin, and a few others.

They said ages ago no Quads, a technical thing more than anything else.

oh nearly forgot, while it doesn't fall into original tro3025 the Flea, most ly because I liked the art work

Edited by Cathy, 17 February 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#16 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostCathy, on 17 February 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Well I want them to finish off the rest of the Tro3025 before i have any enthusiasm about post 3055

At this current rate? How long that would take...I would say sure but get like top 4 or 8 most popular of that bunch, cause we can't wait for them all sadly.

Edited by CK16, 17 February 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#17 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostCK16, on 17 February 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

At this current rate? How long that would take...I would say sure but get like top 4 or 8 most popular of that bunch, cause we can't wait for them all sadly.

Well its more for Battle tech when it comes out in 2017, as they are using, mech assests from this game, and its set in 3025, as I think come its release alot will jump ship, so it seems sensible for P.G.I to squeeze out as much from us as they can before HBS releases it.

Some of the mechs I want,bring nothing to a twitch shooter, but would still buy them because most look good

#18 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:56 PM

I would insta-buy a package with the blood-asp :)

#19 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

Well, we have a timeline in the sense that PGI is still going to restrict some of the technology. We're not going to get things like the Blaser, IS armor types, laser ams, rotary cannons, etc. The reason why I entirely certain is that they end up making existing tech obsolete which doesn't foster a money making endeavor in a f2p environment. Plus, then you'd have to go back through and requirk all of the existing quirks which requires money and man hours, thus taking resources away from a much different design aspect. Personally, and this is just me, I think that we'd be fine getting the following IS tech and then call it a day: Streak 4/6, all of the MRMs, the UAC2, LB-2/10/20, mech mortars, and the Arrow. From there, there really isn't anything special that isn't simply a slightly different form of what we already have. Rotary cannons are just UACs with a third trigger pull, the Light PPC and Snub Nose PPCs are just, well, lighter and shorter ranged PPCs, etc. None of these things add anything to the game.

#20 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

There is also Light and Heavy Gauss and HAG's that could be added though creating a IS vs Clan thing and 2 totally different designs. Thought development of the 1st 2 could unlock the Fafnir to some peoples delight and others dismay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users