Pgi Should Be Paying Me For Qa At This Point.

25 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:15 AM

From the guy who brought you flamer bug #1.... I bring you flamer bug #2!

Two separate bugs in just a couple days of playing flamers.

Wheres your QA PGI?

Reviewing the video @0:26 you see my torso destroyed but my right arm intact.

I surmise that this is the point where the bug occured.

Edited by Sader325, 24 February 2016 - 02:13 AM.

#2 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:28 AM

It's not a bug, it's a feature called Ghost Flamers™

#3 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:41 AM

Not surprised at this point unfortunately

#4 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostSader325, on 24 February 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

From the guy who brought you flamer bug #1.... I bring you flamer bug #2!

Two separate bugs in just a couple days of playing flamers.

Wheres your QA PGI?

I surmise that this is the point where the bug occured.

QA does not mean that the product will have NO bugs.
Even Space Shuttles had bugs despite BILLIONS for QA.
Fatal, life costing, billion-scrapping bugs.
EVERYTHING has bugs.

QA means that from 100 bugs the developed product has, about ~80-99 get found and addressed before the product reaches productive use.

Compared to many other games, MWO is remarkably stable and low on bugs.

You have perfectionistic demands that I am 100% sure not even you yourself can meet in your work, because NO ONE can (and I suppose for little to no money in return. And in a business context, I don't mean "money" in terms of a couple of bucks, but in terms of 4-5 digits.)

I leave the concluding paragraph out. You can think of it yourself.

Edited by Paigan, 24 February 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:44 AM

Game is just as beta as it was from Day 1, we are testers, and we're paying PGi for shiny new mechs, not QA.

#6 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostMister D, on 24 February 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

Game is just as beta as it was from Day 1, we are testers, and we're paying PGi for shiny new mechs, not QA.

Not exactly wrong either unfortunately. I sincerely doubt half the issues with MWO would exist if PGI ever bothered doing things like I dunno, testing stuff on a live server with players.

If only things like that existed...

A server
that you test things on
with live players

You could call it somethign snazzy like I dunno, a test server.

Then you could get really fancy and even have a place setup to collect feedback from the players on that "test server". If only something like that existed. Kinda of like a website where you can post stuff for PGI to see so you could help them do this kind of stuff and avoid weeks, months, and sometimes years of playing with a broken system. If only something like that existed. You could call it a "forum".

Someone should research the internet and see if that kind of technology is available...

#7 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:08 AM

Not a Flamer bug. The arm remaining after corresponding torso destruction has been around since the beginning. It is far more amusing with better arm weapons than Flamers...

#8 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 24 February 2016 - 03:08 AM, said:

Not a Flamer bug. The arm remaining after corresponding torso destruction has been around since the beginning. It is far more amusing with better arm weapons than Flamers...

Did you even watch the video.

#9 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:24 AM

Yes, although the video shows his right arm destroyed so not sure why he would say it is intact, but meh.

#10 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:26 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 24 February 2016 - 03:24 AM, said:

Yes, although the video shows his right arm destroyed so not sure why he would say it is intact, but meh.

lol...

#11 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:39 AM

Agreed. That is a laughable quality QA report there. No need to wonder why they do not pay him Posted Image

#12 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:46 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 24 February 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

Agreed. That is a laughable quality QA report there. No need to wonder why they do not pay him Posted Image

I'm pretty sure I'm getting trolled here.

#13 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:32 AM

What exactly should we see in this Video?
That the Arm explode (at least on the papermodel) a half sec after the Shoulder? I can clearly see that the Weapons get destroyed at the same time as the shoulder sooo ... whats the point? Too slow Papermodel?
Or that you constantly overheating... with a flamer only build?
Could you explain it a little more? I just dont get it.

#14 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostSader325, on 24 February 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

This bug has been in the game for a few patches. You can lose a torso pretty consistently in a MDD and keep its arm.

#15 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

lol, this issue has nothing to do with flamers and has been around since ... well... I think literally as long as the game has existed. It's presumably a rounding error where the torso has less than one HP remaining, so it dies, but the arm is waiting for the torso to have 0 HP, so the arm "forgets" to fall off. That explanation could be completely wrong, but it's the one I've heard the most. And this bug is so rare that PGI QA would probably never have encountered it. We've reported it multiple times, PGI hasn't responded.

edit: woups, that wasn't even what the OP was talking about. But related, I guess.

Edited by Tarogato, 24 February 2016 - 02:08 PM.

#16 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

What Tarogato said. Rare, but it happens. I've had it happen maybe a dozen times in thousands of matches, it's kind of funny when you look disarmed but aren't.

Edit: I think the last time it happened it actually showed my arm on the paper doll but without that side torso from what I remember and got the torso destroyed voice over. Although I've seen it missing both too yet still having an arm weapon.

Edited by Jack Booted Thug, 24 February 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#17 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

The OP is poorly worded to make the correct point, but the issue he is trying to point out is the heat generated not the floating arm bug (which has been around forever).

The heat bug is not new as I saw mention of it before they made the most recent changes. They apparently either had it in game, but no one saw it due to the lack of flamer use, or they added it when they changed how flamers functioned.

Either way the issue appears to be that when a component (in this case an arm) containing flamers is destroyed it breaks the heat generation see 1:27 in the video. Effectively, flamers generate increased heat the longer they are on continuously. When the component with flamers is destroyed it appears that instead of being counted as off the flamers are still considered to be active (at least as far as the heat counter is concerned). This means that the next time any remaining flamers are fired they generate excessive amounts of heat because of the incorrect counter from the destroyed flamers.

In essence, the bug renders flamers unusable if any other flamers on the mech are destroyed. The floating arm is not the bug in question, but a suggestion as to what might have triggered the heat bug.

#18 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostDegalus, on 24 February 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

That the Arm explode (at least on the papermodel) a half sec after the Shoulder? I can clearly see that the Weapons get destroyed at the same time as the shoulder sooo ... whats the point? Too slow Papermodel?

For me is like Sader325 thinking again he's better than an average player and deserves some special treatment from PGI, for whatever reason at all. At least is how I treat these threads.

Edited by DivineEvil, 24 February 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#19 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostDegalus, on 24 February 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

Pretty sure Sader isn't saying the arm remaining is the bug (correct me if I'm wrong man)... from my point of view he's referencing the fact that if a component is destroyed with a firing flamer on it, the game continues registering it as firing even though it was destroyed. Thus, your flamer cooldown never kicks in and any time you fire them for the rest of the match you will very quickly overheat. It's been reported multiple times now.

#20 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostDivineEvil, on 24 February 2016 - 09:57 AM, said:

For me is like Sader325 thinking again he's better than an average player and deserves some special treatment from PGI, for whatever reason at all. At least is how I treat these threads.

then you should bother reading once in a while ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users