Large Number of founders sold and what it could mean for MWO.

52 replies to this topic

#41 Petrothian Tong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I wonder, about the "refresh"

does that mean our prem time or credits?

#42 WildBill TRiAD

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 21 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationApollo Beach, Florida

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

I Will be Purchasing a founders pack...........as soon as I can figure out how to keep the wife from finding the CC Bill.

#43 Amigoid

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDenver

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostSoulvoid, on 13 July 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

From Bryan Ekman 4Jul2012

For one, standard retail ALPHA/BETA definitions do not apply to online F2P games. The game will always be in development, which means, new features and content will roll out frequently. We have not announced hard dates for Open Beta or Release. Our goal has always been to hit Open Beta before the end of summer.

Founder's:
  • On August 7th, Founder's early access will begin and still considered part of the Closed Beta period.
  • Player's will have access to all of their Founder's perks and rewards.
  • -->These rewards will be reset from time-to-time during until Open Beta. (new)<--
  • When MWO goes Open Beta, all Founder's perks and rewards will be reset to 100% for the final time.
  • Once in Open Beta, your premium account bonuses will begin, and any MC used will be permanently spent.

So no open beta 7AUG2012.

Also since the production equipment is still not fully online, the timetable has slipped at least a bit. From everything posted, early access to closed beta for founders is still (currently) 7Aug2012.

Well, one thing that big infusion of money can provide is more server hardware, if needed, to accomodate the massive numbers of new players coming on Aug. 7th, so, yeah, seeing that so many went ALL IN and bought a legendary founder account, like me, is definitely a good thing.

And yeah, they worked on Duke Nukem, but now they have the reins so they can make MWO a big hit. If it has good gameplay mechanics and we can have fun with the Mech Lab, custom building mechs, then, cool. That is more important to me than great water effects and trees.
I have enough horsepower under the hood, and will probably move my dual 5850 cards into my son's beefy rig and make him have tri-crossfire, tri-screen eyefinity, and I will slap in a 7950 in their place in mine.

#44 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostWildBill TRiAD, on 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

I Will be Purchasing a founders pack...........as soon as I can figure out how to keep the wife from finding the CC Bill.

Payment with prepaid credit cards, such as those purchased from big chain stores/post offices/etc, has been confirmed to work, although it is best you stick with the VISA or MasterCard ones. So really all you need to do is funnel 30, 60 or 120 bucks in cash away from the Trouble and Strife without her finding out and onto one of these.

#45 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

View PostBlackAbbot, on 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM, said:

Payment with prepaid credit cards, such as those purchased from big chain stores/post offices/etc, has been confirmed to work, although it is best you stick with the VISA or MasterCard ones. So really all you need to do is funnel 30, 60 or 120 bucks in cash away from the Trouble and Strife without her finding out and onto one of these.

+1 for good advice to your fellow ball and chain clubmember

#46 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

View PostDredhawk, on 14 July 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Well if the game turn out to suck they will probably have a lot of angry founders LOL

Sadly even with all the work there are doing, there will be some people out there that will want to spoil it for the TRUE fans.
While they are testing a lot there is a lot not covered by PURE stupidity.
So I would expect a few month for it to settle down and future development will make it better.

Edited by Lupin, 15 July 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#47 hellsfinest

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNapa, CA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

If the game plays out half as good as it looks so far I'll be happy with my Founder payment! :)

#48 TheOneGunslinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostLupin, on 15 July 2012 - 03:22 AM, said:

Sadly even with all the work there are doing, there will be some people out there that will want to spoil it for the TRUE fans.
While they are testing a lot there is a lot not covered by PURE stupidity.
So I would expect a few month for it to settle down and future development will make it better.

i guess by TRUE fans you mean long time BT fans the thing is it more likely to be them that doesnt like how the game turns out new people to MW will be judging the game by its self not by what has come before

sorry if this come off a bit snappy

Edited by TheOneGunslinger, 15 July 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#49 Merrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 336 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

all i know is i have wait a good chunk of my adult life for a new and proper MW title so i feel my founders contribution will always be money well spent for the simple fact of at least PGI is trying to bring a series we all love so much back from the death that Microsoft gave it. For my money, it's a worthy sacrifice even if it should fail in the end.

#50 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostWildBill TRiAD, on 14 July 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Just tell her you are buying it then buy it... thats what I did.

#51 Baron Kreight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

I do hope founders numbers will increase even more drastically before August 7th. And I'm sure MWO will be an enjoyable lasting experience for all of us.

#52 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostBodha, on 15 July 2012 - 02:04 AM, said:

+1 for good advice to your fellow ball and chain clubmember

This is why i love to have a gamer as a wife - as long as i dont buy crap games. :)

#53 Galban

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

As already stated the game will be in continual development, meaning they could release a game with good gameplay direct and continue working on it. As I see it the community warfare is not ready yet (guessing this will be done outside the CryEngine) and thus will probably on a coming soon list. F2P games are never really done, they are pretty much all in Open Beta IMHO :)

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users