Simple Reasons Why Pgi Is Doing So Poorly On Steam

66 replies to this topic

#61 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

You make some good points.

But I hardly call being on page 3 in the F2P most popular section "doing poorly"

Though I have to admit it did have some help getting there with the help of the pre existing fanbase that moved over to steam for it, I know I did.

But if this game wants to keep that pace up then it needs appeal to the steamers too, along with the original fanbase which they are... soon™.

#62 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 29 February 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

I'm not judging off a singular incident. I'm judging off 9 years of experience with Steam. But when I can leave a review and leave links to my profile and screenshots backing up what I'm saying in my review and the average troglodyte there still goes "hurr durr, u oly heff 13 minutts in da gaem. yU r lior!", then all I can do is shake my head at humanity.

Hell, the average Steam user now reminds me of the average XBL user from back in my 360 days.

I will come out and admit that I take some offence to your generalization because I'm both an avid Steam user, although I rarely leave comments on reviews. I believe the only comments I've left on reviews were specifically pertaining to those long time MWO players that were getting slandered. And I was/still am an avid XBL user. (still on the 360)

For every jackass on these platforms you'll have a player like me - keeps to their business, doesn't usually chat playing a game online - meaning I don't verbally stir up trouble, plays hard not just for myself but for the team as well, helps other players as best I can, doesn't cheat, talk ****, and actually has some integrity even though we're just talking about the internet and online gaming. And the thing is, all of my best friends who were and some still are XBL/Steam users are the same as me.

I've also got nine years of experience with Steam and everything I see both positive and negative I chalk up to - That's just the internet for ya.

Edited by xTrident, 29 February 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#63 Moomtazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostKaitRaven, on 27 February 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

I feel very strongly that there would be a larger player base and more revenue for PGI if they had slashed prices. There are plenty of people who walk in the door, see mechs going for $20+, go "wtf?", and leave. Its a very poor price point for impulse buys on digital content, even for existing customers.

For example, the Unseen bundles could start at $9.99 for the basic bundles. Its half, but the hurdle feels substantially lower for people to make an impulse buy, or for new players to dive in. Hell, you could leave the Hero upgrade at $15 but more people would upgrade once they past the first hurdle of buying in. Other purchases would have to be scaled accordingly, but I think it would make a world of difference

I have a feeling that PGI are trapped by the prices of the previous packages. There would be no end to the complaints and cries for refunds if they suddenly cut the mech prices in half. Instead they continue to add "bonus" items to the packages in hopes that people will consider the total MC values of a package when making the decision to buy. Some people do just that judging by their posts, but I for one would rather pay half the price for mechs and forego extra stuff.

#64 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostMoomtazz, on 29 February 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

I have a feeling that PGI are trapped by the prices of the previous packages. There would be no end to the complaints and cries for refunds if they suddenly cut the mech prices in half. Instead they continue to add "bonus" items to the packages in hopes that people will consider the total MC values of a package when making the decision to buy. Some people do just that judging by their posts, but I for one would rather pay half the price for mechs and forego extra stuff.

PGI could cut the prices and do something for all the players that have spent money on the game. Didn't they give out a free Centurion-AH a while ago for anyone that had spent money before a certain date? I thought that was pretty cool.

Why not do something like that if they decided to cut prices? Maybe even give the player a choice. Could also be based on how much money people have spent on the game. Cutting prices down would also benefit the current player base that has spent money.

#65 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

It probably has more to due with playing for a day and you've covered everything the game has to offer. So if you aren't impressed with the big stompy robot part, you'll probably move on.

#66 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:21 PM

b./c MWO is a rather stale shooter game that despite being in big *** stompy robots, is really just a human based shooter in vehicles that cant hide or move like human based shooters...its pretty much like playing Battlefield series where the only thing anyone can do is walk around standing up, and hte only cover we can effectively use is hiding behind large objects.

#67 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostxTrident, on 29 February 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

PGI could cut the prices and do something for all the players that have spent money on the game. Didn't they give out a free Centurion-AH a while ago for anyone that had spent money before a certain date? I thought that was pretty cool.

Why not do something like that if they decided to cut prices? Maybe even give the player a choice. Could also be based on how much money people have spent on the game. Cutting prices down would also benefit the current player base that has spent money.

They could make mechs free for me for life since I bought a gold mech and I still wouldn't care about MWO since it is just a shallow shell of a game. Lowering prices does nothing for the long term. How about give the paying people some meaningful content? That would go a long way for catching new players also. How long will it take for PGI to get that?

Edited by GRiPSViGiL, 29 February 2016 - 01:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users