ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostLugh, on 26 February 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Now listen Sonny. I started using PPCs on the Catapult k2. I didn't wait until the Awesome. Git off my lawn.

:P

https://upload.wikim...ption_cover.jpg

Sonny.

#82 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:30 AM

Bishop,

Do NOT make me go into the attic and get my moldy old Battledroids box out. I'm to old and stupid try figure out how to get the picture on the computer, and I will feel even dumber askin one of the neighbor kids to do it for me.

Whipper snapper.

#83 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 26 February 2016 - 11:30 AM, said:

Bishop,

Do NOT make me go into the attic and get my moldy old Battledroids box out. I'm to old and stupid try figure out how to get the picture on the computer, and I will feel even dumber askin one of the neighbor kids to do it for me.

Whipper snapper.

You show me yours, I'll show you mine........ And still beat you to the jello, gramps!

#84 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

http://www.dakkadakk...3806.jpg__thumb

Posted Image Posted Image

My Cardboard cutouts beat your cheesy 16bit graphics anyday :)

Edited by Lugh, 26 February 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#85 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:47 AM

View PostLugh, on 26 February 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

http://www.dakkadakk...3806.jpg__thumb

Posted Image Posted Image

My Cardboard cutouts beat your cheesy 16bit graphics anyday :)

Posted Image

#86 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 11:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

Now I really will need to go out and see if I can find it. That looks to be in great shape by the way.
If I find mine, I will get out the ole Brownie and try and git ya a picture.

#87 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

Back on topic,

It sure sounds like most of you really do not try and use PPCs even when a mech is quirked for it (Bishop excepted of course). I was being a bit serious above in my comment regarding snipe fests at higher levels of play (those videos I have watched of competitive matches seem to be little more than really accurate poking and positioning matches). It woul seem like PPCs are perfect for that type of play. Is the hit reg issue and/or heat just that big of a factor? Legitimately curious. Thanks

(Full disclosure: I only run PPCs or ERPPCs if the mech has velocity and/or heat quirks AND at least 1 decent high hard point for em. For me I find that the hit detection just seems way off. But I have been told repeatedly by others that this is an illusion and there is nothing wrong with PPC hit detection).

#88 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 26 February 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Back on topic,

It sure sounds like most of you really do not try and use PPCs even when a mech is quirked for it (Bishop excepted of course). I was being a bit serious above in my comment regarding snipe fests at higher levels of play (those videos I have watched of competitive matches seem to be little more than really accurate poking and positioning matches). It woul seem like PPCs are perfect for that type of play. Is the hit reg issue and/or heat just that big of a factor? Legitimately curious. Thanks

(Full disclosure: I only run PPCs or ERPPCs if the mech has velocity and/or heat quirks AND at least 1 decent high hard point for em. For me I find that the hit detection just seems way off. But I have been told repeatedly by others that this is an illusion and there is nothing wrong with PPC hit detection).

Hit detection on them is no worse than any other weapon system in this game. I set my particles to low which helps I think. Everyone else is just a drama queen. I take PPC's competitively when it makes sense or when I feel like it. Took my dual erppc dual guass 4ersmall Dire Wolf to my last MRBC match.

#89 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Hit detection on them is no worse than any other weapon system in this game. I set my particles to low which helps I think. Everyone else is just a drama queen. I take PPC's competitively when it makes sense or when I feel like it. Took my dual erppc dual guass 4ersmall Dire Wolf to my last MRBC match.

Something tells me, the Gauss was the bigger part of that.
PPCs second.

#90 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 February 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Something tells me, the Gauss was the bigger part of that.
PPCs second.

Well we got Khobai over here pullin over 1200 with his triple erppc Warhawk in the pub que. I can easily pull 400-900 with this Black Knight. IDK what problems your having with PPC's cause I dont see it.

#91 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,663 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Well we got Khobai over here pullin over 1200 with his triple erppc Warhawk in the pub que.

