#21 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostMatt2496, on 24 February 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

I'm getting sick and tired of greedy lights (And sometimes mediums) destroying my ability to back up often causing me take a lot more damage than normal. I've even died because of this sort of crap.

So, here's a suggestion:

If an assault or heavy is trying to back up and a light is blocking, the light's leg armor will rip off and serious internal damage will ensue. If the light does it again, the leg will blow off.

You might say that this penalty is harsh. Welp, it's supposed to be harsh. You're job as a light is to scout and harass, not get in other people's way (Specifically assaults and heavies).

Let me know what you think of this suggestion. Also, feel free to add any other suggestions or improvements to this one. Posted Image

Thanks,
Matthew

This penalty makes no sense. Especially since 9 times out of 10, the one blocking you isn't the light mech, but probably the medium/heavy/assault behind you, because light mechs tend to move around the map a lot, and don't usually make it a habit to stop, even if they are behind cover.

As a pilot who uses all weight classes quite often (though I specialize in lights, first, and assaults second), I can confidently say that I've had more big mechs block my light mech from back pedaling, than light mechs blocking my any mech from backpedaling

View PostFupDup, on 24 February 2016 - 09:41 AM, said:

Posted Image

Oh man. Purple CT syndrome was a nightmare in beta testing.

#22 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostFupDup, on 24 February 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

The AssaultWarrior Syndrome™ is strong with this one...

How about when a heavy or assault cockblocks a teammate, do they get any penalty? Don't try to pretend that this is a light-only thing.

Don't agree with this guy on much, but seriously the flooded amount of heavies camping down around you should lose their weapons for blocking paths.

#23 Scarlet Tempest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThule System

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:44 AM

As a light / Medium mech pilot I can say Assaults and Heavies very often will block off paths and just stand there like an idiot. More so than a light standing right behind one of them. Then again I hardly see a light pilot who is standing still since that isn't really what they should be doing.

#24 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 24 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

My OP was hastily written and not well though out. I apologize for that (Not a fake apology). I really do agree with all of you. It's just that I was in this match where I had found this nice trading position on HPG (I was in a heavy). I had gotten there first and this light decided to come up and trade there too. He blocked me and I ended up dying because of it. (Side torso got taken out)

Edited by Matt2496, 24 February 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#25 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostTarogato, on 24 February 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

If you don't have TAG or Narc, and BAP... you're a terrible light pilot. You should also have Adv Sensors and Adv Target Decay to support your team. You should also own a copy of both modules for every light mech that you pilot and they should always be installed.

I seriously hope this is sarcasm....it has to be.

View PostMatt2496, on 24 February 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

My OP was hastily written and not well though out. I apologize for that (Not a fake apology). I really do agree with all of you. It's just that I was in this match where I had found this nice trading position on HPG (I was in a heavy). I had gotten there first and this light decided to come up and trade there too. He blocked me and I ended up dying because of it. (Side torso got taken out)

As long as you are running a XL friendly heavy i really have nothing to say, sometimes s%$t just doesnt go your way. But next time a light is doing that give him a little tickle with a single laser, they think twice most of the time when they realize you dont care about shooting them in the back as a little collateral dmg.

#26 Uncl Munkeh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

I'm getting sick and tired of greedy lights (And sometimes mediums) destroying my ability to back up often causing me take a lot more damage than normal. I've even died because of this sort of crap.

So, here's a suggestion:

If an assault or heavy is trying to back up and a light is blocking, the light's leg armor will rip off and serious internal damage will ensue. If the light does it again, the leg will blow off.

You might say that this penalty is harsh. Welp, it's supposed to be harsh. You're job as a light is to scout and harass, not get in other people's way (Specifically assaults and heavies).

Let me know what you think of this suggestion. Also, feel free to add any other suggestions or improvements to this one. Posted Image

Thanks,
Matthew

Why not just ask PGI to create upvote/downvote for players.

Have it positively or negatively affect something really important to the game play.

