42 replies to this topic

#1 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:28 AM

So. I have read some threads about this new lovely looking mech. I cant help to point out that when this mech arrives.... ppl who hate lrms wanna be stocking up on tissues. The forums are gonna be filled with lrm haters and im gonna lol so hard. So before any of you lrm haters whinge and whine about it...read what ppl are saying about this mech.... skies are gonna be filled with lrms again. Bring your AMS puggers cos we all know whats coming. And those who are gonna be boating lrm 5s and spamming the skies.... i salute you as ill be doing the same. And those who are packing srms..... i salute you too as ill be doing the same...
Those ppl who cant pack AMS... suck it up.
Those ppl who hate lrms. Remember where you are when hit that quick play button. Your amongst the ppl who dont give a ratz arse for tier lvl...your god named unit and the likes.
You are with ppl who can either work WITH you...or totally DONT CARE.
So far. My puglandia matchs have been blessed with good ppl on coms/chat. So i salute all those matches that i have had with such ppl.
All in all. Have fun. For at the end of the day...im still a nobody in MWO. Just another name another pilot another number. See yas on the battlefield o7

#2 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

Honestly, I don't think it'll be such a massive thing. There will be some QQ threads, of course. But it's not going to be Lurmageddon 2, I think. It'll blow over after a while. Fortunately, I'm mostly playing ECM Clan mechs at the moment anyway. I guess I'll slap on a radar derp instead of seismic for a while. I'm sure 8xLRM5 is going to reduce the assault mech queue to less than 5% for a while, because it's going to be a bad time for running Dire Wolves in solo queue.

I'm more interested in seeing how effective 8xSRM4 is going to be. At 70 tons, the Archer has enough armour to be a decent SRM brawler, compared to the crunchy Mad Dog.

#3 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:02 AM

Sorry OP but i highly doubt there will be QQ threads but there will definently be alot more heavys in the queue. Also quick question whats up with the dots in between some of your sentences? it just seems strange. i wont have problems with lurm scurm. o8

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 26 February 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Honestly, I don't think it'll be such a massive thing. There will be some QQ threads, of course. But it's not going to be Lurmageddon 2, I think. It'll blow over after a while. Fortunately, I'm mostly playing ECM Clan mechs at the moment anyway. I guess I'll slap on a radar derp instead of seismic for a while. I'm sure 8xLRM5 is going to reduce the assault mech queue to less than 5% for a while, because it's going to be a bad time for running Dire Wolves in solo queue.

I'm more interested in seeing how effective 8xSRM4 is going to be. At 70 tons, the Archer has enough armour to be a decent SRM brawler, compared to the crunchy Mad Dog.

Armor means little.... Hitboxes will be what determines if it brawls.

#5 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostVariant1, on 26 February 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

Sorry OP but i highly doubt there will be QQ threads but there will definently be alot more heavys in the queue. Also quick question whats up with the dots in between some of your sentences? it just seems strange. i wont have problems with lurm scurm. o8
I believe it is a condition called ellipsomania, caused by the insatiable need to type out the pauses in your talking style. I have a similar condition; commaphilia, but I take pills for that. ;)

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,913 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostVariant1, on 26 February 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

Dude,
Are you crazy? Of course there will be QQ threads. There are ALWAYS QQ threads around here. A day will not pass without someone starting one, necro-ing an old one, or making a duplicate of an existing one. QQ-ing in general, and especially about LRM's is like a fetish for some people around here. Oh yes, there will be QQ threads.

As to the dots. I believe they are supposed to be ellipses. Probably the most abused pieces of punctuation. Three periods, supposed to indicate missing test, or trailing off of thought, etc. Proper usage depends on what grammar guide you choose (Chicago Manual of Style, etc.). Seems they are now used to indicate a pause, or any shift in a narrative point.
Regardless, its three dots OP, not four.

#7 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:22 AM

Oh i know most qqs will blow over. I just hope those who are gonna cry about it know about before they even think of saying anything. I dont hate lrms. I think they are fun and have their place. I dont belittle ppl for the build they have for its players choice. What happens in puglandia....stays in puglandia. 😊

But i like dots...............see ........☺

#8 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:23 AM

Well I'm gonna have a funky good time!
Novakaine's is gonna go HAM.
And where the hell is my Crusader!
Posted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 26 February 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#9 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:27 AM

Of course there will be qq. Mostly from the same people who have been writing /necroing LRM QQ threads since closed beta becasue they wanna stand out in the open and play hulk smash robots.

And their caounterarguments will be the same as always "DOn´t wanna take AMS, need teh tonnage for real weapons", "Don´t wanna use ECM, I don´t cheat", "I get cored out in like 2 salvos", blablayaddayadda...

Best thing to do is just ignore it, they´re adamantly opposed to learning. Posted Image

The rest of us will be running around in ecm+3AMS kitfoxes ruining the lives of archer pilots left and right :D

Edited by Zerberus, 26 February 2016 - 07:28 AM.

