UAC, no. (IS and Clan should be burst)

#22 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostMawai, on 22 February 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Lol. 4 x C-UAC10 ... 6 x C-UAC5 ... the only thing even remotely mitigating these builds on the Dire Wolf and others is the fact that you can turn a bit to spread damage due to the burst nature of the weapons. Even then the UAC5 is only 2 bursts and the UAC10 is 3.

A 4x C-UAC10 that would do 40 pinpoint damage plus another 40 on double tap? Give me a break ... that is so far from balanced that it isn't even funny.

And as mentioned above, the face time required is no worse than lasers and in some cases better.

Edit: As for hit registration ... if you have video you can send to PGI ... please do so ... since they don't seem to believe that hit registration has problems. Personally, I haven't noticed any issues in particular recently but it can be very hard to judge hit registration from the client side due to the requirements of client<->server<->client synchronization.

THIS JUST IN Crappy weapons are less crappy if you BOAT THEM

Back with new news at 7...

Yeah single or even double uac10s and 20s are a waste of tonnage.

#23 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:27 PM

The issue is that if you make Clan UAC's hit like IS ones....it would be abused SO MUCH instead of mounting just one boating would be EVEN worse. Go try a 5 or 6 UAC 5 Direwolf and you will see it is already REALLY bad (or easy). If and When they make IS UAC 10 and 20's tehy better act like Clan or there will be a HUGE balance issue....and NO after thinking on it they shouldn't make Clan UAC's that strong...I mean can you imagine a 4 UAC 20 Daka wolf.....firing with 80 point pin point alphas back to back? YIKES!

Want an idea?.....Here is a close idea.....

At one point I did want ti badly like IS...but IS should be more like us....UAC5 boats for IS are already pretty OP...now that with 10 or 20 points of damage?! Yea no thanks! O.o

Edited by CK16, 22 February 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:45 PM

View PostKBurn85, on 22 February 2016 - 07:19 PM, said:

The larger cACs like AC10 and AC20 requires too much facetime to be useful at the shorter range they were intended for.

Standard Clan AC perhaps, but the UAC10 and 20 are fantastic

#25 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:53 PM

UAC2 terrible
UAC5 ok
UAC10 good
UAC20 wasted tonnage.
(clan listing ^)

Edited by Curccu, 22 February 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#26 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:57 PM

pfff i don't have problems using clan UACs , you guys really need to learn how to lead your targets.

May not be like IS balistics , but drop a lot of lead and faster.

#27 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

Personally, coming from a man who loves ballistics to the point where it gets a bit... WEIRD, I want IS ballistics to be burst fire like Clans. Hell if I know how you'd balance them with Clan ACs (Faster projectile speed? More ammo per ton? Lower cooldowns?) but I ALWAYS believed ACs should fire in bursts. Go back to having beautiful dakka that spews lead and other metals instead of throwing a bowling ball at people.

#28 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

I would make more sense for all ACs to fire in bursts.

But youd have to balance gauss somehow. Make it splash damage or whatever.

#29 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostKhobai, on 22 February 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

I would make more sense for all ACs to fire in bursts.

But youd have to balance gauss somehow. Make it splash damage or whatever.

You do know Gauss rifles fire one SABOT dart that its meant to be pin point....where do you get these ideas? Gauss rifels are already nuttered in the game badly...The skill cap just to make them work is really ******* high compared to other systems....

Edited by CK16, 22 February 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#30 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostKhobai, on 22 February 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

CACs should fire single shots like ISACs

IS ACs should only weigh as much as Clan ACs. Posted Image

Btw, This topic is about UACs, and not ACs.

Ps. The IS UAC5 should weight as much as CUAC5 in4 CUAC5 should fire single shots like the ISUAC5.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 23 February 2016 - 12:25 AM.

#31 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

Idk, clan stuff is suppose to have its distinct advantages in areas and be different and unique from IS. The UAC5 though for clans is far below what the IS UAC5's do....once you guys get RAC's it will make clan UAC'S even more subpar....I do like the idea of IS UAC's acting like Clans just heavier. Also consider that When IS gets thier UAC 20's it will be to freaking Insane and OP. That is why they made clan UAC'S like they did, cause double taping for 20 damage per hit can you imagine that! NOW if a mech had 2 or even 4....refer to video above I post.....you would one shot almost any Light/Medium and take ST's off any mech in a single salvo.....how does that sound for balance..*cringes*

#32 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:04 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 22 February 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

This is why people use cSPLs to brawl, when cERMLs is better than them in every other conceivable way, other than laser duration.

What?

ERML = 7dmg, 6 heat. 1.166 dmg per heat. appalling efficiency. SPL = 6 dmg 3 heat. 2 damage per heat, best efficiency of any laser weapon in MWO. The duration is nice, but its not really why people use them.

