Will You Moderate Team Damage On Ghost Drops?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:09 AM

New Team Kill / Team Damage automatic moderation

An automated penalty system is being implemented to address Team Kills and Team Damage, which will work in much the same way as the existing Disconnect penalty. Like the Disconnect penalty we’re careful to realize that once in a while an accident happens; doing a bit of Team Damage here and there is generally not going to trigger the penalty, and if it does, the initial penalty is minor (only 10 seconds). The system is designed to snare more egregious instances of Team Kills/Damage.

This system does not apply to Private Matches

Posted Image

I submit to you something that is not known to the public.The existence of Mercstar's Battle Royal that sporadicly takes place on ghost drops in CW.

This is something we tend to do when we are bored and are on a ghost drop, battle royals to see who can do the most damage in a FFA environment.

Will your new system punish us for doing this on ghost drops where there is NO ENEMY?

Edited by Sader325, 29 February 2016 - 05:09 AM.

#2 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:23 AM

That would hurt us as well, please address by REMOVING the ghost drop mechanic entirely.
Pointless, boring feature.

Give the people who suffered 10 min waiting time just the win and let them requeue instantly.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

Agreed.

#4 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:25 AM

I bet phase 3 won't address ghost drops, LOL. CW abomination, waste of time, pointlessness. Why you guys even entertain that game mode is beyond me.

#5 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 29 February 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

I bet phase 3 won't address ghost drops, LOL. CW abomination, waste of time, pointlessness. Why you guys even entertain that game mode is beyond me.

It pays better than solo queue, especially when you win pretty much all your matches.

#6 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostSader325, on 29 February 2016 - 06:29 AM, said:

It pays better than solo queue, especially when you win pretty much all your matches.

Bad matchmaking in CW is the reason for that mostly. If matchmaking worked in CW then you would win 1/2 the time on average. Keep in mind how much "fun" it must be for the other team most of the time if you win most of the time.

To be honest, your "win most of the time" is probably the reason CW is unpopular among PUG and less organized players since they are probably the ones "losing most of the time".

#7 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostMawai, on 29 February 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

Bad matchmaking in CW is the reason for that mostly. If matchmaking worked in CW then you would win 1/2 the time on average. Keep in mind how much "fun" it must be for the other team most of the time if you win most of the time.

To be honest, your "win most of the time" is probably the reason CW is unpopular among PUG and less organized players since they are probably the ones "losing most of the time".

There is no matchmaking... That's the point.

Take your anti MS agenda somewhere else, this isn't what this post is about.

#8 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

Get rid of ghost drops
or
Have a Union Class Drop ship we have to fight
or
AI mechs

Or make it so that if we DO ghost then no penalties please. Shooting Sader in the back in a real match is fun, killing him in a battle royal is even more fun :P

#9 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 29 February 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

Have a Union Class Drop ship we have to fight
or
AI mechs

yes! if that is not possible, remove Posted Image

#10 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

...Stop killing your allies for sport in CW. Kill your friends in private matches instead.

#11 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

View Postcazidin, on 29 February 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

...Stop killing your allies for sport in CW. Kill your friends in private matches instead.

Why?

#12 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 29 February 2016 - 06:25 AM, said:

It makes some people feel awesome about themselves because they can harvest damage from bads.

I stopped playing CW when I realized that 99% of the time my only goal was to out-damage my teammates.

#13 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:15 AM

View PostSader325, on 29 February 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Why?

Because PGI says so and every time you kill a teammate a kitten and/or puppy and/or baby spider is made very, very sad. (I don't care about the spiders but think of the kittens and/or puppies!)

#14 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

After ghost drop #3 in a row it's quite common for those of us in a premade to say screw it, let's have some fun and run duels, goof off shooting one another, etc.

We also don't include players not in our group and new players so they don't feel like they're just getting blasted by dbags. Now if they WANT to participate and have a little fun, they're more than welcome, but we don't randomly just start shooting teammates.

If you have teammates who do that to you, then use the report feature. That's what it's there for. It amazes me how many people I see make complaints like this but never bother reporting. (Not accusing you personally but you'd be surprised at how often that's true because I tend to ask that most times in threads like these)

It's a ghost drop.

#15 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

View PostSandpit, on 29 February 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

After ghost drop #3 in a row it's quite common for those of us in a premade to say screw it, let's have some fun and run duels, goof off shooting one another, etc.

We also don't include players not in our group and new players so they don't feel like they're just getting blasted by dbags. Now if they WANT to participate and have a little fun, they're more than welcome, but we don't randomly just start shooting teammates.

If you have teammates who do that to you, then use the report feature. That's what it's there for. It amazes me how many people I see make complaints like this but never bother reporting. (Not accusing you personally but you'd be surprised at how often that's true because I tend to ask that most times in threads like these)

It's a ghost drop.
Yeah, I like the 'freedom', after having sat idle for 10 f'ing minutes to let loose on my drop mates (with their willing participation most of the time)...

#16 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

Easier to apply by default than to make a bunch of exceptions...

Based on that fact, what do you think? :)

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 29 February 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

Yeah, I like the 'freedom', after having sat idle for 10 f'ing minutes to let loose on my drop mates (with their willing participation most of the time)...

lol same here

One of the things I'll do sometimes is send a private message to my lance and call out "Urgent message from FWLM Command: Subversive operative discovered and designated. They have infiltrated our drop force. Priority target (insert player's name here), please eliminate with extreme prejudice. Player is armed and dangerous."

Then we'll all have some fun :D

It's jsut something to help break up the monotony of ghost drops and have a little fun with "the boys". It's basically the equivalent of horsing around in the locker room

#18 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:57 AM

don't know if there will be a penalty, but why not just do FFA in a private match?

#19 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

I've played some games with a reflective property. Any damage dealt to a teammate reflected to the person doing the damage.

I wonder if they can do something like that in MWO.

#20 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostCoolant, on 29 February 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

don't know if there will be a penalty, but why not just do FFA in a private match?

uhm because we're not talking about predetermined matches. We're talking about breaking up the monotony of ghost drops.

View PostAlphaToaster, on 29 February 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

I've played some games with a reflective property. Any damage dealt to a teammate reflected to the person doing the damage.

I wonder if they can do something like that in MWO.

again, in live matches?
sure, why not, well for the first few seconds after spawning anyhow. There's no reason, explanation, or definition you can give me that will convince me I should take damage because Joe Derp doesn't have enough awareness and common sense not to walk in front of guns being fired off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users