Gargoyle.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

Anyone have builds for the Gargoyle Prime, D and A.

#2 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:27 AM

GAR-D

#3 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:39 AM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 05 March 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

To play this build properly, you need an accompanying song. I recommend:

In all seriousness, when played properly, that build will melt your opposition to slag before they could say "what the hell is that gargoyle doing with all those guns?"

#4 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:54 AM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 05 March 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Hmm looks interesting. good thing i have tons of C-ERM and ERS.

#5 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yay Gargs! My second favourite assaults after Executioners. Fast assaults are just such a fun and unique play style.

GAR-D
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...96a2f03b4873994

Armor just thrown on, probably want less on back. Play like a close range medium on steroids. You find isolated targets you can bum rush, and you core them in seconds. Can also try with SPL, but requires less ammo.

GAR-Prime
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7b2a7c1a5cacb00

More typical clan loadout. Use for horizontal, not vertical poking. Shoot and move, your job is to out-trade people. If you're not used to preserving 1-sided mech builds you might start by splitting the ER ML with the other arm. Again armor is not precise.

Edited by Shalune, 05 March 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#6 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 07 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

This is my GAR-D. I use the two cool shots as well as the radar deprivation and range and cooldown modules for the cERSLAS. With the TC6, it puts the optimal range out to around 260m. It's perfect for dipping out from behind your heavier assaults in a brawl and critting the hell out of exposed internals, as well as punishing anyone who wants to play corner peeker at close range. You can link fire all the cERSLAS on the hot maps and reach only about 70% heat. Also pairs quite well with a flank push comprised of an ECM mech, preferably a HBR, and some faster assaults, either more GARs or EXEs.

This is my GAR-PRIME . I call it my mini-Executioner, because I run a similar build on my EXEs, but with a cUAC/20 instead of the cUAC/10. It's quite fun to play and sustains damage output well. It's more of a second line skirmisher.

This is my GAR-A . It is my least favorite, and I am constantly trying to find a decent build for it.

#7 Garfuncle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

Are LBX shotgun builds viable?

#8 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:09 AM

Dat build is what i use on my prime and is my best Gargoyle build so far :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c658177ef797660

About LBX build, i have use this one with good efficiency, but it's not very powerfull. It's fun though :
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f1404ad6de0c931

Some people use LB20X builds, but i never try this.

#9 Dekallis

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

GAR-A Should allow you to reach out and touch someone with respectable range if you use range modules in combination with the TC. armor is frontloaded a bit because this is more of a brawler(I play my garg as a brawler)

You can run LB10 or LB5 on a garg quite fine, I recommend running Cooldown modules for whichever LBX you choose though. LB 10's and below don't generate a lot of heat so you can still fire away while near shutdown which makes them great supporting weapons for a set of lasers. You do a bunch of damage quickly with the lasers the LBX becomes dps and depending on build you may even be able to squeeze some srms in though you may have to sacrifice some armor for srms.

That LB2 build is also something I tried. It's not bad high damage potential but takes to long to get there. Decent at bullying smaller mechs though. The firerates you can achieve with full cdr is pretty impressive. but there's no room for a good supporting weapon to be your KO punch to go with that dps. I earnestly considered trying lrms with them to go full fire support but never got around to trying it. though looking at that build i noticed you could swap the srms for lrm5's and litterally not have to change anything else and get a bit more range synergy with your lbx and the missiles. So why the srms?

My actual gar build varies a lot ( I get bored using the same weapons all the time) but I favor using a UAC/10 or UAC/20 when I'm not running a LBX10 or LBX5 in one arm along with fist full of lasers on the other arm. I generally run high front loaded armor and a basic TC along with range module for the lasers and CDR for my ballistic weapon. I actually earned my ace of spades with LBX5 and small pulses with a TC and extra heatsinks

If i remember right it looked something like this: GAR-PRIME the seventh laser is basically just a holdout weapon for use if i lose an arm or am just desperate and need an extra shot it's not meant to be fired with the rest of the weapons normally to keep heat from scaling out of control.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users