What Is Your Personal Dmg/kdr Threshold?

33 replies to this topic

#21 Afuldan McKronik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

That was the first time i have ever looked at my stats lol.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

Don't tend to sweat it, too much.

But it needs to be over 400 dmg and close to a 2.0 KDr before I consider a mech a good fit for me. Under 300 on anything bigger than a Light, means it really is not a good fit for me..... Which it is becoming more and more apparent the Warhammer is not. *sigh*

#23 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

Whereas for me the Warhammer is just solid for my playstyle, but i may as well be in a wet paper bag with the Marauders.

#24 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 02 March 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Heavy mechs bring enough firepower+cooling, getting very good with positioning. Im not saying every game is that kind of damage though. If im doing that i know im doing things right. If im not, then i need to figure out what i did wrong.

I averaged 300 in mediums, excellent matches are 500+ in a medium.

300+ light excellent
500+ medium excellent
700+ heavy excellent
800+ assault excellent (slow means you get less early damage, more one shot clean up kills)

I'm not sure I agree 100% with your numbers. Personally I shoot for 800 damage every match regardless of the mech I am in.

Granted the averages are going to be quite less than that pie in the sky good day. Why? Because several things need to happen for a damage score that HIGH.
--1 The enemy team has to be pretty far below your skill level on the whole for that match. and your own team needs a lance of slackers as well. 250 damage and a 1kill for 12 players guarantees 12 dead atlases.

--2 You also have to be derping it up pretty well yourself to get numbers that high. The more patient and the more accurate you are the lower your damage numbers go to secure the kill. By that I means burning on the lasers through the full twist of the enemy firing on all cylinders through arms STs and CTs as well. It's brute forcing your way to the kill.

--3 If you have a guy that IS being patient and firing when he's got the best shot while you are soaking up damage keeping all that DPS blazing, you're just setting HIM up for the KillSecured.

Remember 250 damage and 1 kill for all means victory over 12 atlases.

Edited by Lugh, 02 March 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#25 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 March 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

But it needs to be over 400 dmg and close to a 2.0 KDr before I consider a mech a good fit for me. Under 300 on anything bigger than a Light, means it really is not a good fit for me..... Which it is becoming more and more apparent the Warhammer is not. *sigh*

Are you having problems with all the variants or just a specific one? I've done quite well on my 6R with 2x UAC5 and 6 Meds.

#26 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Plug: http://mwomercs.com/...-stats-sorting/
MadStats beefs up your mwo stats page so that you can sort, filter, and it calculates extra stats for you like average damage.

For me, I aim for 350+ lights, 400 mediums, 450 heavies, 500+ assaults. 1.8 KDR or higher. WLR I don't give a hoot, because I can't individually control how potato my team is or is not.

#27 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

View PostLugh, on 02 March 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

I'm not sure I agree 100% with your numbers. Personally I shoot for 800 damage every match regardless of the mech I am in.

Granted the averages are going to be quite less than that pie in the sky good day. Why? Because several things need to happen for a damage score that low.
--1 The enemy team has to be pretty far below your skill level on the whole for that match. and your own team needs a lance of slackers as well. 250 damage and a 1kill for 12 players guarantees 12 dead atlases.

--2 You also have to be derping it up pretty well yourself to get numbers that high. The more patient and the more accurate you are the lower your damage numbers go to secure the kill. By that I means burning on the lasers through the full twist of the enemy firing on all cylinders through arms STs and CTs as well. It's brute forcing your way to the kill.

--3 If you have a guy that IS being patient and firing when he's got the best shot while you are soaking up damage keeping all that DPS blazing, you're just setting HIM up for the KillSecured.

Remember 250 damage and 1 kill for all means victory over 12 atlases.

Solo T3 queue woes.

#28 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 March 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

I'm curious. How are your Vindicators? You're probably the best one to ask because nobody I know has even bothered to play them. I ran PPCs on the 1AA for a while and gave up because I was averaging well under 300 dmg, they were just too hot to put out the damage. I tried 2LPL+2ML and it ran too cool, so right now I'm running triple LPL with a 245. My 1R is just shy of 400 average, I've just been running 2LPL+3ML on it and it's been working great. 1X was just pointless, no loadout was attractive enough, so I haven't bothered taking it through Elites, #notworth.

I'm trying to put my thumb on the hitboxes... it feels really squishy. Arms don't shield well, so torso takes damage no matter how aggressively you twist (because it juts forward quite a bit), but you wouldn't want to lose the arms anyways since they're all your guns.

#29 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

Hrm who broke the edit for mobile? :P in my tier, getting that kind of damage is 5-6 kills.

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:26 PM

View PostChimera11, on 02 March 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

Are you having problems with all the variants or just a specific one? I've done quite well on my 6R with 2x UAC5 and 6 Meds.

Issue is my insistence on running PPC arms. And semi stock loads. Just can't bring myself to run bastardized builds on it.

View PostTarogato, on 02 March 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm curious. How are your Vindicators? You're probably the best one to ask because nobody I know has even bothered to play them. I ran PPCs on the 1AA for a while and gave up because I was averaging well under 300 dmg, they were just too hot to put out the damage. I tried 2LPL+2ML and it ran too cool, so right now I'm running triple LPL with a 245. My 1R is just shy of 400 average, I've just been running 2LPL+3ML on it and it's been working great. 1X was just pointless, no loadout was attractive enough, so I haven't bothered taking it through Elites, #notworth.

I'm trying to put my thumb on the hitboxes... it feels really squishy. Arms don't shield well, so torso takes damage no matter how aggressively you twist (because it juts forward quite a bit), but you wouldn't want to lose the arms anyways since they're all your guns.

I'LL have to check w when I get home tomorrow and let you know. I know they nose dived post quirks

#31 Afuldan McKronik

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,331 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

Those arms are really effective shields. Plus ballistic nips.

#32 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostAfuldan McKronik, on 02 March 2016 - 01:27 PM, said:

Those arms are really effective shields. Plus ballistic nips.

Perhaps. But that ain't a Warhammer. Might as well strip the avenger out off the noise of an A10

#33 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 March 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

Perhaps. But that ain't a Warhammer. Might as well strip the avenger out off the noise of an A10

It definitely sucks that PPCs aren't more useful. In MW4 they're my most used weapon, but here they're just so...meh. The only builds I've seen that seem to really work are the builds boating 4, like the Masakari.

On WHM day 1 I tried using stock or semi-stock loadouts, but I don't think I even broke 500 dmg, not even in good matches where I had lots of opportunity.

#34 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Depends on the mech. Generally this:

<200 - Terrible
<300 - Yuck, but helped kinda
>300 - Ok.. I did enough I guess
>400 - I did well
>500 - Great
>800 - I carried some people. Because if everyone did well I wouldn't have hit 800.

A few exceptions...
  • BJ-3 - 300+ is good. It's a fun mech with low dps, but works on specific mech parts to help the team.
  • Locust - 200+ is good enough, 400+ is fantastic. When I get that I lightly mock anyone that did less than I did
  • Warhawk-B - <600 if I don't break that damage in my 4 lrm 10, 2 erll, 2 erml Warhawk, I did something terribly wrong OR my team got wrecked so fast that I simply didn't even have a chance to get my damage out. Normally it's the second case... WHEN it happens.
  • Warhawk-Prime - <600 Has yet to happen since I rebuilt it.. so I fully expect to break this threshold every time. Has 1 gauss, 2 lpl, 2 erml, lrm 10/5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users