#41 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 February 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

Gyr has less free critical slots but baked in armor and mobility in the jump jets. Nova Cat has more critical slots but needs to add on jump jets that eat into its pod space and naturally is armored less due to being 5 tons lighter. Basically, the Night Gyr is probably the superior ballistic platform whereas the Nova Cat can probably do energy better just due to free slots for double heat sinks. Both mechs, however, are incredible similar platforms, and being "better" at one vs the other is a slight difference.

Ironically, the Nova Cat B is probably the scariest LRM platform I can imagine. Stock. Six LRM15 and 2 ERMLas. o_0

Edit:

Also, as for Imperious being block happy on Twitter, dude decided to block me after I told him I wasn't his enemy and not to make me one. I actually cautioned him to use some restraint as he was making his own argument look bad, and instead he blew up on me. Too bad. He has good ideas now and then on Twitter, but the dude is so up in arms about the MKII that he alienates people who might otherwise have signal-boosted those ideas.

You started to annoy me and I warned you. Yup most of the time my agenda is really about improving the game for the long term like engine upgrade, single player for added revenue stream that allows them to sell maps so map making isn't a total loss to develop, group of any size play to allow units to play with each other, etc.

My one selfish and shameless agenda is getting my childhood mech in the game, and on multiple occasions you would jump on my MK II tweets/ Mech Pack tweets and push your agenda. You could have just tweeted Russ yourself your own mech pack not jump on mine.

I'm not going to wait for Tech before I push for the MK II because there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON TOO. I've waited three years that is long enough.

It has enough variants that use current tech, and it's a better 90T assault that is really needed to give me a decent drop deck in CW.

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#42 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

You started to annoy me so I acted childishly, and wa.

I don't attack people. I attack ideas. If an idea cannot survive attacks on its foundations than the idea is worthy of reconsideration. That isn't the same as scrapping the idea entirely, but of finding a new approach. That is the basis of the scientific, logical process, in a nutshell. It is without care, or reason to cater to, emotion, as emotion has no place here. Worthy ideas are ones rooted in logic and the environment one intends to entertain such ideas, not emotion.

If you post any idea on a public forum, do not expect people to treat you like a pretty pretty princess and ignore you. You, among others, have derailed my tweets before, but I understand it's a public forum and I put my big boy pants on. If you wanted privacy, there is a private message option on Twitter. One which you chose to ignore.

Instead of a logical back and forth, you immediately, from the very get go, do not pass go, acted like I was the enemy. Excuse me, but your "warnings" were unjustified in regards to me, and were inflammatory at best, all because you could not separate logic from emotion. That is on you, my friend. Not me. Further, when I tried to encourage you to use a little more logic, a little less blind flailing emotion, in order to help you improve how your idea would look in the court of public opinion, your only response was to attack me.

Let me break that down again, real simple like. I tried to help you realize you should reassess how you were approaching your goal. You attacked me as a result.

[REDACTED]

Edited by Scout Derek, 18 February 2016 - 06:28 PM.
removing unconstructive paragraph

#43 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 18 February 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

All I know is, if PGI is willing to extend the timeline to 3053, it's time for the Bushwacker Posted Image.

As much as I like the Bushwacker (it took a while for that mech to grow on me), she does run into the issues faced by the Black Knight/Mauller/Crab/King Crab, is that most of the variants don't feel very different...

As for ones that could be a go:

BSW-X1
BSW-X2
BSW-S2

It's too bad, as the BSW-L1 I think might be a great version of it, but between having a LB-X20 and LFE she is out...

#44 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:26 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 18 February 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

As much as I like the Bushwacker (it took a while for that mech to grow on me), she does run into the issues faced by the Black Knight/Mauller/Crab/King Crab, is that most of the variants don't feel very different...

As for ones that could be a go:

BSW-X1
BSW-X2
BSW-S2

It's too bad, as the BSW-L1 I think might be a great version of it, but between having a LB-X20 and LFE she is out...

Eh. Would still like to see it. It is staggering to see how many unique chassis are in MWO, vs any other MW title in the past. Even if it does not exactly fill any unique niche, I still love the potential variety.

