Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#281 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

View Postcdlord, on 23 February 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

Solo and CW queues are the easiest. You can force the matchmaker into true Clan v IS matches.

The problem with 12:10 lies in the public group queue and I don't have a good solution for it other than forgo it completely or use the ghost weight mechanic instead.

We can always assume that people dropping in the group queue know what they are doing and as such keeping 12x12 mixed tech fights in there should suffice.

#282 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:04 AM

View PostLugh, on 23 February 2016 - 05:57 AM, said:

Do that math I know it's hard. But a clan Star 5 mechs is = 2 lances 8 mechs. Which equals 1.6 mechs per clan mech.

Your math is inaccurate...
TWO Clan stars (10 mechs) versus IS Company (12 mechs). 1.2 IS mechs per Clan mech.

#283 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

View PostMystere, on 23 February 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

For the solo queue, force IS vs. IS, Clan vs. Clan, and IS vs. Clan fights. Allowing mixed tech fights was a bad idea in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with mixed tech fights. There is plenty wrong with what PGI is still attempting to do to vanillize MWO.

#284 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostLugh, on 23 February 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

There is nothing wrong with mixed tech fights. There is plenty wrong with what PGI is still attempting to do to vanillize MWO.

Mixed tech fights have become the "excuse" against PGI creating proper match ups worthy of the BattleTech and Mechwarrior names.

#285 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostMystere, on 23 February 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Mixed tech fights have become the "excuse" against PGI creating proper match ups worthy of the BattleTech and Mechwarrior names.

Personally, i would have said the reason is a predictable shift of the vast majority of players (and ALL the 'tryhards') switching to the side with the explicit individual advantage. You don't want that, especially when that side is meant to have a population disadvantage.

#286 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 February 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

Personally, i would have said the reason is a predictable shift of the vast majority of players (and ALL the 'tryhards') switching to the side with the explicit individual advantage. You don't want that, especially when that side is meant to have a population disadvantage.

I feel like that number would be far less than you think it would.

Frankly, as it stands now...the only reason the clans all went IS in CW was to send a message to PGI that balance was so borked even the loyalists dropped faction.

Beyond that, there are lots of people who play IS and *still* think clans are OP now....so...

#287 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:08 AM

Compared to how CW felt preptch to now, I would say I am very happy and feel the balance is in a good place. The only huge advantage clans have now is laser range and it isn't that much of one past IS long range meta builds. Each side has thier strengths and weaknesses and no they both should not be copy paste weapons with just different names. I really feel that they did a good job with the balance of things this time. The %50 range quirks were quite rediculious. The Meta Balance was way in the IS court before now it's very near center. Stop complaing freebirth surat :P

Edited by CK16, 23 February 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#288 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

Another person who has no idea what they are talking about. Nothing to see here.

#289 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostMystere, on 23 February 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

I like mixed tech, but sometimes it may not be good in certain situations, and we may end up with a new problem:

People complaining about mixed tech, how IS mechs are now OP thanks to clan tech, and that all people use are now Meta Crabs with 4 Clan UAC/10s, or Lolcusts with insane DPS and better cooling, or a Grid Iron kicking Assaults and heavies in the lower regions with dual uac 10s or dual Gauss or whatever monstrosity that can be made with clan and IS mechs.

That I don't think anyone wishes upon this community. I don't, but, opinion is a opinion.

#290 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

Clan XL and some weapon systems are a big reason that 10 Clan mechs to balance 12 IS mechs in Lore. If you aren't going to run 10 Clan vs 12 IS in MWO, why not share the tech between IS and Clan? Why fight this crap with quirks?

#291 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostNecromantion, on 23 February 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

Another person who has no idea what they are talking about. Nothing to see here.

I'd like to say they experience the weapons at the wrong time at the wrong place before the nerf, and that's why they dislike this "buffing" of clan tech.

Me, I could care less, It's when OP quirks like the PP-PC T-Bolt or Grid Iron with 50%+ Gauss cooldown that gets me.

#292 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostMoomtazz, on 23 February 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Clan XL and some weapon systems are a big reason that 10 Clan mechs to balance 12 IS mechs in Lore. If you aren't going to run 10 Clan vs 12 IS in MWO, why not share the tech between IS and Clan? Why fight this crap with quirks?

Well even then, with lore saying 10 v 12, mixed tech might bring a crowd out like I was saying just before that'll bring some hate out in many.

For example, what If I said you can take a IS Orion with Clan tech? That means that I have no reason to take it's counterpart, the Orion IIC because If I want to, I can now have even more variations of hardpoints for my clan tech.

