61 replies to this topic

#61 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Sure looking forward to an ever developing MWO. Posted Image PvE, Coop Campaigns, CW, Solaris7, From Star League to Djihad the timeline is long and the universe is gigantic... So I have no doubts we can go on for decades!

#62 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 March 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

One has to wonder, if MWOs servers ever shut down will any avid fans try to and reproduce the game? I certainly do not advocate private servers now, but if the game dies and the servers are shut down would we ever be able to make one? (Again, don't make/play on Private Servers. The game is still alive and well!)

I´m fairly certain that will happen eventually... Look at Freelancer, for example, the official servers have been shut down for over a decade, but the game still has a pretty strong online following, especially the Discovery mod which added countless new star systems, bases and ships. You just have to connect directly to the server you want when starting the game via a third party application.

That said, Freelancer Ded.Server files were publicly available while the game was still "up", MS themselves never ran more than the reference server... so PGI would have to release the Ded.Server application to the public , or someone would have to reverse engineer their own..... Not a huge stumbling block, but it´s there...

Edited by Zerberus, 07 March 2016 - 03:29 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users