Mechwarrior 4 Check List And Next Mech Packages?

63 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:58 PM

So for anyone who has played any of the Mechwarrior franchise.There is one title of the game series that brings much joy but at the same time brings cringes from others (I say you guys just boring Posted Image)..that is the Mechwarrior 4 series. The original list was an almost all star cast with some new comers that have create cult followings for some of them. They also redesigned some mechs from original TRO look and renovated the design completely almost (Hellhound!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For some that this was their favorite OR first introduction to the Mechwarrior/Battletech universe. I figured I would look into something here how many of these mechs are in game already and how many are left? how many are out completely(tech issues)? What are the crowd favorites that are left? Yes I know the date to go off of right now is 3053....but there are only so many mechs left worth adding before they would need to start diving into the 3055 to 3065 era.

Anyone else at all some rather surprised at how many chassis are not X'ed off with a date before 3054 even?

What other packages we got left?

- Clan Wave IV (3053)
- Phoenix Wave II (3053?)
- Resistance III (3054?)
- Clan Wave V (3063?)
- *Insert clever title here* IS Omni's (3065?)

Not to mention individual packages or possible, Clan Battlemech packs and/or a few (decent) IIC's.

What other past Mechwarrior video games do you guys want to see them fill out?

Edited by CK16, 04 August 2017 - 07:37 PM.

#2 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

View PostCK16, on 04 March 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

So for anyone who has played any of the Mechwarrior franchise.There is one title of the game series that brings much joy but at the same time brings cringes from others (I say you guys just boring Posted Image)..that is the Mechwarrior 4 series. The original list was an almost all star cast with some new comers that have create cult followings for some of them. They also redesigned some mechs from original TRO look and renovated the design completely almost (Hellhound!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For some that this was their favorite OR first introduction to the Mechwarrior/Battletech universe. I figured I would look into something here how many of these mechs are in game already and how many are left? how many are out completely(tech issues)? What are the crowd favorites that are left? Yes I know the date to go off of right now is 3053....but there are only so many mechs left worth adding before they would need to start diving into the 3055 to 3065 era.

Anyone else at all some rather surprised at how many chassis are not X'ed off with a date before 3054 even?

What other packages we got left?

- Clan Wave IV (3053)
- Phoenix Wave II (3053?)
- Resistance III (3054?)
- Clan Wave V (3063?)
- *Insert clever title here* IS Omni's (3065?)

Not to mention individual packages or possible, Clan Battlemech packs and/or a few (decent) IIC's.

What other past Mechwarrior video games do you guys want to see them fill out?

Crescent Hawk's Inception, Crescent Hawk's Revenge, MW2 Mercs. Then MW2, MW2 GBL, then MW3, then MW3 Pirates moon....

then, maybe, then, after getting truly neglected chassis in, would I want to see MW4 addressed, being the MOST recent actual title before MWO. And the furthest advanced in time line.

Not going to froth and rage if mechs get added, early, but like Rus intimated, would prefer to see mechs like the Vulcan, Stinger, Wasp, Assassin, Thug, etc get a shot before jumping up to the Uber Tech Mechs that are all gimmes to eventually appear, anyhow.

But TBH, if I could just see the Vulcan, Assassin and Crusader make it, then I'd probably be pretty chill about the rest.

We've had Super Novas, Nova Cats, etc in game. I don't believe the Vulcan has EVER made it in game.

#3 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:02 PM

Can we include the mechs that Mektek added(Canon battletech)

#4 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:04 PM

Personally, the only mech I'm super adament about being added to this game is the Bushwacker, even though I'll admit it's a bad mech. My nostalgia for it is just too strong.

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:30 PM

Aside from the Templar, nothing really tickles my fancy in that MW4 list. There is something about 85 ton mechs that simply suits my play style.

Though I dearly love the BT franchise, I am jaded to the point that any mech release, aside from the Blood Kite, will make me just go ¯\_()_/¯.

Edited by El Bandito, 04 March 2016 - 11:32 PM.

#6 Herbi Vore

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:42 PM

Osiris, there's something about that long legged chicken that always made me giggle.