And I can pull 1200 in a Mauler with an XL 325 with 6 LPLs, doesn't mean it is the best mech ever.....

#92 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:18 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 26 February 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Back on topic,

My experience with PPCs is that they're incredibly fun, but if you need to hillpoke or the person you're shooting at is hillpoking, expect a stupid amount of your shots to hit an invisible wall right above the ground as lasers pass straight through the same space. Hooray for stupidly large projectiles!

#93 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

The low mountedness of the energy hardpoints piss me off to no end. I tried something like this, and hills were OP.

Grasshoppers would actually be better for this, except for the very fact PPC quirks were a joke on them (these quirks existed on initial debut, obviously removed because they were laughably useless), so it wasn't even a consideration.

As long as we confuse mechs that have quirks with them, when the weapon system totally relies on quirks to be useful, tells you all you need to know how messed up it is.

Besides, Warhawks already have CERPPC arm quirks just as well. Gee, I wonder.

#94 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:29 PM

Well we got Khobai over here pullin over 1200 with his triple erppc Warhawk in the pub que. I can easily pull 400-900 with this Black Knight. IDK what problems your having with PPC's cause I dont see it.

Alwrath. I tried to warn you. Seems it fel on deaf ears
Regardless how good you claim this build to be, you just spund like a massive douchebag. Its just a game mate remember that.

#95 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

And I can get One Shot Two Kills with a PPC (close enough)
Posted Image

This does not change the fact they're entirely mediocre weapons.
They are too hot to use at close range, but too slow to be used at long range.

Note the SINGLE ERPPC pushing me to my heat cap.

Edited by Mcgral18, 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#96 Nauht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 26 February 2016 - 03:18 PM, said:

Hooray for stupidly large projectiles!

hehe.. you weren't there for when the projectiles were literally as big as a light mech torso. They were so big they'd usually hit two hitboxes, CT+ST or ST+arm.

But PPC's are fun and they're the most iconic weapons in the BT universe.

I never run my MADs and WHMs without them....ever. The Unseen are my BT holy grail... but outside of those I gotta admit I won't rely on them as a mainstay weapon. Laser, unfortunately outdpses them as you can't fire them continuously and cos of the long recharge time.

#97 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostFade Akira, on 26 February 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

Alwrath. I tried to warn you. Seems it fel on deaf ears
Regardless how good you claim this build to be, you just spund like a massive douchebag. Its just a game mate remember that.

lol wat? Were having a conversation here about match scores with PPC's. How does a match score make me sound like a douschebag???

#98 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostNauht, on 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

hehe.. you weren't there for when the projectiles were literally as big as a light mech torso. They were so big they'd usually hit two hitboxes, CT+ST or ST+arm.

But PPC's are fun and they're the most iconic weapons in the BT universe.

I never run my MADs and WHMs without them....ever. The Unseen are my BT holy grail... but outside of those I gotta admit I won't rely on them as a mainstay weapon. Laser, unfortunately outdpses them as you can't fire them continuously and cos of the long recharge time.

I've been on and off ever since open beta came out, just never bothered making a forum account until recently. PPCs are easily some of my favorite weapons in the Battletech universe, so it makes me really sad how painful it is to force them to work in MW:O. I'll either get good with them, or drop back to T3. Win-win for me.

#99 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 February 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

And I can get One Shot Two Kills with a PPC (close enough)
Posted Image

This does not change the fact they're entirely mediocre weapons.
They are too hot to use at close range, but too slow to be used at long range.

Note the SINGLE ERPPC pushing me to my heat cap.

I have no problems hitting targets at long range with erppc's even clan unquirked. I can hit targets at 1600 meters with my Dire Wolf. I will agree erppc's are a little hot. Im going to leave out the " L2P " statement this time.

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#100 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:50 PM

View PostMystere, on 26 February 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

Dang it! I'm trying to get a Kodiak pack and you're absolutely helpingl! Posted Image

Fixed that for you again. Jeez these typos =P

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users