#45 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 February 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

I don't attack people. I attack ideas. If an idea cannot survive attacks on its foundations than the idea is worthy of reconsideration. That isn't the same as scrapping the idea entirely, but of finding a new approach. That is the basis of the scientific, logical process, in a nutshell. It is without care, or reason to cater to, emotion, as emotion has no place here. Worthy ideas are ones rooted in logic and the environment one intends to entertain such ideas, not emotion.

If you post any idea on a public forum, do not expect people to treat you like a pretty pretty princess and ignore you. You, among others, have derailed my tweets before, but I understand it's a public forum and I put my big boy pants on. If you wanted privacy, there is a private message option on Twitter. One which you chose to ignore.

Instead of a logical back and forth, you immediately, from the very get go, do not pass go, acted like I was the enemy. Excuse me, but your "warnings" were unjustified in regards to me, and were inflammatory at best, all because you could not separate logic from emotion. That is on you, my friend. Not me. Further, when I tried to encourage you to use a little more logic, a little less blind flailing emotion, in order to help you improve how your idea would look in the court of public opinion, your only response was to attack me.

Let me break that down again, real simple like. I tried to help you realize you should reassess how you were approaching your goal. You attacked me as a result.

Any resulting salt is entirely on your end. I have, at pBiggz request, avoided inflaming the situation more, but don't you for one second dare think you are an innocent in this scenario. Enjoy, Impy. Do not expect further replies from me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Imperius, 18 February 2016 - 02:46 PM.

#46 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 February 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Eh. Would still like to see it. It is staggering to see how many unique chassis are in MWO, vs any other MW title in the past. Even if it does not exactly fill any unique niche, I still love the potential variety.

I think the only other MW series game that had more verity, was MW2 Mercs, I mean there you had chassis that overlapped each other... still it was a great game....

I'd also like them to go back and give some love to mechs like the Atlas, with a bit of Hard point inflation, it could really help it out, as they feel a bit anemic on the hard points...

When it comes to IS chassis I've got a couple I want to see, but not many...

Stinger / Wasp
Phoenix Hawk / Bushwhacker
Champion
Thug / Long Bow / Marauder II

Clan Side:

Piranha
Coyotl / Huntsman (good solid medium mechs)
Nova Cat / Night Gry (grate well rounded Heavies)
Warhamer IIC / Marauder IIC

I just don't get the love people have for the Uziel, I mean it's a mech who's own fluff states in the very first line of the first paragraph:

"The Uziel is not a ground braking mech, especially when compared with some of the new designs come out of Hesperus II."

I look at it, and I see a mech that just average, average speed for a post 3050 50t mech with jump capabilities (6/9/6), average weapon pay load for a 50t mech post 3050... the geometry for MWO would be average, likely leading it to be slower with less kit as people try to reduce the reliance on the 300XL it has due to having large ST's....

Edited by Metus regem, 18 February 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#47 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

Ugh, quit arguing over pitiful stuff guys.... CMON >:-(

Scrubbing posts....

#48 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 18 February 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

word. dawg.

#49 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

o.O;

I just wanted to make some Nova Cat fans happy. What in the hell did I unleash?

#50 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

View PostSkaerKrow, on 18 February 2016 - 10:13 PM, said:

o.O;

I just wanted to make some Nova Cat fans happy. What in the hell did I unleash?

A discussion then dissolved into some guy being incorrect. You know.. MW;O forums in general. but i think its died down alot.

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 10:50 PM.

#51 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2016 - 10:26 PM, said:

A discussion then dissolved into the butthurt of some guy being incorrect. You know.. MW;O forums in general. but i think its died down alot.

Yeah some guys think there is a timeline in this game.

#52 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

View PostImperius, on 18 February 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

Yeah some guys think there is a timeline in this game.

again, there is. go ask russ.also;

Posted Image

Another note. mmm that elusive timeline thing if only there was a.. OH! heres something! Bit out out of date 3053 is current year; https://mwomercs.com/clock

Edited by LastKhan, 18 February 2016 - 11:16 PM.

#53 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 18 February 2016 - 10:54 PM, said:

again, there is. go ask russ.also;

Posted Image

There was some talk on Twitter tonight again with this topic. I lost track of it thoughm Bishop would know more stayed tuned!

