Mechwarrior 4 Check List And Next Mech Packages?

63 replies to this topic

#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 05 March 2016 - 07:42 AM, said:

Which you can do with a PPC just as well or far far better. Besides the damn thing has only 45 shots. If you're fighting a 4/6 enemy at long range... (only scenario where you can effectively kite the enemy) you really think you're going to kill them like that? Best case (they move less than 5 hexes and you don't have to jump) you're at +6 to hit before your gunnery score. So... assuming you've got an average 4/5 pilot... that's a 10 or better so 16.67% chance to hit. Meaning of your 45 shots you'll hit 7-8 of them. Doing a grand total of maybe 16 damage spread all over the target.

true, but a PPC leaves you with a massive heat burden, doesn't sync well with the other weapon systems, and still very light on armor... I prefer a Large Laser as a compromise, since it also has no minimum range, and the VL-2T is mobile enough to close, pretty easily.

#22 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

true, but a PPC leaves you with a massive heat burden, doesn't sync well with the other weapon systems, and still very light on armor... I prefer a Large Laser as a compromise, since it also has no minimum range, and the VL-2T is mobile enough to close, pretty easily.

Eh,with SHS it's not like you're gonna be using them and the secondary weapons any how. To be honest I'd go with a LL as well. But then you'd have a phoenix hawk basically so we know why that didn't happen.

#23 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 March 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Not going to froth and rage if mechs get added, early, but like Rus intimated, would prefer to see mechs like the Vulcan, Stinger, Wasp, Assassin, Thug, etc get a shot before jumping up to the Uber Tech Mechs that are all gimmes to eventually appear, anyhow.

Uh, where did he say that? I am still trying to figure out mech release plans in the hopes of getting new (preferably Clan) omnis, but any hints are welcome. Like, Phoenix Hawk was fairly obvious as a last remaining unseen, but what next?

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 March 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Though I dearly love the BT franchise, I am jaded to the point that any mech release, aside from the Blood Kite, will make me just go ¯\_()_/¯.

Wow, I also love that amorphous design with weapons sticking out of places that many mechs have no armour in Posted Image I guess it should be fairly accurately rendered in MWO since some mechs also have that air about them, plus Clan warriors on a budget could use a cheap assault, and Blood Kite is dirt cheap due to being made by the Blood Spirits Posted Image It is also perfectly legal timeline- and tech-wise, short of Light Active Probe in BK 2 and not having a third variant, but the SHC-P precedent may be used in that regard.

#24 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

Of course, I won't claim I stuck to stock, one of my few "extensive" redesigns in the 3025 era was this
Posted Image

Loses any long range capability, which considering it's intended role, is not a huge deal, also when combined with it's mobility. With only 3 Medium Lasers as "primary" anti Mech/armor firepower, it's no world beater, but honestly, it's firepower is in line with most other 40 tonners of the era.

Where it shines is when it brings it's flamers into the equation. Have some fun running simulations in MegaMek in forests or heavy city maps. Use the mobility and cover to evade while setting the map on fire, then when the inferno gets raging, come in close and start using those 8 MG. 16 no heat dmg is not that big a deal, especially at PBR, that is, until it is. Use that mobility to maximize the opponents hit modifier, let them rack up the heat, then move in for the kill.

As for infantry (and even CQB with Armor?) Done deal. Infantry gets annihilated, and armor tends to get hit with all sorts of crits due to sheer volume of fire.

View PostSniper09121986, on 05 March 2016 - 09:28 AM, said:

Uh, where did he say that? I am still trying to figure out mech release plans in the hopes of getting new (preferably Clan) omnis, but any hints are welcome. Like, Phoenix Hawk was fairly obvious as a last remaining unseen, but what next?

Wow, I also love that amorphous design with weapons sticking out of places that many mechs have no armour in Posted Image I guess it should be fairly accurately rendered in MWO since some mechs also have that air about them, plus Clan warriors on a budget could use a cheap assault, and Blood Kite is dirt cheap due to being made by the Blood Spirits Posted Image It is also perfectly legal timeline- and tech-wise, short of Light Active Probe in BK 2 and not having a third variant, but the SHC-P precedent may be used in that regard.

The Town Hall. He was prety explicit in his OCD to see most of the current era designs get in first, though said he would not rule out newer designs getting in sooner, entirely.

#25 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:34 AM

Bishop

Vulcan was in the MPBT:3025 game from back in 2000-2001, though I never bought one.

Posted Image

I once posted a thread full of mechs that were in 3025.

Missing so far are:
Javelin
Assassin
Vulcan

I would say Blackjack, but only because they used the artwork for the BJ-Omni for the 3025 era BJ.

