#61 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:41 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Glad you were entertained. It was a joke honestly.

You would have to not jam 6 times in a row and take up more facetime and not move at 81 kph to reach the 90 " triple semi alpha " this BK can do. Heck if I use coolshot I could dps out 120 dmg and probably have less face time than the yager.

But I will agree with you the yager DD is an excellent build, and great at peeking, I honestly dont think they should be compared, they are 2 different mechs that do 2 different things.

You do realize 1 person on a forum does not make a fact not true.

Ive put more time than most into this silly game. I have over 180 mechs built and ready to go clan/is.

I spent around a year on unemployment playing this game every single day for hours, not including all my other play time. I know how the game works my friend. I know how to play. I know how to build mechs.

I have chosen to share a deadly mech build with the community, I dont know why everyone is so salty.

I don't think its so much what you have said, but the way you have been saying it matey.

Then again, these are internet forums. Expecting entirely rational responses is a bit of a stretch.

#62 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:50 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 26 February 2016 - 07:41 AM, said:

I don't think its so much what you have said, but the way you have been saying it matey.

Then again, these are internet forums. Expecting entirely rational responses is a bit of a stretch.

Its my forum, and ill be cheeky if I want to )

#63 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

u r all bad 4 not using Kodiaks.

View PostVashramire, on 25 February 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

Fixed that for you.

Dang it! I'm trying to hold off getting a Kodiak pack and you're not helping at all! Posted Image

#64 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:54 AM

Lame build is lame, you might as well bring 4 PPCs alone, its not like you should alpha 3 anyway due to Ghost heat.

#65 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 February 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

Lame build is lame, you might as well bring 4 PPCs alone, its not like you should alpha 3 anyway due to Ghost heat.

Um no. The 6 medium lasers is a 30 alpha, and can be used when a mech is under 90m. Trust me the build needs them, its what makes this mech deadly. Also you can combine it with the PPC's and do a 60 " semi alpha "

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#66 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

I realize y'all are talking about "meta" and that means us scrubs should be mindful of our betters and keep our opinions to ourselves, but I never was one to do this so, in that spirit:

The PPC BK is one of my 2 std engine builds. I run it with a std 300, AMS, 2PPC and 7SPL, near max armor and the rest DHS. Great brawler. Only overheats on the hottest maps and best part, I am pretty sure it aint even sniffing at a "meta" build. Okay actually the best part is that once you close within minimum PPC range you can fire all the SPLs forever.

This build may be less than optimum in the massive snipe fests that are apparently what high level games are all about, but in scrublandia it is a very user friendly build that teaches PPC minium range limitations quite well.

#67 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

stuff
I don't know why everyone is so salty.

Well what did you expect to get when you add grandiose E-Peen claims that instantly require way more "popcorn" be made available with which to follow along that which is sure to follow in this thread now? Pure Salt... ;)

#68 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Wow. And I thought some people could be rude in MY threads. Sorry you have to put up with them today, Alwrath.

Edited by cazidin, 26 February 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#69 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Hello everyone, I have been using this Black Knight successfully for a while now. If you know how to aim and hit your targets, its a great mech. I decided to ignore all of the stupid players in this game who actually think PPC's suck and created a great Black Knight build.

7KNT : XL350, 3 PPC's in the arms ( so you can shoot at targets above you, a foreign concept to many noobs in this game, also if you lose an arm you still have 1 or 2 PPC's left ) 6 meds, and 18 DHS. The trick with this mech is to fire 2 PPC's and then the other right after, for 30 pinpoint damage. If you can catch a target off guard, you can do this alpha 2 or 3 times before backing off to cover. It works because of the 32% PPC cooldown the mech has with its quirks combined with the module. Genius really, no other mech can pinpoint 30 damage in quick succession with PPC's like this mech can. It has true character. If you happen to catch a mech at 297m, well, add another 30 damage with your medium lasers for a 50/60 alpha.

I created this build when the Black Knight was released. I created my own PPC meta. This is just 1 example of an excellent mech build I decided to share with all of you that defies the stale laserpuke meta.

Always remember folks, PPC's dont suck, you do!

Well, no, they actually do suck. But not as badly as some think, and never as badly on a mech that has quirks to assist the PPCs.

For instance, your meta is EVEN better on the MAD and the WHM models that get PPC velocity quirks. Because the place where PPCs "SUCK" comes from is the absolutely uneven trading with AWARE targets with lasers and aim. The laser is instant on and hits that single location with good aim and no twists. The PPC CAN be dodged quite easily without the velocity buffs.

How you say. Well with a velocity of a mere 1200 on the ER PPC and a max range of 1640 you have a travel time in excess of the ER LL burn time.

PPCs also suffer from the mystical OMG AN invisible piece of terrain that only affects PPCs how cute. Lasers pass through, ACs pass through but PPCs: NOPE.

Cooldowns aren't the be all and end all on the PPC meta. It's velocity and Heat GEN.

I've definitely re-found the love for the PPCs with MKIII plus TCs on assaults clanside and any mech that has energy heat savings and velocity buffs are the Piece de resistance

Edited by Lugh, 26 February 2016 - 08:22 AM.

