Does The Is Std Engine Slow Down When Damaged?

34 replies to this topic

#21 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostKhobai, on 22 February 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

then IS XL would be good

because IS STD would be worse

theres a method to my madness

lol terrible.

#22 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:26 PM

View Postcazidin, on 22 February 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

Actually, yes, the IS Standard Engine has several penalties when you lose a side torso. These penalties are as follows:
-0% Top Speed.
-0% Reverse Speed.
-0% Acceleration.
-0% Deceleration
-0% Heat Capacity
-0% Heat Dissipation
-0% Turning Rate (Speed)
-0% Turning Raw (Yaw)

You also lose the arm that is connected to that torso. For example, if you lose your left torso you lose your left arm. If you lose your right torso you lose your right arm. If you lose your center torso? Well, then you're destroyed.

You only mentioned the change in penalties after ST destruction. Don't forget the large amount of your weapons and equipment that are 'lost' from the very start of the match- 9.5 tons 'pre-destroyed' on a 300 rated engine.

I'll forgive the error because presumably you usually play clan mechs and forgot all about it.

#23 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

Posted Image

#24 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 23 February 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

You only mentioned the change in penalties after ST destruction. Don't forget the large amount of your weapons and equipment that are 'lost' from the very start of the match- 9.5 tons 'pre-destroyed' on a 300 rated engine.

I'll forgive the error because presumably you usually play clan mechs and forgot all about it.

My apologies. I completely forgot about the negative tonnage quirk for equipping a standard engine.

#25 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

SO does anyone actually and factually know the answer to this one?

#26 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 February 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

SO does anyone actually and factually know the answer to this one?

It is more than likely terrain slowing the mech. Without further info, I couldn't say for sure.

#27 Thorqemada

• 6,381 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:25 PM

Flat Terrain - no obstacles...

Engine Sound had changed btw. and sounded unhealthy - my most actual knowledge is that IS Engines do not slow down thus i ask.

Thx for participation in this Thread albeit i have no enlightening answer yet i do honestly apreciate everyones effort Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 23 February 2016 - 04:27 PM.

#28 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 23 February 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Flat Terrain - no obstacles...

Engine Sound had changed btw. and sounded unhealthy - my most actual knowledge is that IS Engines do not slow down thus i ask.

Thx for participation in this Thread albeit i have no enlightening answer yet i do honestly apreciate everyones effort Posted Image

Don't no what to tell you then. I quite often stomp around as stripper pole and the only thing that keeps me from stomping at maximum speed is terrain.

#29 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostBilbo, on 23 February 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

It is more than likely terrain slowing the mech. Without further info, I couldn't say for sure.

I can personally attest that it wasn't terrain that slowed me down. I've been on open terrain in my spider cruising along at 130+ kph and all of a sudden I'm down to a top speed of 100 or less kph.

That's why I'm honestly curious as to the OP's question. I've experienced it myself so it would be nice to have mechanical information that might be useful to players (Ya know, information and details on how the game works PGI, makes it easier to play ya know)

#30 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 February 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

I can personally attest that it wasn't terrain that slowed me down. I've been on open terrain in my spider cruising along at 130+ kph and all of a sudden I'm down to a top speed of 100 or less kph.

That's why I'm honestly curious as to the OP's question. I've experienced it myself so it would be nice to have mechanical information that might be useful to players (Ya know, information and details on how the game works PGI, makes it easier to play ya know)

The only thing that slows me down are slopes, even very slight ones, and the occasional super pebble. I'll have to pay more attention next time I'm in water, as there was talk that that would have an effect, but I don't recall it being implemented.

#31 Gus VAPOR Rice

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:19 PM

Interesting question.

Like Sandpit I have also experienced it in my spider, changed engine sound and what I perceived as a slowdown, didn't check speedometer but pretty sure about it. I haven't run my spiders in a while though (2+ years?)

Also have a feeling it happened to me in a Raven.

Probably just specific mechs that are/were affected.

And this is distinctly different from pebble/terrain slowdown.

edit:
And I was taking critcals to legs and I lost an arm AND I think critical in CT & LT

Edited by Gus VAPOR Rice, 23 February 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostGus VAPOR Rice, on 23 February 2016 - 05:19 PM, said:

Interesting question.

Like Sandpit I have also experienced it in my spider, changed engine sound and what I perceived as a slowdown, didn't check speedometer but pretty sure about it. I haven't run my spiders in a while though (2+ years?)

Also have a feeling it happened to me in a Raven.

Probably just specific mechs that are/were affected.

And this is distinctly different from pebble/terrain slowdown.

The engine sounds are dictated by overall mech health. If you're fresh, there's one sound, and when you're not, there's another sound.

This doesn't actually affect the performance of the mech however (that's more on equipment and situation).

#33 Gus VAPOR Rice

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 23 February 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

The engine sounds are dictated by overall mech health. If you're fresh, there's one sound, and when you're not, there's another sound.

This doesn't actually affect the performance of the mech however (that's more on equipment and situation).

That is the point, it felt like my engine was downgraded, even seemed to effect overall agility (like an engine downgrade)

I guess I've run the spider some 150 fights and this has happened once, and maybe once in a Raven (some 200 fights). That's it! No other chassi.... nothing...

I might be wrong... been drunk... nah Posted Image or maybe some weird lag
anyhow I am really curious about this

#34 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

Just asked Russ about this on Twitter. He says standard engines do not slow down when damaged.

#35 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostShinobiHunter, on 23 February 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

Just asked Russ about this on Twitter. He says standard engines do not slow down when damaged.

thank you sir!
<S>

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users