Is This What Everyone Wanted - Clans Superior In Game Again!

306 replies to this topic

#61 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:07 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 February 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Advanced Zoom is a giant crutch. I rarely use them even when carrying gauss rifles or (ER)PPCs. Posted Image

The server authoritative zoom image/target bracket overlay bothers me too much to use it. You can be staring at a mech, but the target box is a mech and a half to the side of it. Wat?

#62 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

Here's where the other team is OP 100% of the time - "can't get out the door for fear of being killed".

End of story.

This right here is 90% of the reason solo teams get wrecked by units. People too scared to put teamwork into motion.
The other 10% is people not learning the mechanics of the game and refusing to learn to play as a team.

#63 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

Gonna go out on a limb here and say alt account...

Which if true says a lot.

View PostTed Wayz, on 21 February 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

Give us a 3025 server. Problem solved and many others.

While creating other problems.

#64 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

Stop. Just stop. It's not the Mechs, it's you. Some Mechs in this game are absolute crap, some are good, some are great and both factions have them. Ultimately the performance of a Mech is the sum of its pilot. Stop blaming, quite literally everything, for your inadequacies.

#65 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

Exactly. Its a tough one to. I really don't want to make the engines the same. I don't think anyone wants that.

Oh! I can find a few who want exactly just that.

#66 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 21 February 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Stop. Just stop. It's not the Mechs, it's you. Some Mechs in this game are absolute crap, some are good, some are great and both factions have them. Ultimately the performance of a Mech is the sum of its pilot. Stop blaming, quite literally everything, for your inadequacies.

Ask people to look in the mirror to find the real source of the problem?

Posted Image

#67 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:23 AM

When I'm old and cant see any more and my hands shake and I'm wearing a diaper I will pilot clan mechs and complain when I face any opposition that stands a chance. No offense to any diaper wearers out there.

#68 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostMystere, on 21 February 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Ask people to look in the mirror to find the real source of the problem?

Posted Image

It would not bother me so much if there wasn't so much freakin' hyperbole.

"My torso was instantly vaporized at 600 meters by that heavy mech!" "It is impossible to trade shots with a Clan mech at ERLLas range before being exploded!" "Clan mechs hit too hard to brawl against!" "Clan lasers are too good, which is why Clan mechs only ever use lasers!"

Nothing but myopic, over the top, overly simplified excuses with little grasp of reality or the concept of counterplay. Not even a second to think about Clan laser damage drop being so severe, or that the quirked IS mechs can trade at Clan ranges with a shorter exposure time, or that Clan mechs run hotter than the god damned sun so are less ideal to brawl with than IS mechs outside of niche cases, or that most other Clan weapons are crap except for the lasers so of course that's all you ever see.....

Ugh.

Edit: The hilarious thing is that most of us Clan pilots played nothing but IS mechs for years given a lack of options. We understand the limitations as well as the strengths of IS tech. We practiced, day in and day out, with IS tech. It isn't like we don't comprehend how to play an IS mech, and on occasion we do still use them.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 21 February 2016 - 08:31 AM.

#69 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

I call BS OP, I did 3 CW drops lastnight against Clans, PUG on PUG action, and in all cases it was an IS win, two of which were complete curb stomps. (One was 48:37, one 47:33, one 48:29), both curb stops happened on Sulphuric, the close one was on Boreal, in each game the IS was on the defensive, with one counter attack on Boreal.

#70 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,935 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:32 AM

Sigh,

I wish both side would stop this nonsense.

Game has been pretty balanced for the last two passes. The whining from the "comp" clan crowd over a 100m range advantage of a single weapon on certain mechs was wholly exaggerated and unbecoming. The whining from the IS folks above is equally hyperbolic and pathetic.

Balancing a game with this many variables and this much complexity of player options would be hard enough by itself. But we also have the baggage/blessing of a previous TT game, novels, and video games which contain "lore" and game play aspects that many players insist are sacrosanct. Added to that we have devs who would really like to build this title into a respected e-sports venue and a small dedicated group of players who have jumped on board.

As such, anything they do to the game, ANY change they make assuredly pi$$es of at least someone. So be it. But do you really need to whine so much about these little aspects? Deep breaths all. It will be OK.

#71 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 February 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Sigh,

Game has been pretty balanced for the last two passes. The whining from the "comp" clan crowd over a 100m range advantage of a single weapon on certain mechs was wholly exaggerated and unbecoming. The whining from the IS folks above is equally hyperbolic and pathetic.

Balancing a game with this many variables and this much complexity of player options would be hard enough by itself. But we also have the baggage/blessing of a previous TT game, novels, and video games which contain "lore" and game play aspects that many players insist are sacrosanct. Added to that we have devs who would really like to build this title into a respected e-sports venue and a small dedicated group of players who have jumped on board.

As such, anything they do to the game, ANY change they make assuredly pi$$es of at least someone. So be it. But do you really need to whine so much about these little aspects? Deep breaths all. It will be OK.

Ya but if they finally get balance perfected I cant make cheese or diaper jokes any more.

#72 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 21 February 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Sigh,

Agreed

#73 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

Ya but if they finally get balance perfected I cant make cheese or diaper jokes any more.
I'm sure you'll find a way talk crap to clanners anyhow...

#74 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 21 February 2016 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'm sure you'll find a way talk crap to clanners anyhow...

Have you stopped to consider they won both battles of Tukayid. Had undisputed easy mode until recently and still enjoy many mismatches. Then come to the forums and whine. That I enjoy making fun of that bothers you?

Cause it really is worth a good laugh.

Its true I will miss making fun of this situation.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 08:48 AM.

#75 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 February 2016 - 08:47 AM, said:

Have you stopped to consider they won both battles of Tukayid. Had undisputed easy mode until recently and still enjoy many mismatches. Then come to the forums and whine. That I enjoy making fun of that bothers you?

Big units going Clan for both events?

#76 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

Actually it amuses me

#77 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

Have you stopped to consider they won both battles of Tukayid.

To be fair both Tuks were designed to give the Clans the advantage with the easier game mode to complete.

#78 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

View Postsycocys, on 21 February 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

To be fair both Tuks were designed to give the Clans the advantage with the easier game mode to complete.

And in both cases, the Clans only won by, what, 10-15%? When they had the advantage?

#79 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 21 February 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

Big units going Clan for both events?

Yep. That as much as anything else proves my point.

Heres the secret, when most players buy games they don't put them on easy mode. Many or most play hard mode.

Clans will continue to need the large units until there is better balance. They openly say they use every advantage. But to their credit they are giving the Inner Sphere opposition on the galaxy map.

The entire thing is a mess right now until there is more defined faction play anyway.

Edited by Johnny Z, 21 February 2016 - 08:55 AM.

#80 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 21 February 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:

And in both cases, the Clans only won by, what, 10-15%? When they had the advantage?

10-15% is a pretty large number considering the end was competed for during the low population EU hours. If Tuk ended during the US peak time it would have been much larger.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users