Impy please dont go into that, we know its beating a dead horse for both sides. I agree we can flex the time line and make it work, I think we can all say SURE it might work. Lets keep to talking about mechs we have our arguments for the 4 needed variants that are pretty solid, it isnt a matter of IF its when Impy. The Madcat Mk.II will come along with many others soon enough Posted Image

Also to clarify when people say package they mean in wave format I assume THESE require the 1 of each class.
If you said your package was the next 4 singles that might have gotten more support. I don't like the idea of a wave like package with multiple of the same tiers. Clan's still need more of each class really, it depends more on getting one of each tonnage category now IMO. We have empty spots still. The Madcat Mk.II is 90 tons the ONLY other Clan mech in game is the Highlander IIC so its a maybe (This will come before the Blood Asp I would bet on that). It comes down to once again the next Clan Assault Battlemech, That I would put money on our Madcat Mk.II over the others, practically cause of your work with it and the fact that many do want it as well.

Edited by CK16, 18 February 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#54 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:20 PM

Good find didn't know, could also be a coincidence but cool if it's not. Also I think Clan Nova Cat wont ever be realized in MWO the population isn't there to facilitate the Clans + Houses + Mercs as is.. just adding more factions would hurt even more... WOuld just love to have the symbol in game though.. /sniff

And we all want mechs in the game, some of us can understand why we don't see certain chassis yet though.. I want the Cougar but it's a 3058 design and the Nova Cat 3059.. not gonna stomp my feet like a child about it though if it's not in the current scope of what they want to develop.. we'll get there eventually

#55 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 17 February 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

Huh, i did NOT think that the Hero Kodiak was based on a Canon Source.

Thought it's one of the made-up mechs by PGI.
I still don't care for it, because it's a filthy clan mech.

You'll be surprsied.

There is only like 4 or 6 hero mechs in MW: O that have absolutely no connections to lore/ canon what so ever. The rest are rather all interpretations of a personalized mech (Spirit bear, Deaths knell, Pirates bane, Legendkiller [famously], never had their load out shown or mentioned... or even said to have a different load out than stock.), the actual hero mech itself (yen lo wang, Sparky, etc) or mish mashes of later variants/ prototypes/ lore (misery, grid iron, etc).

So yea. Kodiak Spirit bear actually existed. So does like 2/3rds of the other hero mechs in MW: O. You do not really think PGI makes up every variant they come across for no reason do you? Keep in mind the guys doing the models, the paint jobs, the hardpoints, etc do their research and are passionate to battletech. Which can be seen in the Misery (reference to the Battle of Misery) to the videos on the MW: O youtube page (near clan introduction to MW: O, The enemy clan mech flashed between catapult and marauder to show "mad cat"), to things like the skin such as the Buccaneer often referencing the mechs own history or background, etc.

#56 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:51 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Seems clear to me the MK II passes the "timeline issue" because it is a mech that uses current tech on at least two variants. 2 others could be made up or slightly fudged just like the Mauler.

#57 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostImperius, on 19 February 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Seems clear to me the MK II passes the "timeline issue" because it is a mech that uses current tech on at least two variants. 2 others could be made up or slightly fudged just like the Mauler.

And technically you are correct after what russ said before this i havent denied that but, he also said "any mechs in tech." which could also mean alot.

"are you willing to add new variants of EXISTING MW;O mechs."

MK2 isnt a existing MW;O mech. He shouldve asked;

"are you willing to add mechs beyond the timeline as long as they have/use weapons that are currently in game? Get back to me when u have that answer imperius. I would ask myself but you think two posts is "bugging" him.

Edited by LastKhan, 19 February 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#58 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 19 February 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

And technically you are correct after what russ said before this i havent denied that but, he also said "any mechs in tech." which could also mean alot.

"are you willing to add new variants of EXISTING MW;O mechs."

MK2 isnt a existing MW;O mech. He shouldve asked;

"are you willing to add mechs beyond the timeline as long as they have/use weapons that are currently in game? Get back to me when u have that answer imperius. I would ask myself but you think two posts is "bugging" him.

I got you fam
Posted Image

#59 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for providing source thats all you needed to post. So it was like Russ said before after the pick the one mech tweet. Now you can stop stomping around like big brother is going to take your toy away.

#60 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostLastKhan, on 19 February 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Thanks for providing source thats all you needed to post. So it was like Russ said before after the pick the one mech tweet. Now you can stop stomping around like big brother is going to take your toy away.

I never wanted to stomp in the first place, but I hate it even more when people tell me I am wrong when I knew I was right.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users