What Is Your Go-To "carry Harder" Mech

40 replies to this topic

#1 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:48 AM

Well all, I'm stuck in that rut. Last night I played like 7-8 games where almost half my team struggled to break 200 damage (or couldnt even do that).

I remember in one of those games, I was in my ASRM30 Summoner; and myself and the missile Jenner IIC accounted for an Awesome, a Mauler, a Jagermech, and a Locust (all just the two of us- any contribution by any of our other teamates was minor at best).

The rest of our team lost 9-12...

So, MM is putting me in the "carry harder" zone, so I am interested to know what builds people bring when that happens

#2 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

Your best bet is to take whatever mech you want and then challenge your team to beat your score. Bonus points for using lighter non-broken hitbox mechs.

Or one thing I would do when I still had chat enabled was to call out one of my team in ALL as the primary, that usually sparked a decent match from them.

#3 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostColdPsyker1, on 03 March 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

So, MM is putting me in the "carry harder" zone, so I am interested to know what builds people bring when that happens

UAC5 (with 2SL cuz I hate the arms looking bare) Mauler. That's what I take when I "need" a win. If nothing else, I WILL get a solo kill or two, and that always makes me feel better.

Edit: the "carry harder" aspect changes from week to week with me however. Depends on what I am strugling with (trying to master) at the moment. If I am working lights I tend to go to an Assault for my win fix. That sort of thing.

Edited by Bud Crue, 03 March 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:05 AM

It varies from night to night, but there are a few I go to when things get rough.

My number one right now is the Bounty Hunter (Marauder). Good firepower, decent handling, slow but very durable. It just comes through for me.

I've also relied on the Crab 27B (MPLaser boat) and the Cicada 2A (MLaser boat). Speed and good firepower. Not very durable, but results are good and sometimes I just like being that knife fighter.

That's about it really.

Honorable mention: I used to take out the Ilya Muromets with the 3A/C5s when things got rough, but changed to the Marauder 3R. The MAD is a bit more min/max than the Ilya, but I'll say this, the Ilya seems effective no mater how beat up it gets.

#5 Dashia

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:12 AM

I run SHD's now. And being tier 4 im not the best palyer. But when i just need to get something done i break out my SHD-2D2

run an xl325, ac5, mls, 3xsrm4, and one flamer. it works rather well the ac5 is for range just so i feel i can do something. The mls srm4 and flamer work great at close range my speed plus the flamer. i can overheat a king crap than just blast him in the face with the srms (giving i can get close enough before he kills me with tons of dakka). on a good macth i pull 2-3 kills and 600-700 Dmg. normaly i only get around 300-500 Dmg which for little T4 me i think its decent.

#6 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

When i really need to kill stuff?

Banshee-3M. XL380. 5xLPL.

My baby, wrecks more than anything else.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:40 AM

Urbanmech.
None of that "energy centric" crap either! GO BALLISTIC OR GO HOME!

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 03 March 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#8 habu86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

MAD-5M with 2xUAC5, 3-4xML, STD320 and 1 JJ. Doesn't look particularly impressive on paper, but there's something about the way that thing plays that just clicks with me, and I end up doing consistently well and having a good time.

What I'm saying is, don't worry too much about being put in the "carry harder" slot (I think the MM still has more than just a little bit of Elo in it) and don't stress out over specific builds. What constitutes a "carry harder" build will vary from player to player, as a function of playstyle.

Honestly, when in a rut, you should probably be focusing playing builds that you enjoy and have fun with. Carrying starts with enjoying what you do; if you're ever in danger of losing that, work on regaining it before worrying about other stuff.

#9 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:03 AM

Timberwolf UAC10 4SRMs4 2MGs and 2SPLs thoses days.

Well all, I'm stuck in that rut. Last night I played like 7-8 games where almost half my team struggled to break 200 damage (or couldnt even do that).

I remember in one of those games, I was in my ASRM30 Summoner

Hehe welcome in my world.
Just a question by ASRMS30 you mean SSRMS or SRMS ?

#10 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Right now mine are typically my Warhammer or Stalker. If I get a run of bad games or just find myself in a rut, I can break those out and typically start doing 500+ damage consistently :D

Those two mechs are always loaded up and ready to go.

#11 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

I have two mechs, that I pilot when I need to brake the loseing streak....

My "I'm going to cave in your chest!" Warhammer

WHM-6R(S)

and

"I feel like I'm cheating"

TBR-PRIME(I)

But then again, I like my PPC's, and I'm a decent shot with them too.

#12 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

I might bring my Gargoyle. Yes, my Gargoyle. I do really great in that thing, surprisingly. I have it set up with two Large Pulse Lasers and 4 ER Small Lasers.

#13 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

Any of the mechs listed below on my sig.

No matter how F'ed in the B sideways the match goes, I pop in one of them and all is right as rain again.

#14 Weaselball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 670 posts
  • LocationHell's ********, AKA Fresno.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

Atlas or Zeus.

#15 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 March 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

I have two mechs, that I pilot when I need to brake the loseing streak....

My "I'm going to cave in your chest!" Warhammer

WHM-6R(S)

and

"I feel like I'm cheating"

TBR-PRIME(I)

But then again, I like my PPC's, and I'm a decent shot with them too.

WHM-6R

That's becoming my "go to" Whammy build.

#16 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:11 AM

View PostSandpit, on 03 March 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

WHM-6R

That's becoming my "go to" Whammy build.

Oh that Warhammer build makes me a little sad.... no PPC arms...

I find that I like having my CIWS on my build, the SPL+MG+ASRM4 just murders things below 100m in short order.

#17 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:16 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 March 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

I find that I like having my CIWS on my build, the SPL+MG+ASRM4 just murders things below 100m in short order.

I'm a big fan of torso mounting when possible. You lose a little vertical aim, but I generally get a little more longevity on them as well than when I arm mount.

The AC5's will do surprisingly well under 100M, drop in the AC5 cool down module and it's like an AC10 except firing at a fast rate.

The other loadout I use (I have both R's as I've got the (S) variant as well) is 2LPL and 4MPL. That thing has a deceptively high alpha that will melt mechs

#18 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 03 March 2016 - 09:11 AM, said:

Well, i never read the following line in any novel...

"He gently squeezed the triggers on the joysticks of his Warhammer and.. cursed violently as the 2 azure beams crashed uselessly into the small hillock in front of the mech."

Its more along the lines of:

"He raised the twin barrels of his Warhammer's PPCs over the small hillock in font of the mech, caressed the triggers and sent twin azure beams into the heart of the enemy mech.."

My point being, i'll put weapons in the arms like they are supposed to be when PGI allows me to extend the arms so its not a gigantic disadvantage that it is not supposed to be.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:32 AM

I remember in one of those games, I was in my ASRM30 Summoner; and myself and the missile Jenner IIC accounted for an Awesome, a Mauler, a Jagermech, and a Locust (all just the two of us- any contribution by any of our other teamates was minor at best).

The rest of our team lost 9-12...

HBK-4G(F) Hunchback

Unrepentantly wrecking MetaCheese Copypasta since 2012.

#20 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

Wubshee. But I got bored with running it so now I use Clam tech (well, was before the de-nerf) and assault poptarts for hardmode™.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users