#7 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:17 AM

I actually like this version of the Hellhound ...
Posted Image

#8 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:37 AM

We ain't advancing in the bloody time line, til i get my bloody Scorpion! Posted Image

#9 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:54 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 March 2016 - 02:37 AM, said:

We ain't advancing in the bloody time line, til i get my bloody Scorpion! Posted Image

As a filthy clanner, I support any notion that supports any quads, even IS ones.

I means it gets me closer to my my Stalking Spider. :(

#10 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

That list forgot the MW4 DLC mechs.

IS:
hunchback
dragon
highlander
zeus

Clan:
Arctic wolf (MW4 version was canonised into Arctic wolf II)
Ebon jaguar
Warhawk
Kodiak (MW4 version was canonised into Kodiak II)

#11 Fart Huffer

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

they are all just different configurations of the same 3 pew pews, 12 colors of bejewb bejewbs and the numbers 1 - 20 of rockets. what we needs is more weapon variety but

Behemoth and the rail gun to go with it

#12 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:42 AM

The Argus was one of the best mech, profile-wise.

Maybe I would take it for nostalgia...

#13 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

I don't believe the Vulcan has EVER made it in game.

You're correct.

It's also the poster child for the why the hell didn't you use a PPC or LL instead of a single AC2 when you made this thing movement...

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 05 March 2016 - 06:56 AM.

#14 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 06:59 AM

thx for making this

#15 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:03 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 March 2016 - 02:37 AM, said:

Seriously, I feel ya.
Though they should try making 4 legged mechs in the PVE campaign, just to how they would work. I'd bet you they could to a pretty alright job with em.

Edited by Timuroslav, 05 March 2016 - 07:03 AM.

#16 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 05 March 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

You're correct.

It's also the poster child for the why the hell didn't you use a PPC or LL instead of a single AC2 when you made this thing movement...

I don't know, AC2s are probably useful against fighters and vehicles, just stay out of range and pepper them from a distance.

But yeah, that's the reason Vulcan 5T exists, that removes the AC2 and crams in Medium Lasers and armor.

#17 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 05 March 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

I don't know, AC2s are probably useful against fighters and vehicles, just stay out of range and pepper them from a distance.

But yeah, that's the reason Vulcan 5T exists, that removes the AC2 and crams in Medium Lasers and armor.

Which you can do with a PPC just as well or far far better. Besides the damn thing has only 45 shots. If you're fighting a 4/6 enemy at long range... (only scenario where you can effectively kite the enemy) you really think you're going to kill them like that? Best case (they move less than 5 hexes and you don't have to jump) you're at +6 to hit before your gunnery score. So... assuming you've got an average 4/5 pilot... that's a 10 or better so 16.67% chance to hit. Meaning of your 45 shots you'll hit 7-8 of them. Doing a grand total of maybe 16 damage spread all over the target.

#18 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

I don't believe the Assassin has EVER made it in game, except mw2

An once again I'm agree with Bish.... Posted Image

We need the Assassin!

Posted Image

#19 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Sunder was one of my fav assaults in MW4, make it so! Posted Image

#20 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 05 March 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

You're correct.

Lore. One of the more endearing parts of Btech, at least early on, less power creep, and little minmaxing, because let's face it, the military industrial establishment seldom gets it THAT right. (Look into the history of the Osprey, Zumwalts, Gerald Ford Class aircraft carrier, F35, etc). Even many "icons" started life, not so well revered. Like the P-38 Lightning.

From a Lore perspective, the AC2 made a lot of sense. It's essentially a BOFORs 40mm. Makes sense for hardened positions, buildings, etc, because unlike a heavy energy weapon, it provides kinetic energy potential, but also unlike the ppc and laser, little chance of starting a fire.

Unfortunately, TT rules never really gave any ability to simulate that, so you got a super long range MG. But the thought process behind the idea was usually there, same as how often Lostech was poorly utilized in 3050 and 3055 designs, so often, showing the rushed nature to tack on the new shiny.

The Vulcan in MWO though? One of the most unique silhouettes for a humanoid machine. Great blend of mobility and potential hardpoints. I admit, ever since my "accidental" redesign, it's a pet mech, though, not a "by popular demand" design.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users