#33 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

View Post1Grimbane, on 23 February 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

well there is actually no SABOT as that is an extra casing designed to fit smaller bore projectiles in a larger bore . it does however fire a single nickel-iron SLUG that would incur ZERO splash damage
so yeah gauss is already nerfed with the charge deal so don't turn it into a clan ppc

It is a button I push on a video game that takes a pause before it fires some programmed stuff at other programmed stuff and is really easy to use for some and a terror for others. The rest is nerd speak for "virgin in mommies basement".

#34 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:32 AM

I don't mind the burst mechanic on clan A/Cs, I just wish the burst rounds had a bit tighter grouping and maybe a bit more velocity. It still seems like they are sub optimal.

My old triple C-UA/C5 Ebon Jaguar isn't as effective as my 3 UA/C5 Ilya Muromets (when I was running it).

#35 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:33 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 22 February 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

THIS JUST IN Crappy weapons are less crappy if you BOAT THEM

Back with new news at 7...

Yeah single or even double uac10s and 20s are a waste of tonnage.

THIS JUST IN: All Weapons are improved by boating, for obvious reasons.

Double UAC10s are actually good. very good with a decent size TC for projectile speed boost. Yes, single weapons of any type other than AC20 and Gauss (and (ER)PPC on some mechs) are bad, and have always been bad.

#36 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:01 AM

The hilarious thing about this topic is that the clan UAC-10 is currently the preferred ballistic weapon to mount as singles on CW builds or in high level play. It's actually eclipsed the gauss in terms of overall use on clan mechs. That should tell you something. And UAC-5s are extremely popular for mounting in pairs or above.

If you're finding that these weapons aren't working for you, it's probably you that's the problem.

Edited by ScarecrowES, 23 February 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#37 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 22 February 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

And yet people find the face time for laser vomit acceptable.... You know the burst time is about the same or shorter then the burn time on an ERML right?

Quite fool the underhive requires their worldview to be that laser vomit is superior. Don't disabuse them of that notion.

After all a weapon that you can drag from missing to hitting and still be credited with a hit (even if it's only 2 points of damage near the end of your burn) is clearly 'oh so skillful'

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 23 February 2016 - 03:33 AM, said:

THIS JUST IN: All Weapons are improved by boating, for obvious reasons.

Double UAC10s are actually good. very good with a decent size TC for projectile speed boost. Yes, single weapons of any type other than AC20 and Gauss (and (ER)PPC on some mechs) are bad, and have always been bad.

I found last night through SCIENCE. That the Clan Targeting computer III and the HGN IIC with clan er ppcs and c UAC 10s performed quite well.

In fact it's been the only way I can play the HGN IIcs and feel like it is doing well. It needs PPFLD and twisting to keep up with other mechs.

View PostScarecrowES, on 23 February 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

The hilarious thing about this topic is that the clan UAC-10 is currently the preferred ballistic weapon to mount as singles on CW builds or in high level play. It's actually eclipsed the gauss in terms of overall use on clan mechs. That should tell you something. And UAC-5s are extremely popular for mounting in pairs or above.

If you're finding that these weapons aren't working for you, it's probably you that's the problem.

And again. SHUSH. Let people think it's the weapon that's the problem. The longer they stay with the training wheels of laser vomit, the better.

#38 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 23 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

View PostKBurn85, on 22 February 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

You forgot the range factor. ERMLs are for poking at long ranges. AC10s and 20s are practically unusable at further ranges, not only limited by max range, but by the fact that they shoot 3-4 pellets that you have to lead.

AHHA...hahahaha.

Yeah how about no. ERML's are the clan version of the ISML, which is a workhorse weapon.

They're ment to be decent backup's, and fine as a primary weapon if need be, it's great for increasing damage while in a brawl, or keeping yourself at a lower heat cap while waiting for you to cool off.

They're the generalist's dream weapon, great in almost all situations, but not excelling in any 1 particular area.

Also, since ERML's have a range profile similar to standard ISLL's, they're really more of a medium range weapon [ghasp, you know, like the weapons name would imply] Than a long range poker [that goes to CLPL]

you know, I can't help but laugh at some of the weapon theory's some of you people throw out. It's like, you have 0 concept of how battlemech combat is actually supposed to play out.

#39 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:16 AM

View PostLugh, on 23 February 2016 - 06:06 AM, said:

And again. SHUSH. Let people think it's the weapon that's the problem. The longer they stay with the training wheels of laser vomit, the better.

Sorry... I had the impression this was known to everyone by now. Didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag. But I suppose there will always will be those folks that say, "I suck at it so it must suck."

#40 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:18 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 22 February 2016 - 07:04 PM, said:

Clan AC's are a higher-skill-required autocannon. You have to work on keeping your aim proper.

See, to me clan ACs require less skill, which is why I like them if I'm being really honest lol. Due to the burst fire mechanic you can do some damage even if your aim is off, with an IS AC, you miss, you do zero damage. Clan ACs have potential to do partial damage even if their aim is off a bit because they can adjust and walk the shot in.

ESPECIALLY with UACs

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users