Urbanmech ?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Nokadota Aririnkichiri

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPompey.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:46 AM

Is it any good at anything? not seen many on battlefield, are they kind of the underdog,
i see they only go 34KPH, but with an XL180 can do 97 KPH, thats something i suppose.

Just watched a vid with someone running it with 2xER LL and 2xMG, seems decent enough,
but is it ??

#2 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

No, the urbanmech is not particularly good at anything other than 360 degree torso twist. It was put in the game because of fan nostalgia for the darned thing. Heck, I bought them too even though I never use them. I just like the thought that I have three UrbanMechs.

#3 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Yeah, they're nice Mechs.

For one, they're tiny. Very easy to get lost in the battle if you stay close to other Mechs. Small enough that you can (if you're very careful) hide behind larger Mechs and shoot between their legs.

They aren't the fastest, but they can carry a pretty good payload and make it work.

#4 BadgerWI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 126 posts
  • LocationNorthern Continent, Second Try, Chaos March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:52 AM

It's fun in certain situations. I like to put on an er ppc and as many jj's as can and make it good jump sniper on urban maps.

#5 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

They're the best mechs in the game. Capable of soloing an entire lance of Direwolves and King Crabs, ALL BY ITSELF.

They only came out for c-bills, due to insane amount of Pay to Win accusations the Urbanmechs caused.

#6 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:08 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 28 February 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

They're the best mechs in the game. Capable of soloing an entire lance of Direwolves and King Crabs, ALL BY ITSELF.

They only came out for c-bills, due to insane amount of Pay to Win accusations the Urbanmechs caused.

Exactly. Urbanmech is best mech.

#7 TheCharlatan

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

Urbies are OP. Best mechs in the game.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my badge.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

Urbie is God Tier.

But it's godliness can only be unlocked and mastered by those who have spent 2 decades learning Mech-Fu with a secret order of Tibetan monks, while subsisting solely on the dew collected in a rare species of lotus flower growing on the northern face of the Himalayas.

But once the Deathblossom is Mastered, it is indeed, unstoppable.

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

Urbanmech is not a question.

Urbanmech is the answer.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

Come. Let us embrace you in the Church of Urbietology.

Unlocking your own inner Urbielightenment is not far away.

#11 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 12:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

Urbie is God Tier.

But it's godliness can only be unlocked and mastered by those who have spent 2 decades learning Mech-Fu with a secret order of Tibetan monks, while subsisting solely on the dew collected in a rare species of lotus flower growing on the northern face of the Himalayas.

But once the Deathblossom is Mastered, it is indeed, unstoppable.

Bishop Stiener-Sensi i have made you proud. I have the Ubrbie R60L with one AC2 and four MPL's. in one match i did 445 damage.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostLupis Volk, on 28 February 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Bishop Stiener-Sensi i have made you proud. I have the Ubrbie R60L with one AC2 and four MPL's. in one match i did 445 damage.

Your journey has begun, yet has far too go. When you can snatch 500 damage and 5 kills from the unenlightened Tryhards with an AC10 Urbie, THEN, you will have reached the beginning of true Urbielightenment.

#13 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

People don't love the Urbanmech because it's supposed to be mighty.

People love the Urbanmech because of all its faults and frailties. It is a machine that, by all rights, should be the doom of all of its pilots. It's weaknesses are widely known, lampooned on. Ridiculed. Yet...some pilots choose the Urbanmech exactly for these reasons. To do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

I too have long been on a journey of Urbielightenment, since the days of driving an R60L on MPBT:3025. MWO has rewarded me with the one thing I sought most. To engage in battle with my Urbanmech, lose my gun arm and lay a charging Mad Cat low with one shot from my small laser.

The legends are true.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

urbies are definately in the fun category. they can even be pretty baddass. i once cleared 10k xp in an urbie once. of course there was a double xp event and i had premium time on but thats still the highest score i managed, and it was in an urbie.

a competitive mech it is not. it can be one hitted by pros no matter how much armor you stick up front. its not really cut out for cw. but if all you are gonna do is go pugging, then you are gonna have a good time.

Edited by LordNothing, 28 February 2016 - 01:36 PM.

#15 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:57 PM

Seriously, Urbie isn't a terribad mech, if you build it to be as fast as possible and forget it's signature large ballistics and replace it with MPLs/LPLs. In fact, even metamechs lists the top Urbie variant (R60L) above most Panthers, Commandos, Locusts, Spiders, and some Jenners.

However, it's not spectacularily good in anything either. If you build it to be effective, it's actually good enough that it doesn't even warrant bragging rights when you do well in one.

And if you do keep the signature weaponry, you can expect to not be competitive at all with it. You have a big cannon, but even other lights alpha harder than you. And besides that you're practically a small turret that anyone can one-shot. Some people find enjoyment in that, too.

#16 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostFleeb the Mad, on 28 February 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

People don't love the Urbanmech because it's supposed to be mighty.

People love the Urbanmech because of all its faults and frailties. It is a machine that, by all rights, should be the doom of all of its pilots. It's weaknesses are widely known, lampooned on. Ridiculed. Yet...some pilots choose the Urbanmech exactly for these reasons. To do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

I too have long been on a journey of Urbielightenment, since the days of driving an R60L on MPBT:3025. MWO has rewarded me with the one thing I sought most. To engage in battle with my Urbanmech, lose my gun arm and lay a charging Mad Cat low with one shot from my small laser.

The legends are true.

i just seem to do well with mechs people avoid for some reason.....hmm think once i get all three Kit foxes i'll get myst lynx or Dragons next.

#17 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:00 PM

It's got one overwhelming advantage, if you can master the art of being an owl with 360 degree torso twist:

You can run backwards faster than some mechs run forwards. This results in some amusing fights between you and that SRM or SPL boat that you can outrange...

#18 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:07 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 28 February 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

It's got one overwhelming advantage, if you can master the art of being an owl with 360 degree torso twist:

You can run backwards faster than some mechs run forwards. This results in some amusing fights between you and that SRM or SPL boat that you can outrange...

yeah or bedazzel them as they see an Urbie.

#19 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Your journey has begun, yet has far too go. When you can snatch 500 damage and 5 kills from the unenlightened Tryhards with an AC10 Urbie, THEN, you will have reached the beginning of true Urbielightenment.

These are the best I got.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostKyynele, on 28 February 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

Seriously, Urbie isn't a terribad mech, if you build it to be as fast as possible and forget it's signature large ballistics and replace it with MPLs/LPLs. In fact, even metamechs lists the top Urbie variant (R60L) above most Panthers, Commandos, Locusts, Spiders, and some Jenners.

However, it's not spectacularily good in anything either. If you build it to be effective, it's actually good enough that it doesn't even warrant bragging rights when you do well in one.

And if you do keep the signature weaponry, you can expect to not be competitive at all with it. You have a big cannon, but even other lights alpha harder than you. And besides that you're practically a small turret that anyone can one-shot. Some people find enjoyment in that, too.

When one had obtained Urbielightenment, one need not define one's Urbie with scrub builds, but can run with BFG just as UrbieBuddha intended.

You, grasshopper, are not ready for Urbielightenment!!!

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 28 February 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

These are the best I got.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Acceptable, initiate.

Were you using the BFG, or munchkin weaponry, my son?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users