111 replies to this topic

#101 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:24 PM

Well the good news it sounds like I got time to almost make a full CAD model of the Mad Cat Mk.II now before they release such a mech. Sounds like years possibly. But we will see.

#102 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostCK16, on 26 February 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

Well the good news it sounds like I got time to almost make a full CAD model of the Mad Cat Mk.II now before they release such a mech. Sounds like years possibly. But we will see.

I'll be happy to provide you with feed back, I'll even send you my E-mail if you want more privet feed back on it during the refinement process.

#103 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:31 PM

Sounds good! Would be sweet to get something modeled up and it ends up influencing the Art work and model in game. I am still looking forward to when they can release them but at this rate of 12 a year and they want to get ALL the pre 3053 Chassis? We wont ever get some of the fun chassis till 2030 xD

#104 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:33 PM

View PostCK16, on 26 February 2016 - 09:31 PM, said:

Sounds good! Would be sweet to get something modeled up and it ends up influencing the Art work and model in game. I am still looking forward to when they can release them but at this rate of 12 a year and they want to get ALL the pre 3053 Chassis? We wont ever get some of the fun chassis till 2030 xD

I doubt they will do all the mechs in the time frame, likely just important ones, and the remaining unseens.

#105 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 February 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

I doubt they will do all the mechs in the time frame, likely just important ones, and the remaining unseens.

How many roughly we got left of those before they should start looking to 3055+ chassis?
like 12 more or we talking like 24 to 36?

#106 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

sarna says production year 3066

Sarna also doesn't list 3 of the mauler variants we have currently... (because they don't exist!)

Also, according to the "Timeline" (which the year is supposedly 3052, after TWO TIMELINE RESETS) we shouldn't even see the cauldron born or shadowcat yet in the InnerSphere.

Timeline argument is moot.

#107 Vossiewulf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSan Mateo, CA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

Since I'm still new this has probably been discussed before, but I don't understand why they don't farm out the mech (and map for that matter) modeling and rigging to the player base. They still decide what the internals and quirks look like (which means total control of the functional aspects) and the models still have to meet their requirements for look and animation, but they move a goodly portion of the required work to people who would do it for free as it would be fun, not work.

Which would mean more mechs, faster. Ditto maps. All they'd need to do is publish the specs and the recommended tools and workflows, I'd be willing to bet there are at least a couple dozen folks who'd be fully qualified to take a run at a project like that, maybe more.

#108 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 27 February 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

Sarna also doesn't list 3 of the mauler variants we have currently... (because they don't exist!)

Well the MX90 that we have is really the DCMS-MX90-D Dobuku or how ever you spell it, the failed prototype of the Mauler...

#109 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 27 February 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

Well the MX90 that we have is really the DCMS-MX90-D Dobuku or how ever you spell it, the failed prototype of the Mauler...

which isn't a mauler. PGI fudged it because getting the mech was more fun and more important than pretending we have to wait three years for it.

#110 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:37 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

which isn't a mauler. PGI fudged it because getting the mech was more fun and more important than pretending we have to wait three years for it.

But it is, in universe Lutherin Armor Works, the creators of the Mauler changed the name once the CASE issue had been fixed to get away from the stigma of the failed prototype.

#111 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

While we are on it....

Please vote and comment if you will Posted Image

http://mwomercs.com/...mkii-cosmetics/

#112 CK16