Link to my library of 3025 models.
https://www.flickr.c...1656@N06/0T2xc5

edit
looks like my original thread was archived, but then it was 3 years old :D

Edited by chewie, 05 March 2016 - 09:38 AM.

#26 ScreamingSkull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hatchetman and Axman are the two mechs I want next Posted Image

#27 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:06 AM

Bushwacker and Thanatos are my picks.

But, what I'd really like to see is another mech released with 360 torso twist. It's been almost a full year and not one since the Urbie.

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:08 AM

View Postchewie, on 05 March 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

Bishop

Vulcan was in the MPBT:3025 game from back in 2000-2001, though I never bought one.

Posted Image

I once posted a thread full of mechs that were in 3025.

Missing so far are:
Javelin
Assassin
Vulcan

I would say Blackjack, but only because they used the artwork for the BJ-Omni for the 3025 era BJ.

Link to my library of 3025 models.
https://www.flickr.c...1656@N06/0T2xc5

edit
looks like my original thread was archived, but then it was 3 years old Posted Image

pretty sure that MPBT:3025 isn't considered an official title, though, any more than the MekTek mods for MW4, or MWLL.

Also, pretty sure my version PWNs theirs
Posted Image
(credit to Dingo Red for the model)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 05 March 2016 - 10:09 AM.

#29 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 March 2016 - 10:08 AM, said:

pretty sure that MPBT:3025 isn't considered an official title

SACRILEGE!!!!!

I'd like to think its more official than Mektek or MWLL Posted Image

Even if it was spawned by EA and didn't get past closed beta.... Posted Image

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

View Postchewie, on 05 March 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

SACRILEGE!!!!!

I'd like to think its more official than Mektek or MWLL Posted Image

Even if it was spawned by EA and didn't get past closed beta.... Posted Image

yeah, the lack of release (and my resultant heartbreak) are why I can't and don't think any list considers it "official". Oh what might have been......

#31 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

I really want the Assassin. Would be a fun mech at its tonnage: Really fast, looks like it might have good hitboxes, and it has JJ.

#32 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:00 PM

1 thing u gotta remember about MW4 series of mech we love. by the time MW4 merc came about(time i know i found the game) u had MW4, MW4 BK, MW4 merc, and the MW4 mech add ons. idk how many years of game production that was.

#33 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

Knowing I will never see the MW4 version of the Hellhound again breaks my heart.

#34 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:18 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 05 March 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

Knowing I will never see the MW4 version of the Hellhound again breaks my heart.

It is possible...Since MW4 did it, MWO could go off the MW4 design (there has been discussion to start a petition).

Also on the MW4 heat system seemed to do well cause...
A. When you got close to your heat threshold your mech gets sluggish as it should with lore
B. Shutting down was VERY bad and resulting in locked up for a long time to reboot.

#35 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:20 PM

I wouldn't mind if that came to MWO as just the Hellhound. But The Conjurer/Hellhound is explicitly stated to be a Wolverine IIC. The Hellhound in MW4 looks absolutely nothing like a Wolverine.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 05 March 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind if that came to MWO as just the Hellhound. But The Conjurer/Hellhound is explicitly stated to be a Wolverine IIC. The Hellhound in MW4 looks absolutely nothing like a Wolverine.

Agreed, make it it's own Clan named Hellhound instead of the Conjuror which the IS gave the reporting name Hellhound to. It's a name that would fit in with other names like Incubus, Conjurer, Summoner, etc.

Then we get to have our cake and eat it too.

#37 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostFart Huffer, on 05 March 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

they are all just different configurations of the same 3 pew pews, 12 colors of bejewb bejewbs and the numbers 1 - 20 of rockets. what we needs is more weapon variety but

Behemoth and the rail gun to go with it

The Rail gun is a made up weapon that does not exist... Mektek made it up as well as the RAC 10 and 20, the continious large laser, etc.
On top of that- it was the Behemoth II that had the railgun- which is a mech that doesn't exist either.

#38 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:19 PM

they could totally rename it the "warhound" and cannonize it. we should really make a drive for this to happen. don know where its slot in in the universe but im sure we could find a place for it......while were at it lets push it up to 55 tons hehehe

#39 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:18 PM

My most desired MW4 mechs would be their Hellhound (I like the idea of adding the Conjurer as the tro version & Hellhound as the MW4 version)

Hellspawn, Thanatos, Templar, Sunder, Fafnir & maybe the Hauptmann would be great.

Also +1 to the Assassin.

#40 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

The Thanatos is a walking English summer home with legs, no thank you.

I'll gladly take the Hellhound and the Cougar though. (Even though it would be terrible :( )

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook