96 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostCaptainNapalm, on 25 February 2016 - 07:45 PM, said:

Hey I plan on being just as mediocre as I ever have been. If some dude that knows his mech blows my ****** inside out, good on him. That's his job. Some over weight, neck beard, skid mark gets off head shotting or what ever because hes got 4 years computer programming and an inferiority complex that's just a pee off. Ban him for life so I can measure my lameness against an actual skilled player base.

Well said. To bad about the personal insults but well said.

Edited by Johnny Z, 25 February 2016 - 08:41 PM.

#22 Warlord Derek Smart Kerensky

• Pip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 February 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

If it's anything like last time they will do an amnesty program. Hopefully they will again. As much as you hate cheaters I understand people make mistakes. I am guessing you would even get a few people who were not even on the ban list to just stop doing this too.

Just because your clan mechs feel like cheating doesn't mean you are Posted Image

Only people who want an amnesty program are cheaters. Ban the account make them start from scratch. They need to be punished and lose everything. What kind of message does it send when you let cheaters get off scott free? It sends the message that if you cheat as long as you admit it you get to keep everything. Then more people decide to cheat because Hey as long as I admit I cheat when I get caught I won't lose anything.

It's stupid plain and simple. Do the crime, do the time.

#23 MadcatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

View PostWarlord Derek Smart Kerensky, on 25 February 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Only people who want an amnesty program are cheaters. Ban the account make them start from scratch. They need to be punished and lose everything. What kind of message does it send when you let cheaters get off scott free? It sends the message that if you cheat as long as you admit it you get to keep everything. Then more people decide to cheat because Hey as long as I admit I cheat when I get caught I won't lose anything.

I liked how the game H1Z1 would permit cheaters to be unbanned:

http://kotaku.com/h1...t-un-1705865079

#24 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:52 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 25 February 2016 - 09:39 PM, said:

I liked how the game H1Z1 would permit cheaters to be unbanned:

http://kotaku.com/h1...t-un-1705865079

Good stuff there

I might go buy that game just b/c of this, and I don't even like survival games.

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 26 February 2016 - 01:53 AM.

#25 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:02 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 25 February 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Why the hell do you all have such a hard on for this alleged incoming ban? You do realise that if you are a mediocre or just plain bad player, you will still be bad after the fact right?

It's got nothing to do with being bad or not. I'm bad and even if I was the only remaining player in the game that would not change. I know and Accept this. I still want cheaters to pay the consequences of their actions though because I simply don't like cheating, how good or bad they would be without their cheats is irrelevant. You play by the rules or you GTFO. End of story.

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 26 February 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#26 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 February 2016 - 07:55 PM, said:

Can we ban everyone who obsesses over "banwaves?"

Yes, gotta protect cheaters from being known, that would just be inhumane. Think of the children!

#27 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:13 AM

ban cheaters with full force.

A single cheater ruins the game experience of a huge number of players every game he/she uses his cheats. If you think about how long he/she might have used the cheat those are ALOT of people. Every single ruined game experience becuase of cheaters is too much.

I can only guess the number of people stoped playing because of this.

Cheaters need to go!

Edited by Daelen Rottiger, 26 February 2016 - 03:33 AM.

#28 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:23 AM

There's a new Mech to sell.

Hence, Town Hall.

Some padding about March Road Map will be added to make it less obvious.

#29 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 25 February 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

There is a podcast tomorrow evening right? Maybe the ban wave is tomorrow? Followed by a podcast?

If not what could be the podcasts content???

Surely they are just banning as and when found now, rather than waiting for a batch to go "oooh, we did a thing" with?

#30 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 26 February 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

Surely they are just banning as and when found now, rather than waiting for a batch to go "oooh, we did a thing" with?

If I'm right everyone that replied in this topic owes me 1 million creds. :) If not I will make a public apology for being wrong, again. :)

Ok and if the exact date of the ban wave is announced during the podcast its a draw. :) I miss half these podcasts anyway, I will definitely try not to miss this one. Really. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 26 February 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#31 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:22 AM

If you have had 14 losses in a row and finally snap and chew out your team, that I could regard as a mistake but actively hunting for third party software, installing it and learning to use it, that is not in the spur of the moment. No amnesty for such I say.

#32 VorpalAnvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 724 posts
  • LocationThe Cantillon Brewery

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 26 February 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

It's got nothing to do with being bad or not. I'm bad and even if I was the only remaining player in the game that would not change. I know and Accept this. I still want cheaters to pay the consequences of their actions though because I simply don't like cheating, how good or bad they would be without their cheats is irrelevant. You play by the rules or you GTFO. End of story.