#27 Ghost Zero Four

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Knockdown sounds fun, just can't wait for the CW ending in a Group of 12 Kodiak playing American Football

#28 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

So, here's a suggestion:

Thanks,
Matthew

You issue isn't with light mechs it's with terrible team mates. How will this solution of yours help a light mech that gets pinned by a terrible pilot in an assault mech? Or A heavy being 'spooned" by an assault? The issue you have is not isolated to light mech pilots it's a bad pilot trait.

Also dictating the "job" of other mechs and pilots is short sighted. There are many roles a light mech may perform that isn't a scout or harasser.

Kitfox? not a good scout it's to slow to escape enemy lights, It's also to slow to fight enemy light harassers if it becomes outnumbered and isolated. So what does a kitfox do well? it's a line support mech that excels at defending friendly assault mechs from enemy harassers.

Raven 3L er large laser build? This is neither a scout or a harasser it's a fire support "sniper" mech. It should not be close to the enemy if it can be helped.

PPC armed Panthers? also not a close in brawler or a dedicated scout.

LRM armed Adders? (don't scoff 2 LRM15 2 ER mediums and a TAG is a nice little support platform)

#29 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 24 February 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Listen to this guy ^^^^. He is a pro, always has 3 mechs left in CW at the end of the match. Always last to die in solo que, if he dies even on a loss... usually just hides until time runs out.

Lol who are you ? Let me remember
A guy who lose with his 10' premade vs pugs and put the fault to the 2 pugs who dropped with you :) ?

Topic warrior tier 1 happy with 300 damage who talk **** about people who get 600 okay okay bro dont play in pugland if you cant handle with it :)

#30 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 24 February 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

Yeah, lights that get 5 kills and deal 800 damage are terrible players if you are not using TAG and spotting for your LRM Assaults.

Get with the program, people!

Can verify. This happens about every other play session for me.

Last night I was genuinely raged at because I wasn't doing my "job" scouting and capping. On HPG. Playing Assault.

#31 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 February 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 24 February 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Lol who are you ? Let me remember
A guy who lose with his 10' premade vs pugs and put the fault to the 2 pugs who dropped with you Posted Image ?

Topic warrior tier 1 happy with 300 damage who talk **** about people who get 600 okay okay bro dont play in pugland if you cant handle with it Posted Image

You've been reported for non-participation multiple times. This morning on alpine where you hid the last 6 minutes in a 90+% shadowcat against 2 heavily damaged opponents until time ran out, didn't try to cap and purposely avoided engagement is another example, and yes, we reported you for non-participation as per usual with you. KDR is meaningless to just about everyone but you.

The team cringes with you as a teamate on attack mode in CW, we are basically down a player going in the gate, as you sit outside "sniping" all match every match. Lost a couple of really close matches that could have been wins if we had a 12th player with us sharing armor and doing some focused damage.

If this game had a block player feature you would number 1, 2, and 3 on my list.

#32 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:07 PM

Remember:
1) all mechs go forwards faster than they can in reverse
2) reversing takes time
1) + 2) = 3) if exposed to enemy fire, instead of reversing you should push towards the next cover
4) if you can't see any cover in front of you, then learn to read the map before charging ahead!

#33 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

Just switch on any noticable collision damage other than paint scratchings and things (like facehugging or blocking) will sort out themselves.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,926 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

i remember back when they tried enabling collisions. many light mechs were stepped on, alot, and they died. much hilarity ensued. the fix was reverted in the very next patch.

how it should have worked. a heavy mech should be able to push the little mech out of the way. the amount of push depends on the difference in mass, a little mech can never push a big mech. secondarily the engine rating, mechs with bigger engines can push harder. its about a 3:2 ratio between mass and engine. if two mechs collide at high speed, they should bounce off of eachother and stumble a little (without falling over). collisions of any kind result in severe screen shake to encourage pilots not to run into each other. mech crunch should be reduced as much as possible, so you dont step on your ecm mech while trying to dodge a ppc, and if you do it doesn't die.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 February 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#35 Homeskilit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 523 posts
  • LocationFlanking

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

Bigger mechs should be able to push smaller mechs out of the way.

