Hit Detection Issues (With Video)

38 replies to this topic

#21 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:29 PM

I hate that I can shoot a Locust in the face with a cUAC20 three times before it runs off somewhere... Posted Image
(yes that happened)

#22 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

This is the bullcrap I deal with all the time! Thank you, OP.

#23 Timbuctoo

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMichigan, US

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

WTF!!! Soo to hit a Storm Crow in the CT you have to hit his nuttz? I mean.. I do anyways but that's for personal reasons.
PGI PLEASE address this before MRBC's
and is this a Storm Crow issue is it a larger problem.

#24 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

You twist too actively before shooting. Recently I noticed, that there is some kind of twist desync present on live servers - like that one, you usually see while spectating. When I shoot PPCs while twisting - projectiles fly to the direction, I was aiming second before - not to where I'm aiming now. This may explain it all.

#25 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 27 February 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

I've seen as bad. Even made video. No one cares.

This game in a nutshell.. wonder how low the player base needs to fall before they do care...

#26 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:04 AM

$1,000,000 says its the stupid low tickrate they're using, compounded by outdated code from the aging engine.

#27 Karen Supreme

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:47 AM

View PostSovietArmada, on 27 February 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

So while dropping in private lobby, I had a match where 4 shots, clean hit, did not register. After that I decided to turn Fraps on and record further matches if these issues persisted. These are the results.

The parts with captions are based on the other players telling me that they have been hit with screen shake, but no damage had been taken on their rag doll. There are 2 clips like this, so they can be debatable.

This was taken within the span of an hour and a half of play time in lobby.

The issue is not always present, I have gone through several duels where each shot on my part had registered.

Some times the crosshair would turn red but no damage register, and some times the crosshair would not flash but a clean hit is visible.

Are you interest in the PXH?

#28 Karen Supreme

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:51 AM

View PostSamial, on 29 February 2016 - 01:49 AM, said:

This game in a nutshell.. wonder how low the player base needs to fall before they do care...

but but but..... haven't you read the town hall streaming chat???
90% of playerbase was discussing about new mech, and which mech would be nice to have.
Few are interest in a good game or in something different than a CoD with robotto skin

(btw...how is hit detec. in CoD?)

#29 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:09 AM

SRMs have definitely improved their hit reg. Didn't realize ac20s were a problem, though I knew UAC20 shots teleported into a black hole most of the time.

#30 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:09 AM

View PostMister D, on 27 February 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I bring stuff like this up, and I get told to L2P.

This is exactly what I'm experiencing on a daily basis vs lights and randomly vs anything else through the course of a day's playing.

Damage literally goes into the void, as though I never even fired.

It happens with lasers, it happens with ballistics, it happens ALOT with SRM's.

You get these false positives from impact effects, and sometimes you're on the receiving end and hear the impact, but no damage ect.

There are moments when the game literally tells you that your shots did nothing, that well placed AC shell "haha nope", that Alpha strike with Pulse lasers "haha nope".

Good video Soviet, please get this to Russ on Twitter.

when you boat ballistics on a rather heat neutral build that doesn'T hurts much, but when you play a hot setup and you literally build up heat for 0 damage that REALLY screws your day.

#31 MrMadguy

• 2,209 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:43 AM

Sometimes I start thinking, that PGI implements desyncs intentionally, as lazy measure against high Alphas and AimBots.

#32 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:44 AM

Which is what makes PPC/ERPPC builds so disadvantaged.

When even a perfectly placed "hit", can record as a miss, and you just blew 40% of your heat in one shot for nothing.

#33 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:55 AM

ive noticed a lot of hitreg issues lately - on every single weapon system too

lasers obviously get less punished by this because of the duration, but having a 2-shot of PPCs go straight through a target and impact the wall behind him, having an AC 20 do no damage or half the SRM volley not register, thats kind of a problem

MWO's netcode is generally terrible and barely stable - hitregs, lags, teleporting, glitching through mechs or getting stuck on flat terrain where you KNOW is nothing to catch you (many instances of that lately) - those are all either fully or partly the results of either servers choking up, or merely you using your connection beyond minimum and MWO being unable to deal with it

and torrents? instant lag shield

we need a better netcode and lag compensation - we dont have any at the moment, thats why stuff glitches and teleports

Edited by Thunderbird Anthares, 29 February 2016 - 03:55 AM.

#34 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:11 AM

View PostMister D, on 29 February 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Which is what makes PPC/ERPPC builds so disadvantaged.

When even a perfectly placed "hit", can record as a miss, and you just blew 40% of your heat in one shot for nothing.

and so poeple slap on all the gauss again because if you screw up hitting you only have some ammo wasted and not the ability to shoot. unless you ghost shot so often you run out of ammo :P

It just starts porblematic when people have to start changing uilds to take hitreg into account.
And when PGI really wants to integrate "E sports" they better get some 60 fps servers or they can just forget about it.

#35 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 29 February 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

You twist too actively before shooting. Recently I noticed, that there is some kind of twist desync present on live servers - like that one, you usually see while spectating. When I shoot PPCs while twisting - projectiles fly to the direction, I was aiming second before - not to where I'm aiming now. This may explain it all.

Most of those shots don't have any real active twist before it. That shouldn't be the issue.

#36 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostSovietArmada, on 27 February 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

So while dropping in private lobby, I had a match where 4 shots, clean hit, did not register. After that I decided to turn Fraps on and record further matches if these issues persisted. These are the results.

The parts with captions are based on the other players telling me that they have been hit with screen shake, but no damage had been taken on their rag doll. There are 2 clips like this, so they can be debatable.

This was taken within the span of an hour and a half of play time in lobby.

The issue is not always present, I have gone through several duels where each shot on my part had registered.

Some times the crosshair would turn red but no damage register, and some times the crosshair would not flash but a clean hit is visible.

Had this happen to me many times usually when im the last one standing or on my last ac/20 round.

#37 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

View PostMechWarrior5152251, on 29 February 2016 - 03:09 AM, said:

SRMs have definitely improved their hit reg. Didn't realize ac20s were a problem, though I knew UAC20 shots teleported into a black hole most of the time.

Everything has a problem at some point. It's just more remarkable and frustrating on high damage/heat weapons.

#38 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

Now you know how I feel when I put a 72 alpha into the bloodred CT of a overheated dire 60m away only for him to recover from overheating and alpha me in my atlai's schoolbus yellow front and I die.

It's even more annoying when you do it to a light and it's still running around like a spring chicken without a care in the world.

#39 8Ball-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 292 posts
  • LocationIndiana, US

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

Just derping around in my quad uac10 DW and catch a mech coming down a ramp or dropping off a wall and turning the other way. Two double taps into the back, 160 damage and it doesn't even take off all the armor. Just chuckle to myself and say "oh well, PGI"

Don't get me wrong, I have one shot lights and have done 1450 damage out of 1500 worth of ammo. But this crap does happen.

Edited by WW8Ball, 29 February 2016 - 01:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users