#10 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:30 AM

Haha i like this.... i might even just play my kitfoxes.... see how many missiles i can shoot down. Surely they can add an achievement for that :-)

#11 Mead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 338 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:31 AM

View PostRobot Kenshiro, on 26 February 2016 - 07:22 AM, said:

Oh i know most qqs will blow over. I just hope those who are gonna cry about it know about before they even think of saying anything. I dont hate lrms. I think they are fun and have their place. I dont belittle ppl for the build they have for its players choice. What happens in puglandia....stays in puglandia. ������

More dots! MORE DOTS!!

Ok stop dots

#12 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:32 AM

Heck I might dust off my Hunchback 4SP if the LRMageddon happens. Better to be in the devil's left hand than in his path, right?

#13 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:37 AM

How to avoid LRMs

Step 1: Stand behind rock
Step 2: There is no step 2

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:39 AM

View PostZerberus, on 26 February 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

Of course there will be qq. Mostly from the same people who have been writing /necroing LRM QQ threads since closed beta becasue they wanna stand out in the open and play hulk smash robots.

And their caounterarguments will be the same as always "DOn´t wanna take AMS, need teh tonnage for real weapons", "Don´t wanna use ECM, I don´t cheat", "I get cored out in like 2 salvos", blablayaddayadda...

Best thing to do is just ignore it, they´re adamantly opposed to learning. Posted Image

The rest of us will be running around in ecm+3AMS kitfoxes ruining the lives of archer pilots left and right :D

Best try sync dropping a lance of them kittyfoxes. My MED already eats em for breakfast. My Archer? Gonna get fat and sassy.

3xAMS only really impacts those guts that sit back 1000 yrs depending on other people for locks. I'll be closer enough to carve your arm off with lasers if I decide your AMS overload is annoying. :)

#15 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostRobot Kenshiro, on 26 February 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Haha i like this.... i might even just play my kitfoxes.... see how many missiles i can shoot down. Surely they can add an achievement for that :-)

Well, if we assume 3 missiles /ams, 3 unbuffed kitfoxes working as a team could (should?) essentially completely shut down an lrn5 trollpult or maddog... add the overload and range modules and I´m thinking anything with less than 45 -50 tubes is not getting anything of value done... and that completely disrgards any AMS the main force may have Posted Image Posted Image

And yes, Bishop, getting close is the problem... that´s why you take the 3 stormcrows with you, to chew up any lights that get stupid and distract anything that might actually be dangerous long enough for the Timber Wolves and Warhawks to get in range Posted Image

Purely theoretical scenario, of course. But always remember, one of the best counters to a good LRM pilot is another good LRM pilot in an LRM hunter... we run very similar LRM builds from what I gather, that means I just might know how you´re going to react and plan ahead...

Come to think of it it´s been a while since we´ve seen each other ingame, I think we`re 5:5 or something like that over the years... This could get interesting *raises beer stein*

Edited by Zerberus, 26 February 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#16 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 26 February 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

How to avoid LRMs

Step 1: Stand behind rock
Step 2: There is no step 2

Lolz. I think this is my best and only tactic that i use if im not using ams or ecm. As much as i love lrms i hate them being used against me lol. I see a rain of lrms. 2 seconds later "incoming missiles" 1 second of staring at them like a bug to a bug zapper...then shite...time to run lol.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 26 February 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

Best try sync dropping a lance of them kittyfoxes. My MED already eats em for breakfast. My Archer? Gonna get fat and sassy.

3xAMS only really impacts those guts that sit back 1000 yrs depending on other people for locks. I'll be closer enough to carve your arm off with lasers if I decide your AMS overload is annoying. :)

Bishop...so harsh....the kitfox is so cute...so cuddley....why so mean.... :-(

Lolz.

#17 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:45 AM

Bring your LRMs, I wouldn't doubt if cries of Archer being doa come before cries of LRMs being op.

As far as I can recall open bay doors = through pass to crit internals. Don't think I've seen a patch notes that's changed that, and the archer has 2 doors that are as big as the entire ST so good luck with that.

#18 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

If Russ brings out the ams rewards at the same time we will all be rich rich rich :P

#19 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostZerberus, on 26 February 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

Well, if we assume 3 missiles /ams, 3 unbuffed kitfoxes working as a team could (should?) essentially completely shut down an lrn5 trollpult or maddog... add the overload and range modules and I´m thinking anything with less than 45 -50 tubes is not getting anything of value done... and that completely disrgards any AMS the main force may have Posted Image :D

And yes, Bishop, getting close is the problem... that´s why you take the 3 stormcrows with you, to chew up any lights that get stupid and distract anything that might actually be dangerous long enough for the Timber Wolves and Warhawks to get in range ;)

Purely theoretical scenario, of course ;)

This guy is my new ams buddy!

View PostMonkey Lover, on 26 February 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

If Russ brings out the ams rewards at the same time we will all be rich rich rich :P

Oh hell yea! I want dem bills!

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

View Postsycocys, on 26 February 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

Bring your LRMs, I wouldn't doubt if cries of Archer being doa come before cries of LRMs being op.

As far as I can recall open bay doors = through pass to crit internals. Don't think I've seen a patch notes that's changed that, and the archer has 2 doors that are as big as the entire ST so good luck with that.

I never got extra critted in my stalkers, catapults or centuions, and I always left the doors open.

Also we have no clue exactly how these does will operate. They have their own seperate health/hitboxes , according to Russ, something we have not seen before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users