My point is that a large portion those who seem to believe so vociferously that there is massive endemic cheating going on by every third T1 player and especially by the top tier comp teams are mostly average and **** tier pilots themselves and therefore the least able to reliably report it. The last ban wave of 64 or so had one well known high tier player and otherwise largely consisted of average and far below average players. I personally get accused of hacking about once a week, but I'm hardly the greatest pilot around. Despite the fact that time and time again anecdotal evidence presented on these very forums is exposed for the cryharding that it really is, the fantasy persists that cheaters, hackers and aimbotters are hiding behind every tree, boulder and building in this game. But all the terribads only lose all the time because muh evil tryhard haxxxoors mlg crowd, amirite?

I'm all for fairness, but I'm also sick to death of the false accusations and paranoia you idiots foster here. The penalty for falsely accusing some one of hacking should be the same as for hacking itself.

Edited by VorpalAnvil, 26 February 2016 - 05:34 AM.

#33 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

Did you just call me a cheater? .....

Sounds like you're young and just dont understand how the world works. I will try to give you the basics how why they do these
The over all goal is to stop cheating correct? PGI as much as they say will only find very few players cheating most will be from editing files or other actions they can detect. So in the end they will ban 50ish people. You then have an "amnesty" program to hopefully stop maybe another 50. Then after this all you have is the fear to stop the others.

If you asked what message it sends. Its sends a very good message for a company. Even in real life you have different levels of punishment. Someone cheating everyday to me isnt the same as the guy who used it once. If the guy who used it once sends a letter to pgi saying he will never use it again than im ok with this. PGI most likely didn't even know he used it once anyway.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 26 February 2016 - 05:48 AM.

#34 ELETTRO

• PipPip
  • The Demon
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

Cheats and cheaters kills the game , in every way.
No mercy , no discount.
And i would like to know every1 that have cheated there , can PGI make 'wall of infamous?'

Edited by ELETTRO, 26 February 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#35 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:15 AM

wall of shame :D

#36 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostVorpalAnvil, on 26 February 2016 - 05:23 AM, said:

My point is that a large portion those who seem to believe so vociferously that there is massive endemic cheating going on by every third T1 player and especially by the top tier comp teams are mostly average and **** tier pilots themselves and therefore the least able to reliably report it. The last ban wave of 64 or so had one well known high tier player and otherwise largely consisted of average and far below average players. I personally get accused of hacking about once a week, but I'm hardly the greatest pilot around. Despite the fact that time and time again anecdotal evidence presented on these very forums is exposed for the cryharding that it really is,

I honestly do not give a damn what tier a cheater may be, nor do I believe it's more common in high tiers than in tier 5. Nor have I ever in fact accused anyone of hacking or cheating in game. I'm busy With my own playing, dammit. I don't have the time to check what anyone else is doing while I'm getting my face shot off. I trust PGI to find the cheaters out there, no matter the tier, and I expect them to get the same boot on the arse no matter the tier.

I don't expect there to be a huge number either as I don't think the cheating problem is as prevalent in MWO as in bigger games in any event, but those who _do_ cheat _should_ suffer for it nevertheless.

the fantasy persists that cheaters, hackers and aimbotters are hiding behind every tree, boulder and building in this game. But all the terribads only lose all the time because muh evil tryhard haxxxoors mlg crowd, amirite?

Nope. I lose because I ****** up. Or in rare occasions because someone else ****** up. But mostly because I ****** up. I **** up regularly, by the way.

I'm all for fairness, but I'm also sick to death of the false accusations and paranoia you idiots foster here. The penalty for falsely accusing some one of hacking should be the same as for hacking itself.

Accusations should be sent to PGI using the systems set up for that so that they can investigate properly. Accusing a specific person on the forums is against the name and shame policy and not something you will see me do, and I hope not something any sensible person would do. The only time names should be named are when PGI has investigated the case and decide to release the identities of those determined to be guilty, and for those people I have no sympathy. They broke the rules, they paid for it. Case closed.

#37 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:05 AM

#38 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 25 February 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

A lot of people like to think that all the best units are primarily good because they use cheats.

not all just a few... last wave there was a unit with 3 dudes on that list... I want to see if the trend continues...

#39 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

I GOT IT! He's going to either announce the Mad Cat MK II or the Urbanmech IIC!

#40 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 25 February 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

If it's anything like last time they will do an amnesty program. Hopefully they will again. As much as you hate cheaters I understand people make mistakes. I am guessing you would even get a few people who were not even on the ban list to just stop doing this too.

Just because your clan mechs feel like cheating doesn't mean you are Posted Image

So weird...

BECAUSE it feels like I am cheating when I am using my IS mechs... Far easier heat management(larger caps) more room for small errors, Far faster rates of fire (shorter burn times and more cap space to fire more often).

Huh. I guess perspective matters.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users