Damn I got ninja'd while I was in a game, gg LordNothing

Edited by Homeskilit, 24 February 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#36 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

i remember back when they tried enabling collisions. many light mechs were stepped on, alot, and they died. much hilarity ensued. the fix was reverted in the very next patch.

how it should have worked. a heavy mech should be able to push the little mech out of the way. the amount of push depends on the difference in mass, a little mech can never push a big mech. secondarily the engine rating, mechs with bigger engines can push harder. its about a 3:2 ratio between mass and engine. if two mechs collide at high speed, they should bounce off of eachother and stumble a little (without falling over). collisions of any kind result in severe screen shake to encourage pilots not to run into each other. mech crunch should be reduced as much as possible, so you dont step on your ecm mech while trying to dodge a ppc, and if you do it doesn't die.

The amount of damage done in the collision shoud depend on relative speeds and, frankly, to avoid those autodieing lights, be added step-by-step, bit-by-bit with every patch to give players time to get used to accurate piloting (yes, collisions with terrain also count) and to see where the things will settle themselves.

#37 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostLugh, on 24 February 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

Knockdowns solve all this.

Lights will stay away from dogpiling on teammates as they are the most likely to be knocked down.
Mediums same deal
Heavies same deal
Assaults meh if you are getting knocked down by a 69kph assault you are doing it wrong.

Further this is solved by training yourselves to not play peek and poke warrior online.

I am always saddened to see a deathball end up formed because of people backing away from the tiniest amount of return fire. That ball shrinks in on itself with only a few brave souls attempting to hold the line until its all over.

The least aggressive team mostly loses.

You might spend some time studying armored warfare treatises written in the second world war to learn the value of armored mobility.

Knockdowns for life. Knockdowns for victory. Knockdowns for Peace.

Won't work. Anyone who actually knows how to pilot a light already avoids collisions because we need all the leg armor we can spare. Problem is people who do not know how to pilot their lights.

#38 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostRevis Volek, on 24 February 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

I seriously hope this is sarcasm....it has to be.

As long as you are running a XL friendly heavy i really have nothing to say, sometimes s%$t just doesnt go your way. But next time a light is doing that give him a little tickle with a single laser, they think twice most of the time when they realize you dont care about shooting them in the back as a little collateral dmg.

If you're running an XL in a heavy, and you're standing in FRONT of a light, and then decide it would be cute to shoot said light in the leg, for *reasons*, then don't act surprised when said light pilot "tests" your rear ST armor for integrity via a full alpha.

Or, alternately, instead of being a full d-bag about it, maybe you could just jump on comms, and oh, I dunno, just ask said pilot to move? Much less theatrical I know, but could probably work pretty well. You know, comms? Voip? Ever try it?

Edited by OldOrgandonor, 24 February 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#39 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 24 February 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

You've been reported for non-participation multiple times. This morning on alpine where you hid the last 6 minutes in a 90+% shadowcat against 2 heavily damaged opponents until time ran out, didn't try to cap and purposely avoided engagement is another example, and yes, we reported you for non-participation as per usual with you. KDR is meaningless to just about everyone but you.

The team cringes with you as a teamate on attack mode in CW, we are basically down a player going in the gate, as you sit outside "sniping" all match every match. Lost a couple of really close matches that could have been wins if we had a 12th player with us sharing armor and doing some focused damage.

If this game had a block player feature you would number 1, 2, and 3 on my list.

Hehe i dont care about you at all :) and i wasnt hiding
This is sniper rolefare stop crying, stop bitching and more important stop TKing.

One thing to add Posted Image
You can report what you want about non participation with my 4 kills 600ish damage its funny that a progamer like you is convincted you did a good work with 1 kill and 300ish damage.
Really funny but in fact so frequent....

Yea next time i will do the 6 kills 800ish damage and you will keep crying about me but .. who are you ? nothing
You talk about blocking me but you will respond to this hahaha.

#40 WazOfOz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • Locationnot the arse hole of the world, but I can see it from here

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

or they could bring back "knock down" that forced lighter mechs to keep their distance.
without a lot of damage being done.

Edited by WazOfOz, 24 February 2016 - 09:06 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users