#121 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

It has PPC quirks, why wouldent you use PPC's?

Low mounted hardpoints. That 1E that's slightly ontop isn't "enough" (need 2 minimum).

#122 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:50 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 February 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Not really, if there is a heavy PPC boat that I would be worried about, it is the WHM-6R with 4 PPCs.

So your more worried about a mech that doesnt have a 30 alpha in case things get close under 90m, cant combine that 30 alpha with your PPC's, doesnt move as fast, and has less structure and armor. ok.

Warhammer is a great mech, but honestly, imo, that is a bad build.

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#123 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:52 PM

I ran mine like this.

#124 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:53 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 February 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

Low mounted hardpoints. That 1E that's slightly ontop isn't "enough" (need 2 minimum).

We all know Black Knight has low mounted hardpoints. I even stated that all of the PPC's were in the arms in the original post on purpose so that you could shoot at targets above you. Learn to read?

#125 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:50 PM, said:

So your more worried about a mech that doesnt have a 30 alpha in case things get close under 90m

No, because this is a team game, the chances of a mech getting within 90m, is a light, and if you are grouped with the rest of your team, that should spell death for it. Solo queue doesn't count, which is where minimum range really hurts PPC mechs, and occasionally group queue. Having a 40 alpha is also really important.

The speed is also no worse than a BK with a 325 XL, so it really isn't that slow, certainly not Gauss Jager slow.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 February 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#126 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

No, because this is a team game, the chances of a mech getting within 90m, is a light, and if you are grouped with the rest of your team, that should spell death for it.

The speed is also no worse than a BK with a 325 XL, so it really isn't that slow, certainly not Gauss Jager slow.

What depresses me most is that the Awesome is still a worse PPC mech than most of the others with even a modicum of PPC quirks.

#127 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

No, because this is a team game, the chances of a mech getting within 90m, is a light, and if you are grouped with the rest of your team, that should spell death for it. Solo queue doesn't count, which is where minimum range really hurts PPC mechs, and occasionally group queue. Having a 40 alpha is also really important.

Spin it however you want, 3 PPC 6 meds is a stronger build overall on its own. 4 PPC's has too many limitations, and your relying on the rest of your team for it to be good. Your basically admitting the build sucks unless your with a good team.

No thanks. 12 3 PPC 6 med Black Knights would win every single time against a team with 12 4 PPC Black Knights. Good day sir.

If you were any good at the game, you would understand a stronger build for every situation that could arise in a comp match could mean the game. If you are 1 vs 1 against a mech thats under 90m at the end of the match and you lose because you cant fight back because your PPC's cant hit back well then you lost the game.

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 08:16 PM.

#128 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:26 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

4 PPC's has too many limitations, and your relying on the rest of your team for it to be good.

A lot of builds are like that.....that's kind of the point of specializing.

No thanks. 12 3 PPC 6 med Black Knights would win every single time against a team with 12 4 PPC Black Knights. Good day sir.

You know what wins over both, 3 LPL-5 ML vomit Black Knights, so this conversation is moot either way.

If you were any good at the game, you would understand a stronger build for every situation that could arise in a comp match could mean the game.

If you were as good at the game as you claim, you would know this often isn't the case. Particular strats may be strong (ERML/Gauss vomit days of dominating the mid range game), but that doesn't mean they aren't specialized either.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 February 2016 - 08:29 PM.

#129 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:27 PM

Town hall: Minor tweeks to PPC speed and heat generation.

Yay!

#130 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 26 February 2016 - 08:27 PM, said:

Town hall: Minor tweeks to PPC speed and heat generation.

Yay!

See, everyones complaining got results. hah = D

#131 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

You know what wins over both, 3 LPL-5 ML vomit Black Knights, so this conversation is moot either way.

No no. You mean you understand your argument has failed, you realize the 4 PPC Warhammer build sucks in comparison so now your saying you want to change mechs to win the argument. Well sorry, your argument already failed. Too late. You lose. Good day sir.

#132 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

You mean you understand your argument has failed, you realize the 4 PPC Warhammer build sucks.

The 4 PPC Whammy is better than your build, whether you want to admit it or not is not my concern because I already know how this conversation is going to end.

That said, mid range laser vomit is still much stronger than heavily quirked PPC boats (or at least the current ones).

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 February 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#133 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

We all know Black Knight has low mounted hardpoints. I even stated that all of the PPC's were in the arms in the original post on purpose so that you could shoot at targets above you. Learn to read?

You're still hitting terrain when it matters most.

#134 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 26 February 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Really? So you honestly think that the 3 LPL-5 ML build is superior in every situation on every single map in this game? lol. You and I both know the biggest advantage in comp matches is range. If you can get the range advantage and score more damage than the other team earlier you have higher chances of winning. PPC has a higher range than a LPL. Your build may be superior in brawling range, but the PPC build has the range advantage. Pro players will take advantage of that and you will take damage earlier from the PPC's.

View PostDeathlike, on 26 February 2016 - 08:39 PM, said:

You're still hitting terrain when it matters most.

Incorrect, only bad players shoot into terrain. Pro players shoot when they are clear of terrain, because they know the height of there weapons on the mech they are piloting.

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#135 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,659 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

Really? So you honestly think that the 3 LPL-5 ML build is superior in every situation on every single map in this game?

No, but do you honestly think the 3 PPC-6 ML variant is?

Incorrect, only bad players shoot into terrain. Pro players shoot when they are clear of terrain, because they know the height of there weapons on the mech they are piloting.

This is you missing the point.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 26 February 2016 - 08:46 PM.

#136 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

I don't know why but my BL-7-KNT does the best of them and it has the lowest alpha. It's not even my favorite one but it runs LL and is a lot cooler than my LPL BK's. Color me surprised. Maybe it's because I almost never need to chainfire it. I don't play it any different than the others. Having a lower hps and higher heat cap might mean more consistent damage or something but I can't argue with the performance. I certainly don't feel at a disadvantage to the other variants or other builds. If you minimize your disadvantages of your builds when you play and it works then great. Like an all LRM Mad Dog with only a Tag that never has anyone close on them and murders people is fine if you can always position yourself well and your team isn't ****, same with any mech. Does that mean it's a great build or mech? No.

If you can use a build or mech and not be a detriment to your team then I think that's what it all boils down to. If you run a 30 alpha BK and you have good damage and kills during a match and win often then it really doesn't matter. Different people have different "bests". I don't think this thread benefits from trashing on people that don't use your build if they have another that works for them. In a duel, yes you can say under certain circumstances one would win over under another but that really doesn't matter. If it's dumb but it works, it isn't dumb.

#137 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

Good players will take advantage of your poor positioning because you had to account for the terrain to fire your weapons.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 February 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#138 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 February 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

Good players will take advantage of your poor positioning because you had to account for the terrain to fire your weapons.

Agreed. Takes more skill to be the best at your own mech than to worry about the enemies shots coming at you when you reveal yourself though.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users