New Player Feedback Guide

7 replies to this topic

#1 DEMOLITIONmanx52

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

Hello MechWarriors i hope you are all doing well this is a video on how to build a EBON JAGUAR.
This video will help new and experienced players.
Enjoy.

#2 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:20 AM

6 Pulse Mediums on Ebon Jaguar . Meta? ..

Good build if there was no big maps where people poke you to death over 600 meters .

Unless you know which map you playing on (premades) in which case its specific situation and not regular game that most of us play. Otherwise it sounds like a camper build that hopes for a small map .

There is no way you will have consistent winrate in Tier 1 with terrible optimal range . Which is why a better player would find balance between long range weapons and close range weapons .

Its a 65 Ton mech , I think you can bring 2 LPL and fill the rest with some shorter lasers for back up . Its slightly and I mean slightly worse in close range . Yet it works on all maps not 50% of them .

I don't know what Professional MWO game is . Last time I cheeked we have no real Ranked Q .Meta is not defined by 500 friends playing together without any motivation for anyone else to play competitive game .

If I am playing by myself in the only well populated mode those are not good builds . If you playing Premade vs Pugs well that does not make you good player either (you just abusing the fact that PGI never addressed the issue that most competitive games actually did) . If you playing Premades vs Premades with very low competition level that is not really "professional" game .

Edited by MadCat02, 04 March 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#3 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 04 March 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

I think you can bring 2 LPL and fill the rest with some shorter lasers for back up.

It works quite nicely (but the MLas are not backup, you use them combined with the LPLas). Actually, it fits so well you'd believe it was made for it.

About the 6 MPLas build, I don't know. It's a build I like on the Hellbringer, so I suppose it will be OK enough, but for some reason it never occur to me to build it on the Jaguar. But it's fast enough to close the distance (as long as your team is with you). Anyway, it's not a common build.
The large TC looks like a waste of tonnage, especially when you can mount MOAR LAZORS.

Anyway, it's probably the only decent build presented on this video.
UAC/20, UAC/2 and LPLas makes really little sense. So does the machine gun O_o'
Also, 17 points of rear armor is a waste, you don't need that if you have good positionning. I think I have 5-ish on mine.

And, by the way, the Ebon Jaguar is an omnimech, you are not bound to the stock hardpoints! On the video I see no change of omnipods, you're building them as they were basic battlemechs with fixed configuration.

tl;dr: read this guide instead.

#4 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:55 AM

Yeah.. I dont know about those builds. . .

#5 Shu Horus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:51 AM

the 6 MPLas build, I don't know. It's a build I like on the Hellbringer , so I suppose it will be OK enough, but for some reason it never occur to me to build it on the Jaguar.

The Hellbringer sports ECM and therefore has some viable option to actually get into the range to use this. The Jaguar does not. It's quit a waste on this beast. Unless you are in a Cityfight Map, You'll be most likely down to 50% before you can score your first hit. Second, most Jaguars are known as long rage experts, if you are spotted by a light, expect to get pounded really quick.

A Stormcrow can carry the same weapon loadout and is 25% faster and way more agile to put them to use.

There are better options to flesh out the Jaguar. As someone already mentioned, it's an Omni. There are no negative Quirks anymore, so use the change ability of the Omnipods to build something decent.

Cheers
Nuit

#6 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

View PostDEMOLITIONmanx52, on 03 March 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

Hello MechWarriors i hope you are all doing well this is a video on how to build a EBON JAGUAR.
This video will help new and experienced players.
Enjoy.

Not a good build.

#7 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:46 AM

Glorious Laser Drill

#8 The Mecha Streisand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:35 PM

This is an irresponsible trolling post, right? I mean, like, HAHA NEWB THE JOKE IS ON YOU? It's gotta be.

NEW PLAYERS: Pay no attention to the EBJ build behind the curtain. It is bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users