Another would be the King Crab Argument. UAC/10 X 4? Dire Wolf with better mobility because of Quirks, customization, etc.

#293 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

View PostWolfways, on 22 February 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

So you just....basically rarely fire.

Not at all. Many Clan mechs contain more weapons than their heat scale can handle, but the weapons vary by range. So, pilots can take advantage of this by ranging their opponents as much as possible, soften the enemy with long-range weaponry. Then, when the enemy closes in you attack with the closer range weaponry first.

Weapon redundancy is also an advantage when brawling and attacking at gradually closing ranges. You don't need to fire all of your weapons at once but you should definitely be firing as frequently as possible.

Now, if a pilot's playstyle is to sit in the rear and snipe always, then these advantages will never work for them. So again like I've stated many times, it depends on your playstyle.

View PostDovisKhan, on 22 February 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

While personal taste does play a role, weapon placement does make a build objectively better.

Here's a 3 common situations:

1) Team push, with weapons on both arms you either fire separately or risk painting you buddies back red with that laser

2) Peek a boom - you are forced either to do half you damage or expose all torso - worse case is that you can get dropped instantly, because you exposed your fulll torso, while with weapons in 1 arm you'd lose a single side torso

3) Brawl - losing 1 side torso cuts your damage in half

^ In all cases the stock build is clearly inferior and drastically at that.

No no, sorry for the confusion but I'm not disagreeing with you. Yes, weapon placement does make a difference and should be tailored to your playstyle. I was only commenting on the fact that absolutely no weapon or equipment purchases are necessary for these stock builds, they come with everything you need. Which is why I argue that they are not gimp builds in the slightest.

Edited by Repasy, 23 February 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#294 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:31 PM

Not sure if people noticed but some of the larger units went clan again for the large rewards in CW. IS mechs still have range over clans unless they use up a lot of tonage on a TC. Agility, armor, structure and better heat efficient weps too. Shorter burn times, single projectile ballistics... I could go on. Short answer is different mechs are different. It's ok to not have the best everything.

I have 171 mechs and play both sides, just happen to be clan ATM. I think the current balance is damn good right now. But well all have opinions, don't we.

#295 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

View PostDrasari, on 23 February 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

Not sure if people noticed but some of the larger units went clan again for the large rewards in CW. IS mechs still have range over clans unless they use up a lot of tonage on a TC. Agility, armor, structure and better heat efficient weps too. Shorter burn times, single projectile ballistics... I could go on. Short answer is different mechs are different. It's ok to not have the best everything.

I have 171 mechs and play both sides, just happen to be clan ATM. I think the current balance is damn good right now. But well all have opinions, don't we.

Noticed that as well. I hope at some point maybe the big units can outline some agreement not to bounce to one side all at once like we had recently, it seriously kills the game. I have my own opinions about over-inflated unit size, but if they are to stay they really should act a bit more responsibly than to say "Posted Image We go where we want, scrubs."

#296 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:49 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 February 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

I like mixed tech, but sometimes it may not be good in certain situations, and we may end up with a new problem:

People complaining about mixed tech, how IS mechs are now OP thanks to clan tech, and that all people use are now Meta Crabs with 4 Clan UAC/10s, or Lolcusts with insane DPS and better cooling, or a Grid Iron kicking Assaults and heavies in the lower regions with dual uac 10s or dual Gauss or whatever monstrosity that can be made with clan and IS mechs.

That I don't think anyone wishes upon this community. I don't, but, opinion is a opinion.

Just to clarify, that's not what I meant by "mixed tech". I should have used the term "mixed fights" (i.e. Clan and IS on the same team).

#297 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostMystere, on 23 February 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Just to clarify, that's not what I meant by "mixed tech". I should have used the term "mixed fights" (i.e. Clan and IS on the same team).

You'll have to specify more, for CW? because right now I'm lost at this point here.

#298 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

It's the reverse of a month ago. It's not good, but it's not better or worse.

Seriously, listening to the community was a foregone conclusion when PGI implemented a game mode that practically guaranteed that we'd all be biased.

Edited by Moldur, 23 February 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#299 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:06 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 February 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

You'll have to specify more, for CW? because right now I'm lost at this point here.

Right now we have Clan vs. IS in CW and mixed teams in the non-CW queues.

What I was saying is that the solo public queue should be forced to create IS vs. IS, Clan vs. Clan, and IS vs. Clan fights only. Allowing mixed teams was a bad idea.

#300 Thorqemada

• 6,381 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

IS Q would be empty in 1 day... :D

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users