#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

Lol. Keep crying big boy. Yup we bullied a grown man and CEO of a company into changing his mind with TWO, yes two tweets asking for clarification, even though fire those of us without an agenda, already perfectly clear in meaning.

But even if somehow we had bullied him into it, guess what? That would mean his official stance is still counter to your bullcrap claims.

And the Kodiak? Following earlier precedent. Took a timeline correct chassis, and added later variants THAT CONTAINED NO ADVANCED TECH, something they ashtray did a version of with several of these omni mechs.

That is a far cry different than adding a totally out of timeline piece of tech or mech chassis.

Few of anyone is asking for 1 to 1 timeline, most of us are just taking a less biased more honest look at what was said, the state of the have itself and the reality of the balancing conundrum. Something, along with basic civility and maturity, you are still proving incapable of.

No one needs to sabotage you. You already are your own what enemy.

#22 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Totally 3053...

Kodiak 3 This variant created by Clan Snow Raven in the mid-3060s turns the Kodiak into an anti-aircraft platform. Removing all but four of the arm-mounted medium lasers and reducing the number of heat sinks to fourteen freed up room for a pair of LB-X Autocannon/20s, three tons of ammo each, and an advanced targeting computer.[3][9] BV (1.0) = 2,178[10], BV (2.0) = 2,615[11]
Sources:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kodiak
http://www.masteruni...s/1807/kodiak-3

Please just accept you are just wrong, you even apologized for "bugging him" yeah... group effort you may have only tweeted one or two times as you claim (idk) but it was a group effort at bugging him.

Kodiak production year 3001, The varient Kodiak-3 uses weapons that are in the game the mech itself is older then that. Im using the quote russ said you love so much (if the mech uses the tech currently in game).

LMAO, i say that cause Russ is the boss of his company and me wanting to be considerate from taking any time from what he was doing to quickly respond and hopes he responds to more some time in the future.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 08:55 AM.
Insults

#23 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:41 AM

From the 3058 TRO

Star Captain Caden:Star Captain Caden first gainednotice as part of the Fourth Nova Cat Regulars’ deepraid against the Alliance world of Lyons in 3063. Duringthe Dominion-Combine War, Caden, furious that theFourth Nova Cat Regulars would be left out of the NovaCat counter-offensive against the Ghost Bears, won aTrial of Grievance against Star Colonel Sal and imme-diately turned around and won a Trial of Position intothe Fifth Nova Cat Regulars. Though he lost his “SpiritCat”—a Vulture—on the battlefields of Marawi againstthe Bears’ Seventeenth PGC, he came away with theonly known Kodiakdeployed within Clan Nova Cat.Now a Star Captain in the Nova Cat Legers Cluster,Caden and his “Spirit Bear” anxiously await an oppor-tunity to strike once more at Clan Ghost Bear.

The Mad Cat MK II is a modified Timberwolf if you want to go that route... Production Year 2945[2][3]

#24 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

I get s giggle out of this, because he only blocked me in retaliation to me blocking him for spamming my Twitter with his temper tantrum tirade. Making it the second time I had to block him for doing so
SMH

Yes I blocked you because you blocked me... I don't need you being able to read my tweets.

#25 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:53 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

From the 3058 TRO

Star Captain Caden:Star Captain Caden first gainednotice as part of the Fourth Nova Cat Regulars’ deepraid against the Alliance world of Lyons in 3063. Duringthe Dominion-Combine War, Caden, furious that theFourth Nova Cat Regulars would be left out of the NovaCat counter-offensive against the Ghost Bears, won aTrial of Grievance against Star Colonel Sal and imme-diately turned around and won a Trial of Position intothe Fifth Nova Cat Regulars. Though he lost his “SpiritCat”—a Vulture—on the battlefields of Marawi againstthe Bears’ Seventeenth PGC, he came away with theonly known Kodiakdeployed within Clan Nova Cat.Now a Star Captain in the Nova Cat Legers Cluster,Caden and his “Spirit Bear” anxiously await an oppor-tunity to strike once more at Clan Ghost Bear.

