The " Meta Ppc " Black Knight

137 replies to this topic

#41 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

I see your Black Knight build and raise you an EBJ with a 68 point one button alpha...... lazorBukkake

#42 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:41 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 February 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Cut the elitism garbage, you know my extreme post count and long posting history, and the big Overlord badge that long predates the Steam release.

Are you actually interested in having any dialogue or exchange about the state of game balancing, or are you just here to be a troll? Your attitude makes me think of the latter...

And by the way, if you're going to try to act intellectually superior and accuse people of not understanding the language, you should look at your own typing habits.

Your mistakes in this post quoted above include the following:

english --> English
protip --> Protip (beginning of sentence)
youll --> you'll
alot --> a lot
dont --> don't
mechwarrior --> Mechwarrior

Posted Image

To the rest of this thread:
Posted Image

#43 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:49 PM

View PostKhobai, on 25 February 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

L2P warhawks. warhawk just does it better.

you just took 45 damage at 900m at the speed of gauss. lololol.

To be fair, That's 30 points to the component you hit and 7.5 to the adjacent components. And that's only true if you hit a torso component. And If you hit a limb or head, you only do 37.5 damage total.

#44 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:06 AM

View PostVashramire, on 25 February 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

I personally find PPC's on a Black Knight super frustrating. Such low hardpoints that PPC's would hit dirt or corners on bad hitboxes(which are plentiful). Plus they have the weakness of sub 90m unless you want to go ERPPC and then you are far too toasty. I find LPL/LL just give the mech more consistency and versatility at mid to close range. If PPC's work for you then great but it just seems clunky to me.

When you cut all the ********, this is the main point of all this waffle.

Alwrath, you are a good pilot, i was in a unit with you for a while so i know this. However i have to point out your attitude is letting you down in this case somewhat.

You are right in some ways, PPC's can be effective with mechs quirked for them, however, when it comes to efficiency lasers are still better.

It doesn't matter which way you cut it, that is just how it is. I much prefer BK's with a full ML build around the ML quirks or a ML/LPL build. Just because if you miss with PPC's then you just lost 30 damage. if you miss with lasers, you can correct it easily. Yes it isn't pinpoint but it is more efficient. Yes PPC can potentially do as much damage but only if you don't miss.

Being a noob isn't the only thing that makes them more inefficent, other factors can make you miss shots in a game mate. You know this.

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:13 AM

Wow.

Everyone knows all PPC metas start with me. I've run ppc non-stop and unrepentantly since early closed beta, when they were slow, almost never registered, and even when they did, splashed dmg all over the mech instead of actually focusing to one location.

While only having single heatsinks.

Rest of y'all are just imitators. The REAL Slim Shady has just stood up.

*drops mic *

#46 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

Wow.

Everyone knows all PPC metas start with me. I've run ppc non-stop and unrepentantly since early closed beta, when they were slow, almost never registered, and even when they did, splashed dmg all over the mech instead of actually focusing to one location.

While only having single heatsinks.

Rest of y'all are just imitators. The REAL Slim Shady has just stood up.

*drops mic *

Yeah and thats the other good point, is that Alwrath might be able to put his PPC shots where he wants them, even when he is getting hit and screen shaking, or when the muzzle clearance is not quite good enough.

What about when you fire those two PPC's together and they don't register a hit? Ha ha, no one can out skill that ****.

#47 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 26 February 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

What about when you fire those two PPC's together and they don't register a hit? Ha ha, no one can out skill that ****.

I've yet to have this happen to me in all my time playing my MADs and WHMs or with clan ERPPC.

Hmm don't think I've even seen a youtube of it happening.

#48 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

To be fair, That's 30 points to the component you hit and 7.5 to the adjacent components. And that's only true if you hit a torso component. And If you hit a limb or head, you only do 37.5 damage total.

why even mention the head? if you hit their head with 37.5 damage theyre dead anyway.

