ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Microsoft didn't make up any mech, they just used different art to represent existing mechs, as well as add in mechs new to battletech at the time. Some of that new art was later used on newer mechs (madcat MK 3, grand summoner, templar 3, etc). Check your facts, and enough with this "wait your turn" business, talking like you have some kind of authority to tell me or anyone else A: what we know PGI is going to do (they've very clearly at this point stated the MK II is coming, despite what those who seem to question the definition of cusp think), and B: what mechs I am allowed to like or ask for.

The MK II is coming, its coming sooner than you think/want it to, and if you're salty when it does come, I hope that salt never goes away, because you've all spent the better part of 3 months now trying to make sure Imperius doesn't get what he wants, and again, thats what this is about; denying imperius.

You do know that those mechs and that game were released in 2000, 2years before appearing in ANY official Battletech source book?

Personally, ive never seen it definitively addressed by any actual authority on the matter, but there's more circumstantial evidence of them being designed specifically for the game, than not.

I'll have too st if David White, who did the concept art, can shed light on it for certain.

#82 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 27 February 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Microsoft didn't make up any mech, they just used different art to represent existing mechs, as well as add in mechs new to battletech at the time. Some of that new art was later used on newer mechs (madcat MK 3, grand summoner, templar 3, etc). Check your facts, and enough with this "wait your turn" business, talking like you have some kind of authority to tell me or anyone else A: what we know PGI is going to do (they've very clearly at this point stated the MK II is coming, despite what those who seem to question the definition of cusp think), and B: what mechs I am allowed to like or ask for.

The MK II is coming, its coming sooner than you think/want it to, and if you're salty when it does come, I hope that salt never goes away, because you've all spent the better part of 3 months now trying to make sure Imperius doesn't get what he wants, and again, thats what this is about; denying imperius.

No, all those mech in MW4 were made up by Fasa Studios, but did not exist before those games.

Check your privilege.

Edited by dervishx5, 27 February 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#83 Fubl

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 27 February 2016 - 07:24 PM, said:

All those MW4 mechs were made up by Microsoft anyway. It was only later they were canonized.

Mechwarrior (SNES):
Nexus
Raijin

Mechcommander:
Hollander II
Centurion (55tons)
Jagermech (70 tons)
Stiletto

Mechwarrior 4:
Osiris
Hellspawn
Chimera
Uziel
Argus
Thanatos
Mad Cat Mk II

Mechcommander 2:
Razorback
Anubis
Sha Yu
Lao Hu
Fire Ant (Flea Variant)

Mechassault 2:
Raptor II

MW4 Mercs:
Deimos (Mektek)

All those guys above need to wait their turn.

Little fun fact about the mech warrior 4 mechs some of those the fans where given the option of 4 names on a website to vote for the names for... I believe it was GameSpot back in 99. My memory might be a little fuzzy. It I sort of remember that

Edited by Fubl, 27 February 2016 - 08:18 PM.

#84 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:33 AM

Even if they were made just for mech 4 I fail to see why they're any less qualified than any other mech and have to "wait their turn" save you wanting more garbage 3025 mechs.

#85 Damia Savon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 608 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:49 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 28 February 2016 - 07:33 AM, said:

Even if they were made just for mech 4 I fail to see why they're any less qualified than any other mech and have to "wait their turn" save you wanting more garbage 3025 mechs.
The last thing we need is more overpowered clan garbage. What you fail to grasp is the whole cusp thing. Russ is letting in mech that, lore wise, have a foot in the current timeline. The mk.ll doesn't have that. It was not built for another 8 years. However, it's weapon load out uses current game weapons. That means it could be added without switching out weapons or having to risk adding new ones to the game. That is what Russ meant by cusp. Clearly Russ is open to the idea, maybe even likes it. However 1. There are classic, older mech that will sell better and 2. Allowing the mk.ii opens the gates to letting much later mech in that do require new weapons. Point is, you got your answer. Your voice was heard. Russ is aware of the interest. So give it a rest for a bit.

#86 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

View PostDamia Savon, on 28 February 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

The last thing we need is more overpowered clan garbage. What you fail to grasp is the whole cusp thing. Russ is letting in mech that, lore wise, have a foot in the current timeline. The mk.ll doesn't have that. It was not built for another 8 years. However, it's weapon load out uses current game weapons. That means it could be added without switching out weapons or having to risk adding new ones to the game. That is what Russ meant by cusp. Clearly Russ is open to the idea, maybe even likes it. However 1. There are classic, older mech that will sell better and 2. Allowing the mk.ii opens the gates to letting much later mech in that do require new weapons. Point is, you got your answer. Your voice was heard. Russ is aware of the interest. So give it a rest for a bit.

Clan OP Mechs, like Clan IIC levels of OverPowered? ;)
Russ says its Possable just not yet, and Considering we may get,
1) another Clan OmniMech Pack,
2) after another IS Pack, Maybe IS OmniMech Pack(Raptor, Strider, Nova-Ku, Sunder),
Other More Iconic Mechs?
1) what other Iconic Mechs, can you Give some Examples?
Opens the Gates for New Weapons?
2) Russ says he wants to make More weapons, but CW-P3 and Game Enhancements will Come First,
Giving it a Rest, on these Forums? Right good luck getting them to agree to that, Posted Image

#87 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:04 PM

View PostDamia Savon, on 28 February 2016 - 10:49 AM, said:

Older mechs will sell better huh? You've got that proof? What does PGI's financials look like since you seem to be in possession of the knowledge. I've bought every top mech pack and only play my Dire Wolf. Maybe I'll just stop buying mech packs till the "new" ones come out just to make your statement false.