The Mad Cat MK II is a modified Timberwolf if you want to go that route... Production Year 2945[2][3]

Well then maybe you should talk to russ and make it so we cant have out of timeline varients of a current timeline mech cause.. reasons..

You are arguing against this too btw. That you liked.

Posted Image

uh no, it was a "rebuild" not a modded timby. production year was 3066 and was used to just increase profits for diamond shark.

Like i said before and now. For Russ's particular tweet he said up to 3053. As of now as long as it uses.. read now.. USES the current tech that is in the game currently then maybe it will show up.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#26 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:56 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:41 AM, said:

From the 3058 TRO

MC Mk.II isnt a modified Timberwolf. It is an up gunned, up armored assualt version of the mech. Very different Imperious. Calm down ok, read over again what they are saying and take a deeper look, All they are saying is the Mk.II will come when everything works in its favor and other mechs from this time period. We can not add the Mech by its self right now it would be very unwise I feel, it needs its other "class mates" to play with as well. It will come soon as you said, its a shoe in man jsut like the other popular mechs from MW4. It will show up relax a bit they are nto fighting you on it they are saying wait young one and it will all be worth it in the end.

Please Imperious you have to realize what you mean to the Community on this, you are a figure head for the Mech, you need to present your self and the mech in a positive light. Getting angry with others who just have a few objections to adding it as the next mech they have good points doesnt help the image. It will come Russ confirmed it on the last townhall Quiaff? They just have to do it right and at the right time. Trust me man I want it jsut as badly as you and the next guy. But I don't want it to be added and release a firestorm on the game and causing many issues that it could (it might not cause a thing we dont know). The game isnt even fully finished really.

I am on your side here about it, but you need to calm down about objections, you feed the fire some light for you sometimes by blowing up and using these arguments. YES the KDK-3 is from 3068 YES it is saying the Madcat Mk.ii can work. But look at it this way, Mech chassis are the key time, variants are not as held to this time line as it could block many designs. It is fine I get it I see your side and there's clearly. In the end its not our choice it is how the Dev's want the game to go in the next year and a half or so. We cant push them to fast let them do it, they know we want it they know there is money there they will add it soon man lol. Take it slow you will get better answers I have learned, dont take everything at face value look deeper into it :)

#27 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2016 - 12:53 AM, said:

Well then maybe you should talk to russ and make it so we cant have out of timeline varients of a current timeline mech cause.. reasons..

You are arguing against this too btw. That you liked.

Posted Image

uh no, it was a "rebuild" not a modded timby dingus khan. production year was 3066 and was used to just increase profits for diamond shark.

Like i said before and now. For Russ's particular tweet he said up to 3053. As of now as long as it uses.. read now.. USES the current tech that is in the game currently then maybe it will show up.

There are 2 solid variants that use "current tech" the Prime and the 2. Not like PGI hasn't fudged or created their own variant before as long as the Prime is in current tech.

#28 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

double post whoops

Edited by CK16, 18 February 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

There are 2 solid variants that use "current tech" the Prime and the 2. Not like PGI hasn't fudged or created their own variant before as long as the Prime is in current tech.

This is indeed true. The issue that we disagree on, and your are determined to take as a personal attack and vendetta, is online literally every other mech in the game, including the Kodiak, is that the basic mkII chassis itself is out of timeline, tech notwithstanding.

That is a pretty huge difference. And it's sets some potentially problematic precedents, because of the lack of advanced tech or real ability in all likelihood of them to balance it, at this moment.

There certainly is nothing game breaking in those two variants, and despite your protestations, I am on record that I do want to see it in game. Asking with the Piranha, Blood Asp, Nova Cat and several advanced IS designs.