#49 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:03 AM

View PostNauht, on 26 February 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

I've yet to have this happen to me in all my time playing my MADs and WHMs or with clan ERPPC.

Hmm don't think I've even seen a youtube of it happening.

Why beat around the bush mate just say what you mean which i interpret as:

"You cant have played for as long as me and because it never happened to me you cant be telling the truth. Noob."

I dont pretend to know the science behind it mate, but i have also been playing MWO for several years and i have seen it happen a few times. I have also seen many other people complaining about the same thing.

Oh right yeah, if its not on youtube it can't be true. Just like people that don#t live on facebook dont actually exist!

Sorry i don't record my games because i don't love myself! Lol.

View PostNauht, on 26 February 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

I've yet to have this happen to me in all my time playing my MADs and WHMs

Lol at "all my time" playing Marauders and Warhammers. So ages then?

It also used to happen on warhawks but i havent used them since clans first launched so i don't know now. For information sake it only seems to happen when firing two together at the same time.

#50 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:06 AM

Oh no, those memories....it happened so often to me, I can't touch PPCs anymore. Posted Image

#51 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:22 AM

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Sorry to tell you, but I am one of the top pilots in this game, and putting a third PPC shot on where I want it to go is easy.

You could be the inventor of aiming reticles and I'd STILL tell you that you need to learn about the word "humility".

#52 Nauht

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:33 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 26 February 2016 - 01:03 AM, said:

Why beat around the bush mate just say what you mean which i interpret as:

"You cant have played for as long as me and because it never happened to me you cant be telling the truth. Noob."

I dont pretend to know the science behind it mate, but i have also been playing MWO for several years and i have seen it happen a few times. I have also seen many other people complaining about the same thing.

Oh right yeah, if its not on youtube it can't be true. Just like people that don#t live on facebook dont actually exist!

Sorry i don't record my games because i don't love myself! Lol.

Lol at "all my time" playing Marauders and Warhammers. So ages then?

It also used to happen on warhawks but i havent used them since clans first launched so i don't know now. For information sake it only seems to happen when firing two together at the same time.

Well you said it, so -

In all my times since CB and when PPCs were still **** I've never seen this.

Just mentioned the MAD/WHM cos it sounds like a recent complaint.

And yeah, something without proof is just hot air. So.. back up where your mouth is.

#53 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:07 AM

It's a fun mech. It does have character. But I'm going to out-hipster all of you and say that I did it first. In fact, I said I would use a combination of PPCs and lasers on this mech before it was released, because I knew most people would ignore the lore and go with laservomit. And furthermore, I was one of the few people who said the Black Knight was a good mech upon release, even when it had CT problems and the plebs said it was a garbage mech due to hardpoint location. And needless to say, I've been using PPCs all along.

So let's all take a few moments to appreciate my knowledge of gundams.

View PostAlwrath, on 25 February 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Always remember folks, PPC's dont suck, you your quirks do!

FTFY :)

Could also say "PPCs don't suck, hitreg does", but that's another story.

#54 Vashramire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:12 AM

Surprising how someone from CB wouldn't know about a well known and much complained about bug from CB with PPC's. Just because the chance is low and relies on RNGeesus to happen, and thus you have not been graced with its happening doesn't mean it doesn't exist nor that you should talk condescendingly to others about it. It happens rarely there are bug reports on it over the years. No reason to call people out because you are have been fortunate/ignorant or both.

#55 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

Did this lad really called fupdup a new player from the steam release??

What a glorious read for waking up

#56 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 05:01 AM

i prefer just 4 ppcs, 2 in each ST. overall they are slightly higher then the arms, then you cram the biggest engine and as many heatsinks as you can and just keep shooting. backup weapons be damned, makes you paranoid and careful.

Edited by Mellifluer, 26 February 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#57 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostKhobai, on 26 February 2016 - 12:44 AM, said:

why even mention the head? if you hit their head with 37.5 damage theyre dead anyway.