#70 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 26 February 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

I can do 90 damage to a mech when they can sometimes only get 1 laserpuke alpha on me, due to the Black Knights cooldown and speed, and thats not even counting the medium lasers.

I like how this, like all your claims is clearly backed with the maths and statistics that are obviously involved.

You need a minimum of 0.5 seconds between the PPC shots so you don't trigger ghost heat, so you essentially don't win much on burn time, except that your cooldown starts from the first shot, not from the end of the burn.

The time taken by two full IS laservomit alphas is 4.59 seconds, including both burn times, and that is if you have no quirks and no modules to reduce the cooldown. So, to get 90 damage in before the second laserpuke alpha, you have to shoot both PPC weapon groups 3 times within 3.92 seconds, which means you have to fire the first weapon group for the third time 0.5 seconds before that time at 3.42 seconds. For your claim to be possible by the numbers, you'd have to be able to fire a single PPC three times within 3.42 seconds. That means your PPC cooldown must be 1.14 seconds or less to pull that off.

Of course, the word "sometimes" could hint that you're mainly playing against not-so-great opponents that simply can't shoot back properly. Which would indicate that you can't really tell whether your opponents, or yourself for that matter, are good players or not. Which would explain why some random guy nobody's ever heard of, using gimped builds, claims he's one of the top players in the game.

#71 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

Wow.

Everyone knows all PPC metas start with me. I've run ppc non-stop and unrepentantly since early closed beta, when they were slow, almost never registered, and even when they did, splashed dmg all over the mech instead of actually focusing to one location.

While only having single heatsinks.

Rest of y'all are just imitators. The REAL Slim Shady has just stood up.

*drops mic *

I thought they started with Soy... :P

#72 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

Wow.

Everyone knows all PPC metas start with me. I've run ppc non-stop and unrepentantly since early closed beta, when they were slow, almost never registered, and even when they did, splashed dmg all over the mech instead of actually focusing to one location.

While only having single heatsinks.

Rest of y'all are just imitators. The REAL Slim Shady has just stood up.

*drops mic *

You have me beat by a mere two months.

#73 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 26 February 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

I thought they started with Soy... :P

I was using PPC when Soy was still Soyling his diapers.

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 26 February 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

You have me beat by a mere two months.

Back when I started using PPCs we were thankful when they were upgraded to slow moving blue Beach balls, son

#74 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostGrimbanealtaccount, on 26 February 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

so soylent green is ppcs? it all makes sense now

Ooooh, nice one!

#75 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostKyynele, on 26 February 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

So, to get 90 damage in before the second laserpuke alpha, you have to shoot both PPC weapon groups 3 times Which would explain why some random guy nobody's ever heard of, using gimped builds, claims he's one of the top players in the game.

Thank you for explaining the blatantly obvious, and I was using a clan laserpuke alpha as an example ( ermeds , lpl ) and I did say sometimes, not all the time. You need to be a good pilot and use the Black Knights speed to your advantage and be good at flanking and manuevering from cover to cover.

As for you not knowing me, I have been playing this silly game since early beta. Ive been in alot of different units and have participated in alot of comp drops which include run hot or die, MRBC etc. I have a good job at the moment so cant dedicate as much time to mechwarrior like I used to, but im rollin with 42 right now and we have alot of good pilots.

I dont really care or have time to deal with some random forum guy nobody knows, who probably copy and pastes meta builds from other pro players like me, who have put in the time and energy in becoming an excellent pilot.

View Postcazidin, on 26 February 2016 - 08:08 AM, said:

Wow. And I thought some people could be rude in MY threads. Sorry you have to put up with them today, Alwrath.

Heaven forbid a good pilot shares his own meta builds lol. There out there today.

#76 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

Well, even in MWO's fast and loose user of the term, Meta refers to an overriding, singular best build/philosophy.

One person's pet build, no matter how good they think it it's, really isn't "meta".

#77 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Back when I started using PPCs we were thankful when they were upgraded to slow moving blue Beach balls, son

They still did splash though. I remember when I could finally buy my first mech, an AWS-8Q. I want to saw the PPCs where only 800m/s and dealt splash damage at the time.

It was when they first put the K2 on trial, with the JR7-F, AS7-D, and HBK-4G.

#78 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 26 February 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

They still did splash though. I remember when I could finally buy my first mech, an AWS-8Q. I want to saw the PPCs where only 800m/s and dealt splash damage at the time.

It was when they first put the K2 on trial, with the JR7-F, AS7-D, and HBK-4G.
I came in when the 8Q was there trial, and man were PPC terrible. Autocannon not a lot better. And still, this were my go tos.

But I was actually making a MW2 reference...

#79 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

I came in when the 8Q was there trial, and man were PPC terrible. Autocannon not a lot better. And still, this were my go tos.

But I was actually making a MW2 reference...

Been so long since I've played MW2. I want to say I was 6 when I first played it.

#80 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Now listen Sonny. I started using PPCs on the Catapult k2. I didn't wait until the Awesome. Git off my lawn.

:P

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users