The difference is I want them when the have is actually fast for the next glut of mechs and tech. I'm hoping by, 2017 we are ready for an Operation Bulldog or even aFedCom Civil War timeline jump and accompanying mech packs. I want my Argus, Uziel and Hellspawn.

I want Rotary ACs and Heavy and Light and Snubnose PPC. I don't want to see the have take the worst balance tailspin since 2013, to get them.

By in your impatience to get your pet mech, you are blind to any and all pitfalls and obstacles, and have made bogeymen out of people based purely on your refusal to accept what Russ was actually saying.

#30 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:38 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

This is indeed true. The issue that we disagree on, and your are determined to take as a personal attack and vendetta, is online literally every other mech in the game, including the Kodiak, is that the basic mkII chassis itself is out of timeline, tech notwithstanding.

That is a pretty huge difference. And it's sets some potentially problematic precedents, because of the lack of advanced tech or real ability in all likelihood of them to balance it, at this moment.

There certainly is nothing game breaking in those two variants, and despite your protestations, I am on record that I do want to see it in game. Asking with the Piranha, Blood Asp, Nova Cat and several advanced IS designs.

The difference is I want them when the have is actually fast for the next glut of mechs and tech. I'm hoping by, 2017 we are ready for an Operation Bulldog or even aFedCom Civil War timeline jump and accompanying mech packs. I want my Argus, Uziel and Hellspawn.

I want Rotary ACs and Heavy and Light and Snubnose PPC. I don't want to see the have take the worst balance tailspin since 2013, to get them.

By in your impatience to get your pet mech, you are blind to any and all pitfalls and obstacles, and have made bogeymen out of people based purely on your refusal to accept what Russ was actually saying.

Nothing is more clear than the tweet above I already created 4-5 variants from sarna that fudge a probe and the other fudges the the Harjel III system that according to sarna doesn't do anything anyway, TT there is a function for it but it was for TT.

You voted against the above clan pack you claim you would be for.

http://mwomercs.com/...this-mech-pack/

Funny so many voted against the Kodiak also for some odd reason... spite i think the good word is.

Also don't make me dig up your dirt with the Urbanmech... which required programming time for 360 turn rotation etc etc

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 01:40 AM.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Nothing is more clear than the tweet above I already created 4-5 variants from sarna that fudge a probe and the other fudges the the Harjel III system that according to sarna doesn't do anything anyway, TT there is a function for it but it was for TT.

You voted against the above clan pack you claim you would be for.

http://mwomercs.com/...this-mech-pack/

Funny so many voted against the Kodiak also for some odd reason... spite i think the good word is.

Also don't make me dig up your dirt with the Urbanmech... which required programming time for 360 turn rotation etc etc

Dig up all the dirt you think you can. There Urbanmech met all criteria. I also never demanded a 360 rotation, something that is not even lore correct. But I knew you would go there. You supported the Urbanmech even though you didn't like it, so it's a betrayal I don't blindly support your pet mech... Despite the circumstances and criteria being totally different.

Such a victim, trying to stretch anything to play that card. Boo hoo.

And no. I didn't vote against it. I voted against it AT THIS TIME, a concept that mature people can grasp.

Also, about your second place finish? Don't get your hopes up too far.

Take note from another second place mech: when Russ polled about the resistance II Assault, it came down Mauler and Cyclops.

He even said they had concept art for both. In over a year, anyone seen any mention of the Cyclops being released?

Wouldn't want you to do anything drastic when the MiffedKity mkII is NOT announced this month.

#32 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:55 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 February 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

Yes and no.

As long as you are keeping your place in a unit, then we could say that you keep "your" assigned 'Mech.

However, if you fail in some Trial or in some battle, you can lose "your" 'Mech instantly, Your Clan will assign you a new 'Mech - Hunchback IIC for example - so you die "gloriously" in the next battle. Or when you are transfered to some Solahma cluster, you can be almost sure that you will lose your OmniMech.

Ahh, yes... that rings a bell. Somewhere deep in memory two decades old Posted Image.
Thank you.

