#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

View Post1453 R, on 02 March 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Ask Piranha to finally, finally, finally, FINALLY implement an Honorable Surrender/Withdraw option, as should have been in the game from the start.

Until then? He can attempt to ram the enemy to death.

This is a game, not an actual war. Running down the clock because you dun' wanna take your lumps like a soldier is not, and never will be, cool.

Now that is what I call "a matter of opinion". Posted Image

#22 Intrepid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 02 March 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

1.). Shutting down/Hiding to force a timeclock win is 100% allowed according to Terms Of Service.

2.). Shutting down/hiding to force a timeclock loss or Tie is 100% prohibited according to TOS.

1 & 2 are incorrect.

#23 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:36 AM

There are situations that do not fall within the scope of what the shutdown mechanic or evasion tactics are intended for. The use of the shutdown mechanic or avoiding contact with the enemy under the following situations may be classed as an act of non-participation, subject to evaluation and moderation actions by Support services:
  • Ceasing to meaningfully contribute for the remainder of the match if you still have support equipment, useful modules, or weapons (with any necessary ammo) available. Losing your primary weapon is not an acceptable excuse for hiding and/or shutting down if you still have a secondary weapon, a support-based item such as a TAG, or a consumable module available for use.
  • Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory.
  • Running out the clock or needlessly extending the duration of a Faction Play match in an attempt to keep a particular group or Unit in the current engagement for as long as possible, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory, is not considered an acceptable tactic.
Disliking a map or game mode or attempting to preserve a player statistic such as Kill/Death Ratio are not acceptable excuses for non-participation.

I dont disconnect when i die. I like watching the match. Hide and seek is no good match without any fighting for me, even if the odds are bismal for you, as long as you try it is more enjoyable to watch than waiting. Shutdown to ambush an enemy is fine, did it myself and was lucky enough to kill several mechs not as last man standing though. But it is impolite to the other players to make them wait just because of reasons imo.

#24 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

If your shut down leads to a win it is allowed. This 'leads to a win' is the important part.
if you are running down the clock shut down and win that way it's ok. If
you do the same and lose, well...

#25 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

Had a Jenner IIc totally take advantage of a tactical shutdown v me and in a SHC and a TBR the other day.

He came around and cored out my back in one. We snap shot and took his one torso, he haird off. We pursued.

I went right past him as he shutdown around the first corner he went around and the TBR also went rightpast him. He powered up and finished me with another rear torso shot with the SRMs that remained.

It was an epicly well done ambush.

#26 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostIntrepid, on 03 March 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

1 & 2 are incorrect.

Why do you say #1 is incorrect?

#27 Oncoshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:59 AM

Well i dont like it too when somone runs away and do nothing so i cant drop with my mech again till the time is over.

But in a game where stats are recorded i would say it`s allowed to do so.

#28 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostOncoshi, on 03 March 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

Well i dont like it too when somone runs away and do nothing so i cant drop with my mech again till the time is over.

But in a game where stats are recorded i would say it`s allowed to do so.

And you'd be wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users