34% chance to be dead actually.
Needs 2 Crits, but has 2 rolls, unlike the Gauss (at only one).
So in fact closer to 40, add the 2 and 3 added crit chance from a TC5.

7.5 of that damage goes to the CT.

#58 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostNauht, on 26 February 2016 - 01:33 AM, said:

Well you said it, so - In all my times since CB and when PPCs were still **** I've never seen this. Just mentioned the MAD/WHM cos it sounds like a recent complaint. And yeah, something without proof is just hot air. So.. back up where your mouth is.

Wake up mate.

its not a recent complaint, people have talked about it, all across these forums. Some have even mentioned it in this thread. If you disbelieve me or others, that's your prerogative.

Just remember having a founder's badge doesn't make you anything special, or more knowledgeable than anyone else. Contrary to what some seem to think. I have played since August 2013 myself.

View PostVashramire, on 26 February 2016 - 02:12 AM, said:

Surprising how someone from CB wouldn't know about a well known and much complained about bug from CB with PPC's. Just because the chance is low and relies on RNGeesus to happen, and thus you have not been graced with its happening doesn't mean it doesn't exist nor that you should talk condescendingly to others about it. It happens rarely there are bug reports on it over the years. No reason to call people out because you are have been fortunate/ignorant or both.

Yes this, thankyou for the backup.

#59 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

View Posttheta123, on 26 February 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

Did this lad really called fupdup a new player from the steam release??

What a glorious read for waking up

Glad you were entertained. It was a joke honestly.

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 February 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

2. Jager-DD with triple UAC5s can easily out DPS it. All the while having high mounts located on the arms.

You would have to not jam 6 times in a row and take up more facetime and not move at 81 kph to reach the 90 " triple semi alpha " this BK can do. Heck if I use coolshot I could dps out 120 dmg and probably have less face time than the yager.

But I will agree with you the yager DD is an excellent build, and great at peeking, I honestly dont think they should be compared, they are 2 different mechs that do 2 different things.

View PostSoultraxx, on 25 February 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

You do realise that claiming something doesnt necessarily make it a fact.

You do realize 1 person on a forum does not make a fact not true.

Ive put more time than most into this silly game. I have over 180 mechs built and ready to go clan/is.

I spent around a year on unemployment playing this game every single day for hours, not including all my other play time. I know how the game works my friend. I know how to play. I know how to build mechs.

I have chosen to share a deadly mech build with the community, I dont know why everyone is so salty.

#60 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 February 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

It's a fun mech. It does have character. But I'm going to out-hipster all of you and say that I did it first. In fact, I said I would use a combination of PPCs and lasers on this mech before it was released, because I knew most people would ignore the lore and go with laservomit. And furthermore, I was one of the few people who said the Black Knight was a good mech upon release, even when it had CT problems and the plebs said it was a garbage mech due to hardpoint location. And needless to say, I've been using PPCs all along.

So let's all take a few moments to appreciate my knowledge of gundams.

FTFY Posted Image

Could also say "PPCs don't suck, hitreg does", but that's another story.

I remember your post back then Alistar. You have my respect. I was the one who yelled at Sean Lang in game and posted a Black Knight's quirks sucks thread.

I made sure they gave the Black Knight quirks. I wasent going to sit by and let the Black Knight fade into mediocrity, I care about it alot.

This specific build, with 3 PPC's, works as long as you can hit your targets. Its not an alpha, but if you can land 2 PPC hits and then the other right after it performs.Im trying to go very detailed into the fact that 32% cooldown on PPC's allows this mech to do more than meets the eye. I dont think anyones caught on yet. I can do 90 damage to a mech when they can sometimes only get 1 laserpuke alpha on me, due to the Black Knights cooldown and speed, and thats not even counting the medium lasers.

Edited by Alwrath, 26 February 2016 - 07:42 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users