The funny thing is: I'm currently thinking about buying one.

Edited by Paigan, 18 February 2016 - 02:17 AM.

#33 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostPaigan, on 18 February 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

The funny thing is: I'm currently thinking about buying one.

The original Hunchback IIC laughs: "As long that 'Mechs' alpha is less than 90 points, it's not worth my attention." Posted Image

#34 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:21 AM

All I know is, if PGI is willing to extend the timeline to 3053, it's time for the Bushwacker :).

#35 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

Seems simple. If the chassis is currently available, then a later variant can be built with current tech, its ok.

Current stance tho, will change because it's easier for mech production than advancing time line, it's why he's aloof.

#36 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 February 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

The original Hunchback IIC laughs: "As long that 'Mechs' alpha is less than 90 points, it's not worth my attention." Posted Image

Well, true, but that's with uAC20s with ridiculously low ammo, weapon reliability, heatsinks, speed, armor, range ... actually: ridiculously low everything, except a theoretical lucky alpha for a couple of shots.

Now that I think about it: The original HBC-IIC looks like an advertising Mech:
"Come to our Solahma units. We have REALLY powerful Mechs. No, really, we do!"

Edited by Paigan, 18 February 2016 - 04:02 AM.

#37 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 February 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Sorry, but that's not correct.

There have been some Nova Cat 'Mechs in MWO already:
  • The Shadow Cat and the Hankyu (already in the game, shared between the Nova Cats and the Smoke Jaguars).
  • The Jenner IIC
Other Nova Cat 'Mechs that could be - in the future perhaps - added to MWO are the Nobori-nin, the Supernova, the Griffin IIC and IIC 2, and the Shadow Hawk IIC. They had the Rifleman IIC too.

The Nova Cats will have some interesting 'Mechs in the far future, such as the Wendigo, the Sphinx, the Ocelot or the Cave Lion.
Ah, I did not realize that those designs were specifically Nova Cat. Thanks for pointing that out.

#38 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:54 AM

if a totem mech is what is required, then NOVA CAT wins down.

However, as both Night Gyr and Nova Cat have the same speed, then the heavier Night Gyr would offer more variety in terms of weapons.

As such, I would prefer the Night Gyr.

I am no fan of assaults though. And so if I could only choose one, no Mad Cat Mk 2 for me. No to sea foxes!

Edited by Chuanhao, 18 February 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#39 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Like i said there was a marginal want for it so maybe it'll make its way into the game. You got it shout out in the town hall. Really id make the argument that most of the Nova Cat's variants use the current weaponry in game so it should be released before.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 09:08 AM.

#40 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 18 February 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

if a totem mech is what is required, then NOVA CAT wins down.

However, as both Night Gyr and Nova Cat have the same speed, then the heavier Night Gyr would offer more variety in terms of weapons.

As such, I would prefer the Night Gyr.

I am no fan of assaults though. And so if I could only choose one, no Mad Cat Mk 2 for me. No to sea foxes!

Gyr has less free critical slots but baked in armor and mobility in the jump jets. Nova Cat has more critical slots but needs to add on jump jets that eat into its pod space and naturally is armored less due to being 5 tons lighter. Basically, the Night Gyr is probably the superior ballistic platform whereas the Nova Cat can probably do energy better just due to free slots for double heat sinks. Both mechs, however, are incredible similar platforms, and being "better" at one vs the other is a slight difference.

Ironically, the Nova Cat B is probably the scariest LRM platform I can imagine. Stock. Six LRM15 and 2 ERMLas. o_0

Edit:

Also, as for Imperious being block happy on Twitter, dude decided to block me after I told him I wasn't his enemy and not to make me one. I actually cautioned him to use some restraint as he was making his own argument look bad, and instead he blew up on me. Too bad. He has good ideas now and then on Twitter, but the dude is so up in arms about the MKII that he alienates people who might otherwise have signal-boosted those ideas.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 18 February 2016 - 10:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users