#88 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 28 February 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

Clan OP Mechs, like Clan IIC levels of OverPowered? ;)
Russ says its Possable just not yet, and Considering we may get,
1) another Clan OmniMech Pack,
2) after another IS Pack, Maybe IS OmniMech Pack(Raptor, Strider, Nova-Ku, Sunder),
Other More Iconic Mechs?
1) what other Iconic Mechs, can you Give some Examples?
Opens the Gates for New Weapons?
2) Russ says he wants to make More weapons, but CW-P3 and Game Enhancements will Come First,
Giving it a Rest, on these Forums? Right good luck getting them to agree to that, Posted Image

Opens the gate for new weapons and tech.... Hmmmm... Mauler? You're talking about the Mauler right?

#89 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostImperius, on 28 February 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

Older mechs will sell better huh? You've got that proof? What does PGI's financials look like since you seem to be in possession of the knowledge. I've bought every top mech pack and only play my Dire Wolf. Maybe I'll just stop buying mech packs till the "new" ones come out just to make your statement false.

You really like to do mental gymnastics. They literally said they have other mechs to look at. You bother the forums, town hall meetings, and even twitter. Maybe its about time to give it a rest and accept that they will make it when they want.

Regardless of how much you "crusade" or try to raise awareness, they will do it when they feel like. They have a vision that they wish to adhere to, and no amount of pointless internet rallies will change it.

I would love the MW4: Merc Hellhound, but you don't see me waving a flag every minute to get it put in. I realize it probably wont come, and will wait if they DECIDE to. The difference between the MDK2 and Hellhound is you know it will come, they have even said... But yet you still demand for it at every moment. Like somehow it you are trying to will it into existence in a second... While my favorite mech is basically a crap shoot. But you don't see me bothering people every day for it.

They have even told you specifically to be patient. Maybe its about time you listen and give it a break instead of annoying everyone around you. Be mature like everyone else who wants a favorite in, and WAIT.

I don't get why you continue on and on. It's coming... It won't come the faster you whine and complain. In the end it will show up. YOU WERE EVEN TOLD ITS SHOWING UP.. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... What's the point besides your personal greed to have it NOW..

Edited by KariLP, 28 February 2016 - 12:29 PM.

#90 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostKariLP, on 28 February 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

You really like to do mental gymnastics. They literally said they have other mechs to look at. You bother the forums, town hall meetings, and even twitter. Maybe its about time to give it a rest and accept that they will make it when they want.

Regardless of how much you "crusade" or try to raise awareness, they will do it when they feel like. They have a vision that they wish to adhere to, and no amount of pointless internet rallies will change it.

I would love the MW4: Merc Hellhound, but you don't see me waving a flag every minute to get it put in. I realize it probably wont come, and will wait if they DECIDE to. The difference between the MDK2 and Hellhound is you know it will come, they have even said... But yet you still demand for it at every moment. Like somehow it you are trying to will it into existence in a second... While my favorite mech is basically a crap shoot. But you don't see me bothering people every day for it.

They have even told you specifically to be patient. Maybe its about time you listen and give it a break instead of annoying everyone around you. Be mature like everyone else who wants a favorite in, and WAIT.

I don't get why you continue on and on. It's coming... It won't come the faster you whine and complain. In the end it will show up. YOU WERE EVEN TOLD ITS SHOWING UP.. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED... What's the point besides your personal greed to have it NOW..

What did any of this quote have to do with what you quoted from me? I'm in a mad cat thread you don't have to be, this one isn't even mine, again do you think I care about your opinions for a second? I don't care if you love or hate me that's in my description. Also I can talk about the Mad Cat MK II as much as I want, just like every pointless LRM's are op thread, I'm tired of groups thread, cone of fire will save MWO thread, so and so great balance thread, etc...

Edited by Imperius, 28 February 2016 - 12:41 PM.

#91 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

While we are on it....

Please vote and comment if you will :)

http://mwomercs.com/...mkii-cosmetics/

#92 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:44 PM

View PostImperius, on 28 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

What did any of this quote have to do with what you quoted from me?

The context is a response to your overall community behavior. While you zealously push for something that has already been essentially confirmed as being implemented at some time.

The problem is: It's not to your timetable and personal needs. So please gloss over it, like you did Russ telling you to wait. It's not what you want to read (just like the topic, so you choose to write it off). In the end you are just someone who wants something at THIS VERY moment, and nothing will satisfy you until its complete.

#93 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostKariLP, on 28 February 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

The context is a response to your overall community behavior. While you zealously push for something that has already been essentially confirmed as being implemented at some time.

The problem is: It's not to your timetable and personal needs. So please gloss over it, like you did Russ telling you to wait. It's not what you want to read (just like the topic, so you choose to write it off). In the end you are just someone who wants something at THIS VERY moment, and nothing will satisfy you until its complete.

No you don't say... Maybe just maybe if you were in my situation you would understand, but that point is moot.

You're right I'm not in the mood to keep buying mech pack after mech pack that I don't really give a crap about. I've already waited 3 years for things I want implemented into this game that I have heavily supported. I still think CW is the biggest waste of time ever for two reasons! One the community is a huge problem you can't fix. Second CW generates no revenue for PGI...

Go look up my topics, you find out quickly I've been fighting for this game for a long time. I'm pushing for the MK IK because I feel I've waited long enough, and paid enough!

Edited by Imperius, 28 February 2016 - 01:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users