I Have Sinned...

26 replies to this topic

#1 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:27 AM

Im always saying how 30$ for a single mech is ridiculous
Just paid 240$ for 24 mechs and I was getting 8 FPS in faction wars recently (game runs like crap too)

I just don't want to grind anymore for new mechs but I do enjoy this game Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

LMFAO, if you have sinned, I am the devil incarnate hahahahahaha, I think I am only missing the urbie, and the last mech from IIC, I have purchased all the other packs....I feel so unclean now lmfao

#3 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

To think that a full priced game is only 60$ too

#4 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

Welcome to the daaaark side.

#5 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:40 AM

We're all Whales down here...

#6 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:42 AM

Your only redemption is to buy more. MORE.

#7 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:49 AM

you should have used that money for new hardware - 8fps is unplayable

#8 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:50 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 04 March 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

Just paid 240$ for 24 mechs and I was getting 8 FPS in faction wars recently (game runs like crap too)

I just don't want to grind anymore for new mechs but I do enjoy this game Posted ImagePosted Image

After seeing the title of this thread I seriously thought you were confessing to using LRMs as a primary source of skill..... I was wrong.... welcome to the PGI world of free to pl...pla....win doctrine...

#9 brroleg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:07 AM

Wait till you realize that all 24 mechs are playable only in basically the same laser boat build.

#10 Jehofi

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:11 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 04 March 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

Even if they would only aim at 60$ per player you have to finance the non paying players, it is f2p after all.

Btw 60$ is for the base game, you need another xxx$ for the whole DLC. Your argument is sadly based on 1995 prices.

#11 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

you should invest in hardware.. 8fps is truly unplayable..

#12 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

thats only $10/mech, not $30 Posted Image

It's just a question of where you draw the line

Edited by NextGame, 04 March 2016 - 01:38 AM.

#13 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:32 AM

I meant the boars head

#14 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:33 AM

Whatever makes you happy I guess... ...sucker!

#15 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

Hell, the only way video gaming markets can stay alive is with "pay to update to everyone else" mechanics. The whole buy it, get the patches, keep playing for years is long gone. The mod community has been knocked out of popular games thanks to Steam... and the only way a game title survives anymore is by making the crack....and getting the buyer addicted to the crack...so they can buy more crack when it comes out...

As a hardcore PC gamer since before internet was a household name.....I blame the console market and the generation of the console gamer.... along with the modern "app" addict. Back in my day you didn't have rapid release games that weren't really proven until the players played it. Free to play used to be called a demo..... of a completed product..that you paid for and never paid again for it...

Welcome to the pay to beta era..... It is the only way that games can stay in the flow....

#16 Thunderbird Anthares

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

View PostReemusX, on 04 March 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

After seeing the title of this thread I seriously thought you were confessing to using LRMs as a primary source of skill..... I was wrong.... welcome to the PGI world of free to pl...pla....win doctrine...

View Postbrroleg, on 04 March 2016 - 01:07 AM, said:

Wait till you realize that all 24 mechs are playable only in basically the same laser boat build.

i find these 2 comments hilarious in comparison

@OP
yes, you have sinned, you have sinned greatly
stop buying crap until you get your PC upgrade.... you need to enjoy your purchases too, not suffer through them Posted Image

#17 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

View PostReemusX, on 04 March 2016 - 01:40 AM, said:

Hell, the only way video gaming markets can stay alive is with "pay to update to everyone else" mechanics. The whole buy it, get the patches, keep playing for years is long gone. The mod community has been knocked out of popular games thanks to Steam... and the only way a game title survives anymore is by making the crack....and getting the buyer addicted to the crack...so they can buy more crack when it comes out...

As a hardcore PC gamer since before internet was a household name.....I blame the console market and the generation of the console gamer.... along with the modern "app" addict. Back in my day you didn't have rapid release games that weren't really proven until the players played it. Free to play used to be called a demo..... of a completed product..that you paid for and never paid again for it...

Welcome to the pay to beta era..... It is the only way that games can stay in the flow....

I remember those days, i remember breaking into that shinny box with the locust on it and "Crescent Hawks Revenge" plastered all over the top in the BTech yellow and black background and font. Looking at those blue disks just waiting to be put into my floppy drive, and booting it, and playing it with nothing but the load time of the drive to hold me back.... Granted, there were bugs in the game, but nothing like today.

Today though, most big named studious other than Blizz are willing to dump tons of money into creating an indepth long lasting game because it makes them very little to no money. Look at the CoD franchise, since the first modern warfare sky rocketed with sales, they have released a new title almost yearly, with a possible graphics update being the biggest update to the newly released game. Though most game modes and weapons still exist across titles, they still have massive bugs that have to be day one patched out, and it has not been until the last few years that DLC brings new weapons, colors and skins to said new titles. before you paid the 60$, and all you got was the game. Then you paid 20 and got maps, now you pay 20 and get a gun and helmet for your avatar lol. You are right, it was the quick growth of the console gamers that brought the insta gratification and lackluster titles, and buggy releases to all. Sad.... but I still play my crescent hawks every now and then on my Atari TT lmfao

#18 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:00 AM

View Postkesuga7, on 04 March 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

And on Console for $70.00 for many you get a full 12-15 hours of do it over again gameplay. Posted Image

MWO has provided more than 400+ hours of game for myself and it is not done yet...

So yes, the cost of something is all "relative" really. :)

Edited by Almond Brown, 04 March 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#19 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:05 AM

View PostJehofi, on 04 March 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

Even if they would only aim at 60$ per player you have to finance the non paying players, it is f2p after all.

Btw 60$ is for the base game, you need another xxx$ for the whole DLC. Your argument is sadly based on 1995 prices.

That still isn't accurate. I've gotten plenty of full games for $60 very recently. But, if you want to add on the DLC cost for some games that I've purchased - still no where near $240.

And I think his point was more or less charging everyone $60 for the game and not making it F2P.

#20 xTrident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 655 posts
  • LocationWork or Home

Posted 04 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 04 March 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

And on Console for $70.00 for many you get a full 12-15 hours of do it over again gameplay. Posted Image

MWO has provided more than 400+ hours of game for myself and it is not done yet...

So yes, the cost of something is all "relative" really. Posted Image

I paid $15 for Gears 3 and I bet I've got at least 400+ hours into it. I've got over 700 hours into Supreme Commander 2 and I believe I spent $20 on it. So yeah, it's all relative to the individual.

But MWO isn't do it over gameplay...? Okay...

Most console games since like 2007 offer a story mode as well as an online mode. MWO offers an online mode. What's the difference? Especially when you consider TDM is pretty damn normal. Players interest, that's what.

Edited by xTrident, 04 March 2016 - 06:10 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users